[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best sci-fi movie since Aliens.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 7.12.jpg (304 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
7.12.jpg
304 KB, 1600x900
Best sci-fi movie since Aliens.
>>
TRUTH. Er, which one is this again?
>>
>>68783445

The second one.
>>
Has there been a better reboot of a series?
>>
>>68783369
Rise > Dawn
>>
>>68784332

Why though?
>>
i hated how much of a reckless moustache twirler they made Koba. he had a legitimate point of view
>>
I hate the cast. Andy Serkia & Gary Oldman were good though.

Jason Clarke, that chick from the Americans, and Jodi Smitt are awful. Most stiff, unlikable actors in a while. They could use some charisma.
>>
>>68784332
agreed
>>
>>68784357
This. I've loved these movies, like (>>68784131) said there really haven't been many great reboots like this (of such a fucking classic franchise, too!), but Koba seemed so paint-by-numbers. He really did have good reasoning and they did a terrible job of showing it, he just looked like a total prick.

Idk, maybe they were trying to draw parallels between him and Oldman, but they could have done a much better job.

>>68784332
>>68784347
Personally I enjoyed the first one more, but maybe just because it was so surprisingly good in this time where nothing is original and they insist on ruining every beloved franchise.
>>
>>68784394
Totally agree. Maybe it's just my love of the originals that blinded me, but I did feel something off. Very wooden, many of them.

I will say that the CGI is pretty great. My whole family scrutinizes the shit out of stuff like that, and I don't think any of us caught anything - which is unusual.
>>
>>68784332
Which is which again? I think Dawn is the sequel? Rise caters to women. Dawn caters to men.
>>
All the human stuff in Dawn completely sucked, even Oldman. I wish we could just get a full on ape film but it won't happen, maybe after the humans get rekt harder in the next one
>>
I've only seen rise but it was pretty shit.
>>
File: literallyonlyhereaseyecandy.jpg (151 KB, 940x711) Image search: [Google]
literallyonlyhereaseyecandy.jpg
151 KB, 940x711
>>68784984
>rise caters to women

the only major female character was one of the most pointless characters I've ever seen in a movie.
>>
This movie is literally White Men Are Literally Hitler: The Movie
>>
>>68785869

The fuck? The villain in the first was a black guy
>>
>>68785726
B-but she taught him how to do t-the h-hand thing....
>>
File: a.jpg (22 KB, 536x324) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
22 KB, 536x324
>>68786142
this guy?
>>
>>68786246
>his name is Buck
Pottery
>>
>>68786246
The names Bond, James Bond.
>>
File: Untitled.png (824 KB, 789x663) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
824 KB, 789x663
>>68784347
I find the story more intriguing and it has stronger emotional moments. Dawn is great too but for me it didn't live up to its full potential
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.