[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 976x549
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>68782244
reminder he just wanted to be a teacher and the horcruxes were just a prank
>>
He couldnt smell very well
>>
>>68782309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRpegk2SY3k
>>
>>68782244
Sexually abused by Dumbledore.

Left him mentally broken.

It's literally implied in the books
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>68782334
>>
>>68782244
Inbreeding
>>
>>68782244
"he wasn't born from real love"
>>
>>68782244
Superiority complex. Think /pol/ if they managed to get their hands on magic.
>>
>>68782346
Holy shit
>>
>>68782346
how did it imply it
>>
>>68782244
His mom raped his dad, so he is incapable of feeling love.
>>
File: 7d6.jpg (43 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
7d6.jpg
43 KB, 512x288
>>68782346
Book, page number, and lines direct from source please.
>>
He was basically a charismatic pol/tard with magic powers.

>muh race mixing
>muh wizard pure blood
>muh horcruxes
>>
being the greatest wizard of all time but incapable of killing a shitty wizard
>>
>>68782692
harry wasnt shitty. but what would have voldemort even done after he killed him. he would have had no more purpose or thrill. trying to kill harry was the most fun anyone could have
>>
>>68782244
He's super powerful and has to live like a fucking house elf hidden away because ruling humanity as a wizard master race is wrong for some reason.
>>
>be a powerful as fuck wizard
>can't kill a babby cause love is apparently strong magic
>all those years being a snobbish scientific asshole and claiming love was nothing but chemical reactions in our body mean nothing cause yeah, love is magic, deal with it you no-nose faggot
>>
>>68782937
>>68783011
Am I the only one who thought Harry was the final horcrux and killing Harry was basically tantamount to suicide?
>>
>>68782664
But he was talented, smart and succesful
>>
>>68783059
you forgot the graveyard scene
voldemort uses harrys blood to come back. and lilys protection is still inside him even if he killed harry which he didnt

1.Lily's protection - When Voldemort transferred Harry's blood into his own to rid Harry of the protection, he unwittingly doubled the protection instead by transferring it into his own body. So as long as his body was alive, Harry could not die because Lily's protection lived. But when the AK curse was thrown, something had to die. So the only living thing that died was the one thing that could die - the bit of horcrux that lived inside Harry. Harry was not saved because of the horcrux. The horcrux dying was a convenient side effect. The interesting part is that AK kills physical bodies, not souls (as far as anyone knows), so I attribute the killing to the complicated nature of Harry and Voldemort's relationship, and the power of the Elder Wand.
2. The Elder Wand - Voldemort cast the curse with the Elder Wand, whose true owner at the time was Harry. The wand refused to kill its rightful owner. I do not believe that Harry didn't die because he was the rightful owner of all the three Hallows. The one who owns all three Hallows is the true Master of Death - but it has been clarified both in the books and by Rowling that the master of death is someone who embraces death and isn't afraid to die. The Hallows don't make you immortal, they just make you unafraid of dying.
>>
>When /pol/ gets magic
Make sense that Voldemort was pathetic enough to get beat by A kid whose talent came from the fact that he tried to kill him in the first place, a mudblood and a ginger.
>>
arry's choice - Harry woke up alive after he chose to stay alive instead of dying. We could think of this in terms of souls. When Harry was hit with the first AK, it rebounded, and destroyed Voldemort's physical body. His soul split, and one part had to escape his body and latch on to something else (Harry). Similarly, the second AK too detached the soul from the person it was cast on - Harry. His soul was led to limbo, where he had the conversation with Dumbledore. The baby-like thing could very well have been the horcrux that had been inside Harry. Harry's limbo was platform 9 and 3/4 because that, to Harry, is the meeting point of his muggle world and magical world. There, he was offered a choice between life and death, and he chose life to come back and save the people he loved.
>>
>>68783293
meant for >>68783260

3.Harrys choice
>>
>>68783293
>>68783327
Dumbledore'e explanation about the turn of events point to the first and third points, as I believe he wasn't aware of the second one. It was probably the only major thing Harry actually figured out on his own.

https://www.quora.com/Why-didnt-Harry-Potter-die-at-the-end-of-the-7th-book
>>
bump
>>
a dump
>>
>>68782244
He's fucking noseless. I'd be pissed too. The dude probably gets no pussy and constantly has snot running down his nose into his mouth. Bugs and other shit keep getting stuck in his nasty nasal cavity too. His threads look pretty beat. He could also use a little sun. Probably vitamin D deficient.
>>
>>68782346
No way JK would imply something this delicate and nuanced in her shitty book series for kids. Especially since she is a lefty shill that would never have a gay character be anything but a saint.
>>
>>68782244
Bad parents. His parents messed up entirely.
>>
>>68785825
To me, the background story of Dumbledore's family is a whole lot more interesting than the whole book itself, what with Rowling's revelation of Albus' homosexuality.

But Ariana Dumbledore, his sister...
Does anyone else believe she was raped?

In the book, she's perfectly healthy until the day when muggle children caught her doing magic. Something happened, and it left her traumatized. This in turn made Dumbledore's father to exact revenge on these children.

This is such a pivotal arch in Dumbledore's story-- yet, it's so ambigious too. What in the heck happened to Ariana?

Here's the passage in question:
"When my sister [Ariana Dumbledore's sister] was six years old, she was attacked, set upon, by three muggle boys. They'd seen her doing magic, spying through the back garden hedge: She was a kid, she couldn't control it, no with or wizard can at that age. What they saw scared them, I expect, They forced their way through the hedge, and when she couldn't show them the trick, they got a bit carried away tyring to stop the freak doing it."

Here's the other:
"This destroyed her...she was never right again...she wouldn't use magic, but she couldn't get rid of it; it turned inward and drove her mad, it exploded out of her when she couldn't control it, and at times she was strange and dangerous. But mostly she was sweet and scared and harmless."

To me, these are symptoms of a rape victim: inner turmoil... the need to repress... trauma... and, in extreme terms, the loss of a voice and personality.

I think it's very possible, but the only reason Rowlings never overtly stated it maybe due to the nature of her book: Harry Potter is supposedly a children's book series.

Yet-- she's revealed rather mature topics in interviews certain small but important details such as Dumbledore's fabulousness.
>>
>>68786016
(cont)Ariana was doing magic, and the boys found her. They got scared and started to harrass her, until it lead into a rape... perhaps with found objects, because when children rape... they usually use objects for penetration.

This made Ariana so traumatized that she lost the ability to speak and she eventually became a vegetable.

This made Albus' father so upset that he either maimed or killed the boys, which results in his lost of freedom. The mother, who had no other choice, had to hide her or lose her to the state.

When Dumbledore fights with Grindelwald, she sees the fight. The fighting triggers her supressed memories and she has this emotional outburst, which in turns results in her accidental death.
>>
>>68786061
(cont) Yes, she was raped. But not by the muggles. It was Albus, he did it, he ravished her, over and over again. It drove the poor girl nuts. And then he became a teacher, to get close to the children. He taught Michael Jackson everything he knows.
Obvioulsy Dumbledore also raped Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, Ron and many many others.
I also feel that this rape is what made poor Tom Riddle go insane and that's why he hated Dumbledore so much.
It all makes sense to me now
>>
>tfw they will never expand the story into something more mature
>>
>>68782244
Being a kid that was at the PERFECT age and totally immersed (11 years old when the first book came out) I was always confused by his motivations.

Was he just one of those totally unhappy people who just wants everyone else to be unhappy? Okay, when we meet him he's going after Harry because not only is he the "one who got away" but also there's a prophecy that Harry will fuck his shit up. But why did Voldemort fuck shit up before that? A bit more background on him would be pretty cool, desu senpai.
>>
File: halfbloodprince388.jpg (95 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
halfbloodprince388.jpg
95 KB, 1280x534
>>68786218
the films were mature enough for what the characters went through
>>
>>68786293
He loves magic more than anything and hates muggles because of his muggle dad abandoning his mom and his miserable life in a muggle orphanage, so he is a hardcore wizard supremacist.
>>
File: 51.jpg (55 KB, 1200x510) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
55 KB, 1200x510
Remember when voldemort raped and enchanted those kids in the cave? that shit got dark
>>
will we ever get a fantasy series like this again?
>>
File: 88848517.jpg (176 KB, 594x488) Image search: [Google]
88848517.jpg
176 KB, 594x488
dracohermione>>>>>>>
>>
>>68786453
I never got why he was such a known scourge in the wizarding world, but no one knew shit in the muggle world.

When he came back Rowling was good about having the world leaders know about him and the threat, but there was no WWII type history of him outside wizards.

I totally get your point, though. He's like Hitler with magic, basically, except Hitler actually had some (somewhat) practical plans for the future of humanity and actually cared for the continuation of the species, I don't get that feeling with Voldemort.
>>
>>68786574
They're trying to revive it, but it will never be the same. They'll make a ton of money on the new spin-off, though, so we'll probably get an alternate series.

I wish we'd get more background on Dumbledore (who is supposed to be like 150 years old so there's some good stories in there) and Grindlewald or whatever his nemesis' name was. Some filler on Voldemort in his down years wouldn't be too bad, either.

This is coming from a die-hard fan, though, so they'll never do this shit.
>>
>>68786753
hes like a nuanced hitler. fear ends up making the brazilian minsitry go even more totalitarian
>>
>>68782244
He was in a shitty movie series meant for retarded children that people only pretend to still like because muh nostalgia.
>>
>>68786928
>shitty movie series
mate do you even watch movies, its leagues better than all this other shit
>>
He was a product of rape, which according to super politically correct JK Rowling somehow made him born evil even though he had literally no say in his conception.

Funny how no one ever realizes how fucked up that is.
>>
>>68782244
He wanted to be balls deep in his mother. Filthy mud blood bitch
>>
>>68786576
>Draco and Hermione confirmed for best couple
>that old as fuck ginny
>that fat fuck on the right
Who is she?
>>
>its a bad guy has to look like monster mash so you know he's the bad guy episode

Why do writers do this its so fucking arbitrary and uninteresting reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>68786753
>but no one knew shit in the muggle world.
It's the problem with creating stories about secret underground worlds, no matter how much real shit gets in the end they have to make sure that normies never find out about it.

>practical plans for the future of humanity and actually cared for the continuation of the species

His long term plan was to get wizards out of hiding but Rowling mostly focused on how he wanted to wipe out mudbloods.
>>
>>68787447
Girl who played Lavender, Ron's gf in the sixth movie.
>>
>>68787447
lavender brown
>>
>>68787729
>>
>>68787804
>>
>>68782244
Aside from being a shitty character in a shitty book adaptation? I wouldn't be able to tell you, Ive watched the first one till the letters blew everywhere and brought it back to the store for a refund
>>
>>68787496
Because if Voldemort had kept his human looks then Harry would have a boner every time they fought. He can't keep mentioing how good looking young Voldemort is in the sixth book.
>>
>>68787897
jokes of you they get much better
>>
>>68787447
you just know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuCLPbXZGQo
>>
>>68786016
JK probably did intend this tbqh but to me its retarded

How does seeing magic -> scared muggles -> rape in any sane person's mind, even young people? Sure are a lot of child psychopaths running around Rowling's Britain...

Of course, libtards do genuinely believe that "rape has nothing to do with sex, just power" so when you remove the need for arousal and attraction in the situation, every altercation between a girl and a boy is kindling for a rape. Apparently guys just pop a stiffy every time a girl gives them the jeebies and they immediately jump to rape as the solution?

And Rowling really was coming into her SJWishness when she was writing DH so it all does make sense....

But in my mind they just beat the shit out of her, which is traumatic enough for a young person in itself. God, I miss the days of Goosebumps books when rape wasn't at the forefront of everybody's mind so bullies in books would just beat the shit out of their female victims as if they were guys. No "uh oh her tormentor is a boy and she's a girl so this needs to be sexual, not just violent abuse" trope to suck every drop of fun out of the story.
>>
>>68788505
they do look cute together
>>
File: emma tom dramione.png (55 KB, 320x274) Image search: [Google]
emma tom dramione.png
55 KB, 320x274
>>68788876
>>
>>68789177
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (44 KB, 497x536) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
44 KB, 497x536
>>68789236
>>
>>68789261
>>
File: tCshggl.png (294 KB, 580x628) Image search: [Google]
tCshggl.png
294 KB, 580x628
Fuck JK Rowling, she triggers me so much by how much she tries to stay relevant
>>
File: 1461711768034.jpg (52 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
1461711768034.jpg
52 KB, 500x665
>>68789359
she cant change history
>>
Is Wizard People,Dear Reader the best audiobook to come from this medium?
>>
>>68789359
'white face' meant that she was scared.
read into the context nigga
>>
File: dem feels.gif (513 KB, 420x177) Image search: [Google]
dem feels.gif
513 KB, 420x177
>>68789177
>>68789236
>>68789261
>>68789301
Post trigger warnings next time you fuck
>>
File: mabf1iL1y1qg8jwto1_500.gif (500 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
mabf1iL1y1qg8jwto1_500.gif
500 KB, 500x253
>purebloods BTFO
>>
>>68789696
Even their leader wasn't pureblood
>>
>>68789595
freckles, brown/blond hair?

niggers have black hair
>>
File: hitler.jpg (21 KB, 236x434) Image search: [Google]
hitler.jpg
21 KB, 236x434
>>68789753
Sounds familiar
>>
>>68786576
Personally I'd rather have Harry and Hermione fug
>>
>>68782244
He-Who-Must-Have-No-Nose
>>
>>68783216
You consider getting killed by a baby then killed again by a speccy teen successful?
>>
>>68789880
The director and actors admitted they had more than just friendship and could have acted on it bc they wanted to be intimate

this scene is what made Rowling change her mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.