[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Winter Soldier is all about symbolism. >Cap is the spirit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1461711209067.jpg (86 KB, 901x446) Image search: [Google]
1461711209067.jpg
86 KB, 901x446
>Winter Soldier is all about symbolism.

>Cap is the spirit of America, or at least America’s idealized potential. He's humble, he's good, he inspires others, he's all about "muh freedoms," he’s a throwback to the last time Americans saw themselves as the heroes of a truly unambiguous conflict (WWII), and is uncomfortable with/disgusted by America as it is today, having compromised its freedoms and ideals in the name of security. He repeatedly mentions how he feels lost in the modern world and its moral ambiguities, is depressed, and possibly suicidal.

>Winter Soldier is America as it actually is. He's a killing machine that has caused untold death and destruction around the world over the last century (with imagery explicitly suggesting the numerous political assassinations and upheavals of the period), his true agenda hidden behind the distracting specter of Communism (the red star, the fact that he speaks in Russian for the first half of the movie and is noted/shown as favoring Russian weapons/ammunition) but in reality is a brainwashed feral animal in thrall to shadowy powers-that-be who believe in war and the reduction of freedoms in the name of order (a big change from the comics, where he really was a Russian agent: that's not an accident)

>Think about how the movie ends. The Winter Soldier, America-as-it-is, confronts Cap, the Spirit of idealized American values. Cap, unwilling to kill his friend, surrenders. The feral beast that is America attacks the personification of its (theoretical) values and starts beating that personification to death with its bare hands. Only a nagging sense that maybe this is wrong, a flicker of memory from a time when he cared about the thing he is beating bloody, stops him from finishing the job. And that depressed and disheartened spirit of America lets it happen, is totally willing to be killed as it pleads with America-as-it-is to remember what it should be.

Is Winter Soldier kino?
>>
File: tumblr_l6ht47A6s11qc073co1_400.gif (493 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l6ht47A6s11qc073co1_400.gif
493 KB, 325x244
>>68784563
>that cg tony
>>
YOU AGAIN REPORTED
>>
Everytime I see shitty cam rips I want to see the movie on putlocker.

I can't take it anymore
>>
>>68784563
You took that from this thread.>>68777448
>>
>>68784870
Yeah
>>
>>68784563
Which explains why it's by far the best marvel movie.

Meanwhile Snyder is still trying to draw parallels between Superman and Christ like it means anything in the modern world.
>>
>>68784563
>thinking this hard about a Mehville moovy
KEK
>>
>>68785090
>would you like some more sugar with your nihilism

*Tips to infinity and beyond
>>
>>68784563
This theory would be much more credible if America was actually a responsible for untold death and destruction over the last century. If anything, we've been fighting with one arm tied behind our back, with some of the strictest rules of engagement in the world. We could glass every motherfucker on the planet, and we don't.

Take your bullshit and leave.
>>
>>68785342
>America hasn't killed every living thing on the planet so it's clearly the good guy.
>>
>>68785153
kek
>>
File: 1448056938005.jpg (100 KB, 440x498) Image search: [Google]
1448056938005.jpg
100 KB, 440x498
>>68785342
>we could glass every motherfucker on the planet
>>
>>68785342
George Bush pls
>>
AUNT MAY ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HOT
I'M FEELING THINGS I SHOULDN'T
>>
>>68784563
This is not kino
>>
>>68784715
Hopefully it will look better in the final version of the film.

CG Michael "I got throat cancer from eating pussy" Douglas was fantastic in Ant-Man.
>>
>>68784563
KINO
I
N
O
>>
>>68784715
>>68785841
RDJ said in an interview there was an actor who physically played him younger, not him CGd to look young.
>>
>>68785841
Ant-Man is objectively kino.
>>
>>68785841
When was he CG in Antman? I didn't even notice.
>>
>>68786196
at the beginning flashback with Peggy Carter and Papa Stark
>>
>>68786250
I honestly thought he was in make up. It looked just like him from his younger days.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.