[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starfleet Uniforms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: unifroms.png (291 KB, 2310x1200) Image search: [Google]
unifroms.png
291 KB, 2310x1200
Which is your favorite uniform?
>>
Top right. It's the only choice that doesn't look cheap, or gay.
>>
>>68816502
It's a tie between TNG, TOS, and DS9
>>
2009 :]
>>
>>68816608
/thread
>>
>>68816502
They all look good besides the top left.

But the bottom left being my favorite and top right being most classy
>>
Top right look the best from a military/paramilitary standpoint (especially in distinguishing crew from officers)

Top left looks the best from an actual utility standpoint.
>>
>>68816608
this
>>
>>68816608
Agreed.

It's got that imperial feel to it.
>>
I was always interested in some kind of crossover styling of TNG's and DS9's later uniforms. Like, maintain the color on the outer layer, but also carry over the ribbed material. Keep the grey/purple on the under layer.
>>
File: coat.png (417 KB, 962x331) Image search: [Google]
coat.png
417 KB, 962x331
half-open jackets, with folds are GOAT looks

why is this always true bros?
>>
The TOS movies style (top right) is classy as fuck and I really like them but they're a bit dated for a military uniform

The DS9 / TNG movies style (bottom right) are also very stylish the most futuristic which works, and I'd say they're my favourite.

However, all of the uniforms except the middle two share the same flaw: you can't easily identify the department of the person wearing them in an emergency situation. The colouring is too subtle on the right two and Enterprise uniform, and the early TNG uniform is only coloured on the front.
>>
File: Captain Frasier.jpg (116 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Captain Frasier.jpg
116 KB, 1440x1080
2285-2295
>>
>>68817202
>When you cut one on the bridge and everybody on both ships notice
>>
Which had pockets?
>>
>>68817246
Only the ENT uniforms.

In the future humankind has developed beyond the need for such things.
>>
>>68817246
Pockets are barbaric, if you don't need something, you should share it
>>
The bottom middle ones from DS9.
>>
The only reason they change the uniform styles is when the actors get too lazy to exercise and are too fat for their old uniforms.
>>
Generations/voyager uniforms. Max comfy
>>
>>68817440
I thought, for the shows running concurrently, like TNG, DS9 and VOY, they wanted each show to have its own uniform so that people would more easily be able to distinguish them? Not that a lay person would tune into DS9, think they were watching TNG and care. But producers think this can happen.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.