[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I know if a movie is actually good? Experience tells
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1457619163427.png (4 KB, 185x186) Image search: [Google]
1457619163427.png
4 KB, 185x186
How do I know if a movie is actually good?

Experience tells me that just because I like something doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>68785060
If IMDb rating is above 7.5 you can be sure it caters to the cheetos dust demo.
>>
>>68785060
>How do I know if a movie is actually good?

If you don't like it or you think it was boring, then it was actually good.
>>
>>68785400
wow, thanks.

i feel like a real critic now.
>>
If you felt emotional connection to it then it's good.

Also listening to critics just makes you an opinioncuck
>>
>>>/v/ >>>/v/
>>
>>68785400
Wrong, everything is objective even art
>>
>>68786434
But you're objectively wrong about everything anon. You're a broken clock that isn't even right twice a day.
>>
>>68786434
literally nothing is objective except some aspects of math and science.

The idea that murder is wrong, for example, is no more "objectively true" than the idea that green is a better color than yellow.
>>
>>68785060
The more movies you watch with a critical eye the more you develop it, the better your taste gets, the easier it gets to sense quality in them.
>>
>>68785292
are you the "Shining White Beacon of light" guy??
>>
>>68786755
this
>>
If I like it then it is good.
If you like it then it is shit.
If we both like the same thing you are wrong for liking it.
If we borh dislike th same thing we are both correct but I am more correct than you.
Ideally you should not. (anything)
>>
>>68786755
It's basically tied with thinking for yourself, learning to learn, and developing critical analysis; reading literature and other forms of art with an analytic approach helps a lot too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.