[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 624x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 624x258
Even without his powers, Clark is stronger and faster than John
He could've easily ran over, let the dog out, and run back without anyone dying, and without him revealing his powers
>>
>>68789979
>a father should let his son be put in danger
k
>>
How many times do you see a dad tell his children and wife to get to safety while he risks his life. It is just John being a typical dad, he didn't have the foresight to see his foot getting stuck, to him it was just "get the family to safety, open the door for the dog and meet up with family again".
>>
>>68790138
>>68790291
Clark is literally invincible
LITERALLY INVINCIBLE
HE SURVIVED BEING HIT WITH A NUKE
>>
>>68791389
dmbfck
>>
>>68791389
>he knows for sure his son is invincible
>would even still be okay with putting his son in possible danger
literally only super strength was known about
>>
>>68789979
Yep, no one would have questioned it.
>>
>>68789979
You do realize that due to the massive acceleration of Clark, the dad and the dog would have literally blown up due to force?
>>
>>68791565
No he's saying Clark could have run at a human pace and rescued the dog without anyone really questioning it.
>>
>>68791694
Oh, well, wouldn't that still not be possible as he didn't have enough time because the tornado was right next to the car though? I forgot as it's been a while.
>>
>>68791860
I think Pa Kent got his foot stuck or something like that.
>>
File: 1459474259973.gif (3 MB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
1459474259973.gif
3 MB, 450x350
>>68791935
This gif will never not crack me up.

Look at the way he flails.
>>
>>68791975
pure kino
>>
>>68791975
tbqh he should have been crushed by a car
>>
>people still don't realize he wasn't superman yet
>>
>>68790138
>A father should allow his son to witness him die and give him psychological problems thereafter for a fucking dog.
>>
>>68792648
>son im about to die but maybe you can save me
>i know your a kid and possibly invincible so i want you to risk your life to maybe save me
>i know there's a tornado 10 feet behind me but run ten yards at a normal pace to help me limp all the way back.
>come on son im your dad you should always put your life in danger for someone who's just about done raising his kid and close to retirement
>>
>>68789979
Who decided Clark wasn't ready?
>>
>>68794741
His father ironically. Clark stopped because his father who he looked up to made him pause
>>
>>68789979
It's because it's a shitty movie made by an even shitty director.
>>
>>68794769
Really, it was Clark. Think about it.

Obeying his father's wishes is what a good son would do. Respecting his decision is exactly what a good son would do, but it's not what a good *man* would do, and it's definitely not what a man ready to face the world as Superman would do.

As a grown man, would you have thought twice about trying to help your father, regardless of what he thought was the right thing?
>>
>>68794895
I agree with this
I think the reason we went from heart attack to simply not doing anything is because every human being has done something they regret in life. His father dying do to his own negligence is something that weighs on his soul forever, meanwhile a heart attack is a heart attack.
>>
>>68791480
>"Did they hurt you?"
>"You know they can't"
>>
>>68794997
Yeah, not to mention that if their conversation hadn't been interrupted, Jonathon was about to open up the discussion with Clark about him wanting to "do something important" with his life.

He'd have learned awful quick that he was never going to be able to save everybody anyway,
>>
File: Superman.jpg (152 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
152 KB, 1280x1024
>>68789979

fucking disgrace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
>>
>>68795144
Another thing.
Why is it nowadays whenever a superhero is about to lose a loved one/family member, they need to have some kind of argument first?
Clark and Pa were having a sweet and fun back and forth talk and suddenly he has a heart attack.
Now, if you see a hero arguing with a loved one, you know they're gonna die soon
>>
>>68795354
It adds some extra regret into the mix. It's to remind us we always need to try to be our best selves, because you never know whether this is the last time you ever see that person.
>>
>>68795444
Can't argue with the trips
Still, it can get predictable after awhile
>>
>>68795501
Oh, I know exactly what you mean. When I saw them do it back in Raimi's Spiderman, I was like, "Come on. Isn't it enough that he didn't stop the thief?"
>>
File: stop.jpg (112 KB, 510x1117) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
112 KB, 510x1117
>>68789979
>>
File: 1459216667156.jpg (38 KB, 559x556) Image search: [Google]
1459216667156.jpg
38 KB, 559x556
>yfw The Flash standalone movie shows The Flash was the one who created that tornado that killed Pa Kent
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.