[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all just agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: i mean fucking seriously.jpg (212 KB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
i mean fucking seriously.jpg
212 KB, 1564x1564
that anyone who liked hateful 8 and actually still thinks tarantino is a legitimate filmmaker and not just a troll to the cinema world is a fucking retard?
>>
>>68782655
Best pleb filter in years. This and Better Call Saul. In case you were wondering, you're the pleb.
>>
>>68782655
Nope
>>
>>68782655
>what is post-modernism?
>>
good thread OP
>>
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>68782655

You cannon convict without evidence OP
>>
>>68782655

This thread is already in the shitter
>>
>>68782700
>>68782733
>>68782759

oh soo you all sat through the cuck scene and the scene where tarantino literally stops the film for twenty minutes to back track and literally tell the audience whats going on just soo he can end the film five minutes later and told yourself this is quality cinema, fucking wow
>>
>>68782759
The burden of proof lies on the proposition, not on the opposition.
>>
>>68783046
It's a good movie. Your problem is that you spend way too much time on /tv/ and only think in terms of patrician and plebian which kind of makes you a huge faggot. You assume that anyone who likes this movie thinks its 10/10
>>
>>68783180

its not directed by james cameron thus it is shit.
>>
TALK THAT SASS NIGGA
>>
Tarantino just looks good compared to all the rest of the garbage.

You have to understand that.

It's not that he stinks. It's that he stinks less.
>>
>>68783180
no I think anyone who can see any amount of enjoyment out of this shit show is a fucking idiot, I mean seriously the motherfucker didn't even shoot slow motion shit in slow motion, he stretched the footage in post and kept the audio glitching like he edited the thing on movie maker, anyone who has ever even attempted filmmaking would see how fucking half assed this film is, but since hateful 8 is made by tarantino and isn't batman v superman my opinion is seen as me trying to be edgy
>>
>>68783046
just because your mom likes black dick doesn't mean you have to take it out on us.
>>
>>68783404
Oh i get it, some black dude made your grandson smoke their pole
>>
>>68783525
>>68783555

says the guys who probably sat there during that scene and said I like this, makes sense
>>
>>68782655
pretencious, Rashomon rip-off, blunt ass movie
even the OST is below average
>>
>>68782655
It's a better flick than Django and IB but that's obviously not an accomplishment for any moviemaker.

Tarantino's are just desperate imitations of old classics in a disjointed, forced incoherent manner of drawing audiences back to a level of compromise with the silver screen that in his vision is lacking in the cinematic moviegoing customs of today; however his movies all but confirm one of the main symptoms of this public's supposed disenterest and even disregard with the medium, which is the lack of originality.

I presume they (QT movies) want to appear original and daring and inovative at the same time, and Tarantino makes them so they resemble the established "respected" movies of the past, borrowing their "aura" for the validation of the inauthenticity. Hacks like Godard did similar farses even back in the 60s. Clearly, he doesn't have any original thoughts left to steal anymore so now he is entering the phase where he, as the autheur of the fraud, sees himself resorting to stealing from his own movies (as evidenced in his latest self-aggrandizing epic, a shameless frankenstein of his earlier success Reseirvoir Dogs and Inglorious Basterds) wrapped up in the same memes, the same clothes of always. Tarantino should've retired after Jackie Brown, his only good movie.
>>
>>68783666
says the guy who sat there and got so buttmad that you finished the movie and came here to rage about. get fucked you cuck
>>
>>68782759
entry level superficial crap?
>>
>>68783715
>Rashomon rip-off

Explain yourself.
>>
>>68783789
says the guys getting mad about a man discussing films on a film discussion board, do you actually care to talk about the movie or are you too busy greasing up Samuel jackson and tarantinos cocks?
>>
>>68783789
You seem upset that someone doesn't share your meme opinion on the meme IMDb moviemaker.

Perhaps you should just stick to r/movies with the other fans of inauthentic frauds and IMDb trendy moviemakers, they are accepting of people like you in there, and they will even be cool with you to upvote your comments if you are nice and agreeable enough. You won't taint my beloved art board with mediocre tastes.
>>
>>68783874
don't need to explain nothing, read the Kurosawa Rashomon plot and you will understand
>>
>>68784057
The similarities are so superficial it's hilarious that you mention it at all.

You are new to thinking.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 667x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 667x720
I heard all that cuck bullshit y'all be slinging ever since it was revealed a white guy sucking Sam L jack off and decided to rent it out of boredom a few days ago

Fucking awesome movie I watched it twice back to back.
Can someone explain why it's hated here? I thought it was great.
>>
>>68783404
Probably bait but it's pretty clear that the slow motion shit was done on purpose
>>
>>68784096
strong bropinion dude
keep cucking
>>
>>68782700
Movie is 10/10 until the coffee gets poisoned then turns into a 6/10
>>
>>68784232
>done on purpose
I guess if you mean it was done on purpose with the sole purpose to show off the fact that tarantino could literally do anything and people will still like it and defend it
>>
>>68782655
including the word troll in your OP is a great way to let everyone know exactly what you're doing.
>>
>>68783971
>inauthentic
stop this meme
taratino is hack but he's an honest hack
>>
He makes very entertaining movies, and Hateful 8 is no exception.

You fellas can put on togas and tell me that Drive or some Hungarian abstract film about emtymology is better but I'd watch this film for days before watching any of your pretentious drivel.
>>
>>68784382
when tarantino actually tries he can make gold, hateful 8 though is soo fucking passionless that its not even good on a technical scale
>>
warm
>>
>>68783971
The movie was good and was an overall success like most of his movies. What about that screams hack?
>>
black
>>
>>68784562

I didn't get that from the film at all.
>>
I think it was too long. There were scenes that dragged on when we knew exactly what was going to happen, as if Tarantino was just masturbating.

The dialogue was repetitive. Same fucking schtick of the person repeating what they said with a different word order/enunciation.

Also felt like the flashback was lazy.

Decent flick though.
>>
>>68782655
anyone who disagrees with me is wrong hahaha lelel XDDDD!!!
>>
WARM
BLACK
DINGUS
>>
>>68784382
Refn is an even worse miserable hack who had the audaciousness of CGI'ing bullet holes on a wall. But THAT doesn't excuse Tarantino. After all, they are from the same breed of IMDb moviemakers who go on making movies with the goal of fueling their inflated egos, and in the process, any sort of decency and self-respect and more importantly respect towards my beloved medium is left aside so they can fulfill their selfish task. What they want is to be known as great maker of movies. And their fans. For me, their fans are just as bad. The Refn and Tarantino fan looks at them as they'd look at a god, they want to be them, they want to be this selfish and heinous about cinema, they want to become one of the cool guys, however, they will never bleed for the medium, like a legitimate defender of cinema would.
>>
Weird flick. I expected tedious and overly talkative self-parody of Reservoir Dogs, a regression of the more visual and ambitious storytelling he has been doing since KB, wasting the 70mm on a handful of characters speaking in a small for three hours, but despite all my apprehensions, the three hours only felt like one hour. It's an empty movie, unlike IB or Django I have no desire to see it again, I really don't get what he was trying to do or why he was doing that, it shouldn't work but somehow it does.
>>
>>68782655
>my opinion is fact
>>
>>68784619
When you make movies with the sole intention of distributing memes in masse you are a hack, but a reject from r/movies won't be able to understand logic, so why should I waste time talking with you? Makes no sense. Kill yourself please.
>>
>>68784950
Wow. That's either some serious passion or serious trolling. I'm not of the opinion that either one are doing any wrong in the medium. If you want to talk about cancer in the world of cinema, look no further than the constant sequels and remakes that have become rampant over the last decade. Even if Tarinto's creations are nothing more than Frankenstein monsters of movies, they still have a certain creative spark within them.
>>
>>68784170
Same. Can't imagine NOT liking this movie.
>>
I love Tarrantino movies. They're so much fun. But this is my least favorite by a long shot. It was long, boring, empty. I can tell what he was going for, but it just doesn't work for me.

I've seen all his movies multiple times but I doubt I'll rewatch this.
>>
>>68785428
I don't spare the reddit. I spend every day watching at least two new films I've never seen before, a new tv show episode, and I may also re-watch an old movie I don't remember well, all while taking care of the board and making sure the meme trendy culture hacks won't get too much undeserved praise around here. It's only my duty to make /tv/ clean of the reddit germs.
>>
>>68784562
Seriously? This was his best in a while.
>>
>>68782655
The ending was pretty good where the sheriff the and the lying nut job teamed up to kill that scheming bitch.
>>
>>68784950

Projections 101:the post
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.