[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mother! You're alive! TOO BAD YOU... WILL DIE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: mk die.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mk die.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>Mother! You're alive!

TOO BAD

YOU...

WILL DIE
>>
As a kid I thought MK: The Movie was fantastic and Annihilation was trash.

I haven't seen them since.

Did the original movie age well? And by well I mean will I bask in glorious 90s action shlock?
>>
>>68800842
Still very entertaining, imo.
>>
File: 2h2gr9k.jpg (45 KB, 1077x684) Image search: [Google]
2h2gr9k.jpg
45 KB, 1077x684
>>68800842
>will I bask in glorious 90s action shlock?
Yes 1000 times over.
>Scorpion and Sub Zero's entrance
>Goro
>Based Kano
>Scorpion/Cage fight
>Reptile/Kang fight
>the soundtrack

its fucking glorious.

Annihilation is an absolute mess, but its hysterical to watch at how bad it is.
>>
>>68800842

Last year they aired both, one after the other, over where I live.
It really put things in perspective.

The first one is a really fun flick, with that nostalgic "cheesy but fun" charm those 90s Fantasy movies and shows had. Annihilation has better special effects but lacks the heart of the first movie, with the only fun moments stemming from unintentional bad writing like the scene OP posted.

So definitely watch the first one, but avoid the second one.
>>
cages movie fight, your soul will be mine, tsang tsungs first body transformation, first appearance of sub and scor, cages luggages drops in the water, COME OVER HERE. fuck i need to watch this nao.
>>
Annihilation had ten times the budget of the first one and they blew it all on special effects and Thai hookers
>>
Eh Annihilation at least didn't try to retell the story that made it popular enough to get a film treatment in the first place.

The first film is watered down shit that could've been told in 15 minutes.
>>
>>68805385
that's ironic considering the sfx look like they were done on a video toaster
>>
>>68805497
>rushed production
>inexperienced director
>tried to cram in every single character from mk2 and 3 including ermac for some reason
>introducing elder gods making shao khan a goddamn jobber in the process

those are just off the top of my head, but mk2 movie had problems
>>
>>68805737

But damn if that guy didn't own that role. More charisma than the knock off Raiden anyway.
>>
The fucking Scorpion vs Cage fight is fucking badass to this day
>>
>>68805766

I can't really imagine anyone other than Richard Epcar as Raiden at this point, anyway. That voice is too iconic.
>>
File: mk_conquest.jpg (27 KB, 380x400) Image search: [Google]
mk_conquest.jpg
27 KB, 380x400
Let's discuss the amazing television adaptation.

I only found out of its existence from LimeWire or KaZaA in the form of .divx files.
>>
>>68805924
I remember watching it, but can't remember much about it, only ninja fights.
>>
File: 12829298.jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
12829298.jpg
5 KB, 480x360
>You have been chosen to defend the realm of Earth.
>In a tournament called Mortal Kombat.

The lack of Lambert is disturbing.
>>
>>68805924
i used to watch that show, it came on before Nightman. kristina lokken and the guy from future wax. it was hilarious because they would have guest stars like jaime pressley who couldn't fight, but would just shoot their stunt doubles from the back doing stuff during the prerequisite techno fight scenes. shang tsung was pretty based and the chick in the green outfit always had a visible camel toe.
>>
>>68806091
AAAHAHAAAA!

.... sorry
>>
>>68800842
As a kid i loved them and still do.
Second one will always be my favorite even though it's shit.
>>
>>68805924
I hate this show. Boring as fuck.

>Raiden acts like an ass all the time
>Suddendly he beats up Kung Lao for some reason
>Get upset and go rent MK2
>Spend the entire evening beating up Raiden in the Vs mode with Kung Lao.
>>
File: 0 (1).jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0 (1).jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>68806091
>parents watched Highlander when I was a kid
>Lambert is Raiden in the MK movie
>kid_excite.exe
>mfw they replaced him in Annhilation
>>
File: 1461521771822.jpg (98 KB, 668x500) Image search: [Google]
1461521771822.jpg
98 KB, 668x500
>>68805345
This better be bait
>>
>>68800766

you're gonna die alone
>>
>>68800766

I remember feeling betrayed when I found out this is not in fact the bitch milf from the OC
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.