[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Nolan's films beloved while Synder gets a ton of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: nolan-synder.jpe.jpg (378 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
nolan-synder.jpe.jpg
378 KB, 612x380
Why are Nolan's films beloved while Synder gets a ton of shit for his flicks?
>>
>>68780583
Because Snyder is garbage.
Nolan is decent.
>>
>>68780583
Nolan makes pop philosophy where characters speak in perfect to digest soundbites so that anyone in the audience feel like they are smart for "getting it"

Snyder movies actually require a viewer to critically think through the film, parse the dialog, visuals and symbology in order to grasp the full philosophical implications.

tldr: Nolan is simple and accessible, Snyder requires an effort on the part of the viewer
>>
>>68780583

Mostly being edgy.

Tv is retarded, but great lulz tho.
>>
>>68780720
>Snyder is deep and insightful

This is the best meme /tv/ has ever come up with. I crack up every time I read it.

Seriously, 10/10
>>
Is Nolan a little autistic?
>>
>>68780720
So true. Remember when synder had complete artistic control as writer, director and producer of his own movie.

Suckerpunch was such a masterpiece.
>>
File: usa.webm (3 MB, 1129x731) Image search: [Google]
usa.webm
3 MB, 1129x731
>>68780583
cos nolan is actually good?
>>
>>68780583
>Snyder is a manlet

Suddenly the DCuck mentality makes so much sense.
>>
Nolan makes kino
snyder makes flicks
>>
>>68781065
Yeah, Sucker Punch was an Inception that dared to dream a little bigger....darling
>>
>>68780988
It's not a meme. There's a reason that Zack Snyder is hailed as one of the best auteurs of the 21st century.
>>
>>68780583
>nolan

Makes movies about really simple ideas in ways that stupid people think is really complex and it makes them feel smart. Combined with using increasingly louder and louder scores to trick stupid people into thinking something epic is happening just because it's really really loud.

>snyder

Action movie guy who takes simple ideas and doesn't translate them to audiences so they don't even feel smart or get any sense of 'so deep' watching it. Often uses cheesy techniques in some kind of ironic hipster way but just comes across as cheesy.
>>
File: superman-bald.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
superman-bald.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>68780583
>Why are Stanley Kubrick's films beloved while Michael Bay gets a ton of shit for his flicks?
>>
>>68781172
Keep it going man and I wish you the best. If you can get this meme to reach critical mass and have the media repeat it my grandkids may one day ask me about the Snyder.
>>
>>68780583
Nolan is not a ugly dumb manlet like Snyder

Snyder is Michael Bay's retarded cousin
>>
>>68781172
You're going to catch a whole lot of fish with that bait, my man. Keep on keeping on
>>
>>68781172
>>68781500
This. The memesters on this board have managed to convince a surprisingly large amount of people that Zack Snyder is a good director. Impressive dedication desu.
>>
File: lulz.jpg (38 KB, 345x343) Image search: [Google]
lulz.jpg
38 KB, 345x343
>>68780720
>Snyder movies actually require a viewer to critically think through the film, parse the dialog, visuals and symbology in order to
grasp the full philosophical implications.

LOL yeah! Sucker Punch and 300 are the greatest philosophical masterpieces of the century
>>
>>68781647
It's a testament to the utter idiocy of newfags and capeshit fans. They're cinematic experience is so minimal that they've been convinced by memes and bait that Snyder has talent. It's a little worrying how susceptible to persuasion they are.
>>
>>68780583
I dunno, they both have shitty scripts, both have shitty cinematography, but Snyder isn't up his own ass enough to completely forgoe CGI even if it results in shitty action sequences.

Could do without either of them.
>>
>>68781375
Holy shit this.
>>
>>68781767
Welcome to the average person.
>>
>>68781767
OR
they're not being sincere... ON THE INTERNET
imagine!!!!
>>
>>68780583
Nolan focuses on characters and "deep" storylines. But keeps a balance with good shots too.

Snyder focuses on photography and action. The plot and characters are absolutely forgotten.
>>
>>68781828
The mental requirements for insincerity are greater than sincerity.
>>
The only difference between Snyder and Michael Bay is an Instagram filter.
>>
>>68781828
They're either geniuses posing as the most convincing retards on 4chan or just retards. I'd say the latter is more likely
>>
>>68781992
And Michael Bay doesn't have hamfisted pseudo philosophical symbolism.
>>
>>68782071
or maybe you aren't as smart as you think you are

I'd say that's the more likely option
I would completely understand if you disagreed, in fact it would reaffirm my own theory.
>>
>>68781849
>focuses on photography and action
one of wich he can't even do properly.
>>
>>68782239
>two of which he can't even do properly.

Fixed.
I don't understand why people say his visuals are when it's the same boring shit over and over.
>>
>>68782190
I'm not sure what that has to do with people claiming Snyder is a genius. Anyone with half a brain would agree that they're wrong.
>>
>>68782419
People with half a brain can't form a coherent thought, so if they agree that Zack isn't a genius, then he IS a genius
>>
>>68782469
Let's just agree that Snyder's a hack
>>
after inception talking about nolan was a way to signal one's own intelligence, something that's waning because of some of the things brought up in this thread already. i experienced this myself with all the times people would be like "did you get it???? dream in a dream in a dream!!!" yeah bro, the movie reminded us every chance it got. it's somewhat shifting and being critical of nolan is now happening more but it hasn't reached wide culture yet.

snyder gets shit because it feels good to shit on him, and the social trend has already picked up enough steam to work against him. although, i've only seen three of his movies so i can't really talk about his work other than noticing use of color, slow mo, close ups. generally i'd trust snyder over anyone i've spoken to who hates him but yeah that doesn't necessarily mean much
>>
I haven't seen MoS or BvS, but I've seen most of Snyder's other work and the impression I always get after watching them is that everything feels really slick and polished but ultimately passionless.

I just don't feel like Snyder loves making movies the way some other directors do, like it's just a well paying job to him. I think it really carries over most notably in the performances, most everybody in a Snyder movie is either hamming it up or phoning it in, but they don't ever seem all that into it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.