[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trigger Warning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: p9384_p_v8_as.jpg (427 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p9384_p_v8_as.jpg
427 KB, 960x1440
I'll just leave this here.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3388753/talk-vasquez-aliens-casting-problematic/
>>
>>68787171
... shit i had no fucking clue she wasn't actually latino.

but nah yeah thats legit pretty racist, they had to give her brown contacts and brown makeup instead of just hiring a latino.
>>
>>68787171
that's fucked up. next thing you'll be telling me is that they didn't even use real aliens.
>>
>>68787171

I hate SJW's so fucking much senpai.

They cast her because she was living and working in London at the time and by British casting rules they had to rule out anyone living in England first before they could bring in people from other countries.

Fucking Christ I hate this bullshit.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWLKwrmYd6A

Start watching at 24:30.
>>
File: [CKYAs internally].png (1 MB, 1189x809) Image search: [Google]
[CKYAs internally].png
1 MB, 1189x809
>>68787171
>http://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3388753/talk-vasquez-aliens-casting-problematic/
>editorials
>problematic
>>
>>68787932
>No female latino actors living in England at all.
Hmmm, plausible but unlikely I reckon.
>>
>>68787171
>>68787567
Holy shit

Who

The hell

Cares

Seriously, they just cast the best person who auditioned, why does race even matter? Yes the character was played by a smoking hot latina in aliens, but who gives a shit what race of the actor who plays this character next is.

Seriously, isn't it a bit hypocritical to say, "every race is equal," or even "race doesn't exist," and then turn face and say "the race of this actor is a problem."

There's no black Vikings
>>
What bothers me most about this article is the site that put it out. I thought it was about horror news, like fangoria or rue morgue. Now I can't even go there to escape this Salon-tier bullshit? Fucking 'problematic' in the article's title?

Not to mention that this was before the massive influx (invasion?) of Hispanics. I suppose they could have got Maria Conchita Whatsherfuck but this actress did so fucking good, I really can't see how anyone can bitch. Especially three decades later and especially on an ostensibly apolitical website devoted to horror fans.
>>
>>68788362
Well, you for one. I feel like you're really confused about the issue. Like, you wanna agree with everyone on 4chan but can't articulate it well.

If race didn't matter why'd they make her latino? Why not leave her white? It's not the race of the actor that's at issue, its that their changing that actors race to another race rather than just hiring that race. Hiring good actors is fine, but they hired someone then brownfaced them. It's kinda offensive but more just weird to me. It's like if they made the show vikings but hired black actors and white faced them.
>>
>>68788362
>Yes the character was played by a smoking hot latina in aliens

Something tells me you didn't read the link.
>>
>>68788362
>Seriously, they just cast the best person who auditioned, why does race even matter? Yes the character was played by a smoking hot latina in aliens, but who gives a shit what race of the actor who plays this character next is.

the fuck are you talking about?
>>
I'll just shit on you're thread with a worthless post
>>
>>68790472
>you're thread

worthlessness checks out
>>
File: Jenette-Goldstein.jpg (20 KB, 319x450) Image search: [Google]
Jenette-Goldstein.jpg
20 KB, 319x450
>this woman
>white
>>
>>68790727
>Goldstein
>>
>>68787171
They're mad because velazquez wasn't a mary sue who completely ruined the movie.

They are like a toddler throwing a tantrum at the supermarket, they're not doing it because they are actually being treated unjustly, the whole point is to draw as much attention as possible.
>>
>>68788619

>If race didn't matter, why'd they make her latino?

This is a good point. They could have just changed her name and kept pretty much everything the same and it would have worked just fine. But they decided to go the brownface route. Seems weird. I'm not familiar with the latina actress pool of the 80s, so I can't name a better choice I guess. Just a weird issue.
>>
>>68788568

It's called an editorial for a reason you fucking freak.

Editorials are opinion pieces that don't have to reflect the opinions of the publisher. If you don't like it, don't read it, and if it really upsets you that BD gave this person a platform for this article, then fuck you anyway you stupid shit.
>>
>>68791027
The tone of your post is very offensive.
This is problematic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.