[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many movies have their villains and/or heroes be whiny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: androgynous.png (513 KB, 600x854) Image search: [Google]
androgynous.png
513 KB, 600x854
Why do so many movies have their villains and/or heroes be whiny little bitches? Is it a failed attempt at creating a complex character?
>>
he looks like the senpai who broke my heart in that pic
>>
>>68800109
because it's le fedora tipping subversion except everyone does it so it's not subverting shit
>>
File: lol_rip5.png (161 KB, 700x395) Image search: [Google]
lol_rip5.png
161 KB, 700x395
because they want their projected target audience to identify with them.

that's you, OP.
>>
Pain is at the heart of 'evil' characters. That's why villains are so important, because they show us what makes ordinary people into bad people. I guess there's a trend going on where villainous characters are being more honest about their pain
>>
Your problem isn't with the personality. It's with the appearance. If a gruff, buff guy says it, it's "badass", but if a skinny, fuccboi says it, it's "emo whiny shit".
>>
>>68800109

It's the age of the nu-male, who, by definition are whiny little bitches.
>>
>>68802469
OP BTFO
>>
>>68802088
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0C3IhWcJH0
>>
>>68802088
rekt and checked
>>
Give other examples, I can only think of Chronicle.
>>
>>68802830
How long does it take to come out with new episodes of Abridged? Ah well, at least the last one was pretty funny with the Catholic army.
>>
>>68802874
Donal Trump.
>>
File: hewants.gif (177 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
hewants.gif
177 KB, 250x188
>>68802881
too long :(
>>
>>68800109
Most of their audience are whiny bitches. Gotta playcate to that whiny bitch money.
>>
>>68802888
trips for truth
>>68802874
He was supposed to be a emo school shooter type so it makes sense. In Star Wars it made no sense.
>>
It seems that Americans are far more likely to be killed by some emo little shithead who can't get laid than anyone else. In the olden times it was scary wolves. Now it's virgins with a grudge and a gun.
>>
>>68800109
>Why do so many movies have their villains and/or heroes be whiny little bitches?

it's what passes for evil today. sheltered audiences who never lived through the reign of a hitler or even a kruschev can only recognize an entitled, petulant shitlord as a villain
>>
>>68802469
the ubiquity of hormonal birth control has altered women's collective attractions. chicks don't want a stoic, muscular guy like a burt reynolds or sean connery anymore, but rather skinny, femme/androgynous, nonthreatening emo sissies

they don't respond to testosterone.
>>
File: Cg6BG62VEAAD4qg.jpg large.jpg (68 KB, 920x378) Image search: [Google]
Cg6BG62VEAAD4qg.jpg large.jpg
68 KB, 920x378
>>68800109
Because they are promoting leftie ideology. The only believable adversary to a leftie hero is someone who is mentally 3yo or less.
>>
>>68800109
>Why do so many movies have their villains and/or heroes be whiny little bitches?

It works when they are white, you cracka
>>
>>68800109

>they neutered the big bad guy of the whole trilogy by having him get beat up by a little girl who had never touched a light sabre in her life before in the first film

My sides how can anyone like this fucking shite film?
>>
>>68800109

>He thinks the problem is Kylo Ren
>He doesn't see the problem is Rey
>>
>>68800109
Because you would have complained if he was another silent, cool bad-ass like Vader or Maul, so they instead wrote him like a deluded fanboy who's in over his head.

Much like the people who would complain about him a year later on an anime imageboard.
>>
>>68805190
>kylo ren
>big bad guy of the whole trilogy

If you can't smell the redemption arc wafting off of him from the moment he steps on screen, you have all the film knowledge of a toddler.
>>
Because the 90s happened.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.