[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joe Russo wants Wolverine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Flickering Myth’s Oli Davis sat down with directors Anthony and Joe Russo to talk about their movie Captain America: Civil War yesterday. Well, we say ‘sat down to talk’, what we really mean is, ‘completely geeked out about how much he enjoyed their portrayal of Spider-Man’.

“I started collecting comics when I was 10,” Joe remembered, “so Spider-Man was my favourite character. [Civil War’s] interpretation of the character is based on how I felt about the character as a child. There was an incredible relate-ability to the fact he was a 16-year-old dealing with girls, acne and high-school problems while he was also this incredibly powerful Marvel superhero.”

When the Russos first started making Captain America: Civil War, however, Marvel did not have permission to use the Spider-Man character. Sony held the movie rights to Peter Parker and his associated characters because of Marvel’s fire-sale in the 90s to avoid bankruptcy. In early 2015, however, Marvel and Sony struck a joint-custody deal of the intellectual property.

With Spider-Man suddenly dropping into their laps, Joe spoke about what other character he’d love to have in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the studio currently do not have permission to use.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/04/joe-russo-wants-wolverine-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/
>>
>>68805467
Sounds shit. X-men work better in their own world. The whole thing about the world hating mutants but not normal superheroes is autistic as hell.
>>
>>68805467
I'm sick of both Spider-Man and Wolverine
>>
>>68805529

>captain america
>got his superpowers from a test tube like a good, dependable, Christian, American man

>cyclops
>got his "superpowers" from some horrific mutation that might one day affect and overthrow all of humanity, superpowers that could often be destructive and difficult to control
>>
>>68805546
Are you telling me you wouldn't like to see the best buddy-cop like duo in comics? Spider-Man and Wolverine have always been great together with Wolverine's no-nonsense straight tough guy act to Spidey's laid back quip-tacular awkwardness.

They're about on par with Cable & Deadpool.
>>
>>68805467

DCucks on suicide watch.

LMAO
>>
Everyone wants more Wolverine in everything. Because he's fucking awesome.
>>
>>68805467
>“I started collecting comics when I was 10,”
wow so one of us such nerd
>>
>>68805529
>The whole thing about the world hating mutants but not normal superheroes is autistic as hell.
It's because Stan stole the idea from the OTHER comic book about a team of feared misfits led by a mysterious cripple in a wheelchair, Doom Patrol.
>>
>>68805617
>They're about on par with Cable & Deadpool except without the implied fisting-on-the-reg and endless 4th wall horseshit
>>
>>68805618
>LMAO
4chan is an 18+ website
>>
Can somebody just please explain to me why Marvel, whose parent company is DISNEY, still can't just buy back Spiderman, X-men, etc. from other studios?

Disney.
Dis-NEY.

They seriously don't have enough money to buy all Marvel characters under one umbrella?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.