[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: bestfriends.jpg (76 KB, 490x346) Image search: [Google]
bestfriends.jpg
76 KB, 490x346
What went wrong?
>>
>it's an aunty nora episode
>>
File: co-creator.png (51 KB, 164x148) Image search: [Google]
co-creator.png
51 KB, 164x148
>>68783206
Steve
>Sort of funny show but overall clumsy. Stand up is rehash of weak XFM/Podcast material delivered through a contrived douche version of himself.
>>
File: ricky.png (159 KB, 274x296) Image search: [Google]
ricky.png
159 KB, 274x296
>>68783206
Ricky
>Derek is without redemption. Reminds world he is an award winner, atheist, and animal rights activist every day via Twitter. Writing and standup have stagnated as a result of infinite money and fame.
>>
File: karl.jpg (47 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
karl.jpg
47 KB, 500x442
>>68783206

Karl
>Funniest post-Extras moments from Gervais and Merchant all delivered by Karl. Idiot Abroad and HBO animation are their best work. He realizes he could make Idiot Abroad by himself with 80% less stress and 20x more money if he cut out Steve and Ricky, so he did. Obsesses about moths, monkeys, and bees all day, but you'll never hear about it because he pissed off Ricky and Steve. Cannot fix his boiler.
>>
>>68783206
Karl's a dumb fucking faggot
>>
>>68783386
>Karl has also gone into detail about a time when he sat down in front of his TV as a child and happened to catch a glimpse up her skirt, and that "it looked like a ripped tennis ball"
>>
Pleb: Ricky
Contrarian: Karl
Patrician: Steve
>>
Since this is a post about Brits. I've been trying to remember the title to a British movie where a burglar breaks into this guys home through the roof but the guy is crazy and plays games with him? Might have something to do with n ex-wife.
>>
>>68783536
>>68783649
these images magically change colour from the thumbnails

how did you do this
>>
>>68783788
I'm happy for Karl. He seems so much happier now. Fuck Ricky, he's an arrogant entitled cunt and Steve is just Ricky's whipping boy.
>>
>>68783873
what kind of movie was it

plays games with him in a wacky 'home alone' comedy way or a 'saw' way
>>
>>68783873
Sleuth?
>>
>>68783867
Steve is a textbook contrarian, the model which all faggots here aspire to be.
I could actually see him posting here.
>>
>>68783936
Yup, thank you.
>>
>>68783788

Wait what happened between them?
>>
File: burgled.png (91 KB, 268x198) Image search: [Google]
burgled.png
91 KB, 268x198
>>68783873
This?
http://spankbang.com/33fs/video/burglar+fucks+nasty+wife
>>
>>68783788
Moaning of Life is so much better than Idiot Abroad.
Karl doing stuff that interests him, and you don't hear Gervais butting in every 10 minutes.

XFM Season1/early season 2 is still GOAT though, before it just became shitting on Karl for the entire show.

>INFINITY SORTS IT OUT FOR YOU!!!!!!!
>How?
>IT JUST DOES YOU STUPID IDIOT
>>
>>68783788
Karl's a big guy
>>
>>68784053
Idiot Abroad 3 with Warwick Davis was fucking gold.

>The pleasure tent
>The fucking water jet pack
>Those gypsies rubbing Warwick for good luck
>The gypsy children trying to tie him to the baloons
>>
>>68784155

I feel really bad for Warwick, he must have thought Life's Too Short would be his big break and that his character would be like the new David Brent. Shame he's not a very good actor and the show was shit.
>>
>it's a Karl says something which eventually turns out to be right, but Ricky mocks him for the rest of the show about it anyway even if he's been told he's in the wrong episode
He milked "What're those things in Gremlins called?" up until they stopped recording.
>>
my father shares karls pessimism and apathy about other places and cultures. for that reason an idiot abroad is one of his favorite shows.
>>
>>68784212
But it was funnier than Derek, and a hell of a lot less maudlin.
>>
>>68784414

The holocaust was funnier than Derek, that's literally saying nothing
>>
>invalid
>>
>>68784624
All the shit Karl gets called from them, invalid is fine.
Just wish he'd pick on Ricky a little more, but you don't start on someone that's major.
>>
File: image60.jpg (221 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
image60.jpg
221 KB, 1280x852
>>68784528
What I don't understand is how he was nominated for two Emmys for Derek. That show is so bad... it's unbelievable.
>>
>>68784909

Because people recognise his name on the ballots, I highly doubt the majority of emmy voters actually watched the show.
>>
I just found about Karl he's a cool guy Ricky always been a little faggot cunt.
>>
>>68785664
>I just found about Karl
I'm so jealous. I'd seriously contemplate spending $500 if I could erase everything Karl related from my memory just to experience it all again.
>>
>>68784155
>the gypsy children tie him to the baloons
Kek loved that

>>68784212
Warwick is a cunt.
>>
>>68785710
I watched all the HBO video stuff. I think idiot abroad is cool watched china and Japan got turned off by poo in loo india. Fucken shit everywhere.
>>
>>68783788

In a way it annoys me how I'm so much like Karl and was surprised to hear someone else with my kind of outlook on life out there. Not even in the haha I'm a special snowflake thing NOTICE ME AHAHAHAHHA or anything, but in a genuine way.

I just wish I could be paid for it like him.
>>
>>68785749
You gotta get the podcasts/radio show. Listen to it on the train or whatever. It's their magnum opus.
>>
>>68784414
>But it was funnier than Derek, and a hell of a lot less maudlin.
The best bit about Derek was Karl moaning about things, I cracked up when he was talking about that guy using the crabs as post it notes.
>>
>>68785850
Isnt that same thing as Ricky show or w/e
>>
>yfw there are more early season 1 XFM shows out there

I wonder if they still exist, like in some cupboard at the XFM studio or whatever the station is called these days.
>>
I KNOW YOU'RE JUST SIXTEEN BUT LOOKING ALL OF TWENTY ONEE
>>
>>68785879
It's Ricky, Steve and Karl. When they first start working together on a radio station in 2001 (someone recorded almost all the episodes) and then a podcast they did after.
>>68785924
Would they keep recordings for that long?
>>
>>68786017

That was one of Karl's dumbest theories tbqh, Chinese generally look young until they're 50-60

>>68786058

I mean probably not, but it's possible
>>
>>68786058
I watched all of monkey newss on youtube. Then Questions with Karl etc.
>>
>>68786121
That's only scraping the surface, trust me.
>>
>>68786234
pretty cool , I dont want to hear ricky really just karl still worth it?

Just google it and finding it easy?
>>
>>68786121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zaOjaflHg

Listen to this m8

XFM is god tier
>>
>>68786286
I enjoy him and his dad talks lol and bug shit.

The tic tac stuff.
>>
>>68786267
It was back in the day when Ricky wasn't as insufferable as he is now. They all have a lot of funny moments and Ricky winding up the other two is part of the magic. It's definitely worth it.
The torrent I got it all from years ago doesn't seem to have and seeds but just look up 'XFM' for the radio show and 'Ricky Gervais Show' for the podcast on kickasstorrents or whatever and you should be able to find them separately.
>>
>>68786388
Ok so now Karl and them hate each other?
>>
>>68786425
I think Karl just realized he's famous enough to make shows on his own now. He doesn't need Ricky's patronage like he did in the early days.
I don't think there's any evidence that they hate each other, they're just all trying to do their own thing and ironically Karl is having the most success. So good on the little slaphead twat.
>>
>>68786552
Yeah I remember Stephen from portal 2. Ricky is ok but sometimes he just a fag.
>>
>>68786647

Chris fuck off back to /b/, your blatant underage has been showing this whole thread.
>>
>>68786693
underage ... I am 25. Just becuase I played a normie game you got all fucken mad. Kek your sad.
>>
>>68783206
What went wrong is that Karl left.

For the record, Ricky is the most insufferable, self important cunt. And Steve just feels like he thinks he's funny because he's hanging out with Ricky Gervais and the Ricky Gervais Show and Idiot Abroad has given him enough screen time to consider himself a comedian. He isn't funny, and has one of those faces you just want to sap until your hand is left nothing but a bloody stump.

Karl is the funniest thing Gervais and Merchant ever did, and I think they both know it.
>>
>>68786723

You type like a fucking retard and you seem incapable of basic google, you've ruined this thread with your garbage posting. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>68786873
You ruined the thread with your autism to the max.
>>
>>68786849
*slap

Steve also looks like the kind of guy who cups his farts and sniffs them on the sly. Fuck that unfunny, meercat looking cunt.
>>
>>68783206
In the end, Idiot Abroad is just a show about a rich person complaining that he has to go places and do stuff.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBksa0tocts
>>
File: noonefilestheniles.jpg (36 KB, 420x361) Image search: [Google]
noonefilestheniles.jpg
36 KB, 420x361
>>68783873
Are you thinking of The Perfect Host, with Niles? It sounds right, but that's not British.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.