[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sherlock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1461722320903.png (189 KB, 915x614) Image search: [Google]
1461722320903.png
189 KB, 915x614
Is this /tv/'s final opinion on Sherlock ?
I think it's pretty accurate.
>>
I wonder if this person really saw No Country for Old Man. Chigurh never showed any patience or did planning/research.
He would just storm through the front door, guns blazing and killing everything that moves.
>>
File: overacting_cunt.jpg (55 KB, 336x420) Image search: [Google]
overacting_cunt.jpg
55 KB, 336x420
>>68811005

I partly agree with the anon. I for the life of me can not understand the hype that surrounds sherlock and why every person I've met in real life sucks this shows dick.

"The deductions" aren't smart. They're extremely contrived and hardly satisfying considering that they depend on information that the viewer did not know. So when the reasoning is explained you can't go "ooooohhhh, fuck that makes sense". you just go, "oh. ok so i guess that's what they did". it's fucking dumb.
cumberbatch is overrated. his portrayal of sherlock is cringeworthy to me. watson is fine i guess.
the show is dull and boring.
moriarty is without a shred of doubt the most retarded faggot ass character of this show by a long shot. he's supposed to come across as a genius but the guy who portrayed him overacts so fucking much I cringe in disgust every time he makes a stupid face and overdoes an emotion (anger or laughter or haughtiness or whatever). it's as if an school child is having fits.

Also lets be honest, the moriarty finale was dumb as FUCK. his entire scheme was predicated on not some "genius scheme" but a fucking retarded hostage situation. "you die else my henchman will kill your loved ones". how fucking dull. they have two amazing characters who're supposed to be caught in a war of intellect but it all boils down to this shitty cliched hostage situation. moriarty is fucking dumb. sherlock is fucking dumb.

The guy in that picture is spot on because he knows that the show writers aren't smart/clever enough to come up with actually smart or clever situations so they just try to build a "cool story" and to make it intelligent at the end, they resolve conflict by introducing new facts and knowledge that writes them out of the situation.

this show is boring as fuck and I hated with passion the air of pretentiousness it assumes. it thinks that it is clever or smart or ingenuous but it's just shit. (fuck moriarty in particular)
>>
>>68812129
I think you nail it for me too. I don't think it's terrible, just not super interesting
>>
>>68811005
Go back to >>>/a/
>>
>>68811888
have you watched no country for old men? description in pic is exactly what happens
>>
My headcanon is that Sherlock is actually Dorian Gray from the past, instead of being an actual genius, he just had all the time in the world to study and learn everything he had to, this also explains why he's pretyt much asexual most of time since he has pretty much lived the sinner's life from the past, He's a PI because he's bored, He wants something to do with his life.

Moriarty actually came from the line of Vane's Dorian's love of his life, and is tasked, generation after generation to go after Dorian Gray
>>
>>68811005
I've never been able to bring myself to watch this.
Cumberbatch doesn't help.
>>
>>68811888
read pic again
Anton does kill an entire room by himself, but they make the effort of showing us how
he's not some alien or has telepathic abilities, he's just smart and thinks ahead

Sherlock is not void of this, but it more farfetched
>mind palace etc
>>
>>68814309
Isn't mind palace more about memory? I don't see why was it necessary to visualize, but it wasn't really related to deduction.
>>
Who here /JeremyBrett/

the 1990's series was GOAT
>>
>>68811005
Doyle would agree, you should see the parody he wrote making this veey same point about Sherlock.
>>
File: 01.jpg (99 KB, 620x450) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
99 KB, 620x450
>>68811005
I'm probably gonna get shit for this but I honestly and unironically prefer Elementary.

Sherlock is just too little payoff for the time investment, and if an episode starts off shitty then it's pretty much guaranteed to be shit all the way through.

Meanwhile Elementary is more bang for the buck and doesn't take itself too seriously. That helps to add levity to some of sillier episodes, whereas Sherlock just comes off as unaware.

That's why they've had to start doing gimmicks like reverting to the Victorian era, etc. Like fucking Community.
>>
>>68814679
I liked Elementary though I stopped following it eventually.
>>
>>68811005
Dumb show but for some reason I enjoyed the character, especially Watson.
>>
The first episode of Sherlock was good and showed promise but it quickly bought into its own hype and by the time that tap dancing homo Moriarty break danced into the frame it was already unsalvageable.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.