[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Whaaaah, white washing is so bad! It's racist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15
File: Reketta.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Reketta.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>"Whaaaah, white washing is so bad! It's racist!!!"
>"Asians don't like this! It's insulting!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

Do leftists even realize that non-whites in their own countries literally don't give a shit about this, and actually prefer it?

>"What do you think about her being played by Scarlett?"
>"I think this is better than hiring a Japanese actress. It's an anime. It will look more anime-ish if the actors aren't Japanese"
>>
what does this have to do with leftists.
>>
>>68775083
What doesn't *LEFTIST BUZZWORD* have to do with leftists?
>>
>>68775083
dude everything is about politics now and if you don't choose my side you will literally trigger me
>>
>>68775054
>it's another /pol/ vs. SJW thread

Kill yourself.
>>
>>68775134
what
>>68775152
i'm sorry
>>
>>68775054
>durr what is false consciousness?
>>
>it's another /pol/ vs. SJW thread
/pol/ always wins so I'm okay with this.
>>
>>68775207
Can you not read?
>>
>>68775054
Gas yourself, cuck.
>>
>>68775054
>subtly saying white people look like cartoons for children
>>
>>68775174
It's a discussion about "whitewashing" in film and television, you can fuck off if you don't like it. Faggot.

>>68775282
>sjws not realizing Japanese animation is heavily influenced by Western culture and people
>>
>>68775351
What is there to discuss?
>>
File: btfo.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>68775419
What isn't there to discuss? We live in a time where a white person being the lead in nearly any form of media is considered racist because it's not equal representation, but the current thread is about clueless SJWs complaining about whitewashing in Japanese anime when Japanese characters in anime are always western styled, and everyone BUT the sjws know it so they scream racism.
>>
>>68775054
We have so many threads about this a day, I'm pretty sure /tv/ is the only one who cares at this point. I don't see why it's an issue now rather than when we found out about Scarjo playing her several months ago.
>>
lol a /tv/ poster already rebuffed this video definitively

guess you had to post this again to pretend you didn't get btfo
>>
>>68775516
>but the current thread is about clueless SJWs complaining
Literally where
>>
why do asian americans have so many complexes that asians don't? how do we fix them, /tv/?
>>
>>68775640
The Internet.
>>
>>68775516
Okay, so why do you care if SJWs think its racist if they're the only ones who care? Just ignore them. The studio is using a white actress/actor, dozens of movies coming out this year will feature white actors, and only SJWs will care. So why should you care? You're just making yourself mad reading into all of this political shit.
>>
File: 1461434728556.jpg (470 KB, 1659x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461434728556.jpg
470 KB, 1659x1080
As a white American, allow me to explain why they're wrong...
>>
>>68775676
Why wouldn't somebody care about something like this, especially as a white person?

SJWs don't live in giant echo chambers suited for them, they live with us and have a lot of power and that's what people don't realize. These insane retards can actually change things.

It's not just SJWs who cares, anybody who hates white people care, and that a problem. You might not see the bigger picture here but I'd like to think I do. This is going to get worse and worse, the BBC just announced guidelines to have "one in every six BBC stars to be homosexual or disabled."

Think about this.
>>
scarjo is a kike
kikes run hollywood

somehow white people are to blame for this
>>
>>68775054
>Do leftists even realize

If you have to ask this, the answer is no.
>>
Weeabs don't realize anime characters look more white than nip
>>
>>68775640
Literally here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6fyrk4Z54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtlC3L8OQ0
>>
>>68775672
>but the current thread
I'm more concerned about the manufactured anger
>thread isn't full of butthurt for once
>WELL LOOK AT ALL THESE ANGRY PEOLE: _________
>>
>>68775937
I feel like I shouldn't have to explain to you how search engines work. You can find all of these angry people for yourself by searching "ghost in the shell whitewash" on Google.

>manufactured anger

I didn't say the angry people are in this thread, except people in this thread are probably angry for the opposite reason.
>>
>>68775923
fucking cancer, Japanese are ok with this and happy more people will learn about ghost in the shell

these far left liberal freaks are a damn cancer
>>
>>68775516
>We live in a time where a white person being the lead in nearly any form of media is considered racist
Fuck off with your self victimizing identity politics faggotry.
>>
>>68776254
Sorry you're completely oblivious to the world around you but this has been brewing for decades.
>>
>>68776319
White people are the lead actors in most movies. So some blacks and college liberals are butthurt about that. What are they gonna do, pass laws that make it illegal for white men to star in films? Seriously kid, your sjw obsession is starting to rot your brain.
>>
>>68776445
>What are they gonna do, pass laws that make it illegal for white men to star in films?

Private industries aren't regulated by the government you fucking half wit, what are you talking about laws for? They can do whatever they want and are doing whatever they want.

Did you miss the part when I mentioned that by 2020 the BBC wants ONE SIXTH of their stars to be gay or crippled? What does that spell to you? You have no idea what you're fucking talking about and seem extremely confused for a good portion of this thread. Good job, dipshit.
>>
>>68776639
>dat emotional meltdown
Yeah, you need some time away from the computer. If your biggest problem is seeing queers and cripples on TV, then you live an extremely sheltered easy life.
>>
>>68775683
there are some people in the comments saying things like that, it´s sad
>>
Cherry-picking really seems to be the dominant theme with the white supremacists desperately making threads about this 24/7. Then again white supremacists are not exactly known for their stellar intellect.
>>
>>68776639
>Did you miss the part when I mentioned that by 2020 the BBC wants ONE SIXTH of their stars to be gay or crippled?

So?
>>
>>68776797
You're cute.

If you think gay cripples make up 1/6th of the population you're thought process might be a little biased since it seems you yourself are a homosexual paraplegic. No wonder you see nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: dLfPsSw.png (346 KB, 786x438) Image search: [Google]
dLfPsSw.png
346 KB, 786x438
>>68777031
>So?

Yeah so what, amiright? More diversity is best diversity.
>>
>>68777051
>If you think gay cripples make up 1/6th of the population
Where did I say that? Are you on drugs or something?
>>
>>68775923
>anna-may
>man-gaw
someone kill that stupid nigger weeb cunt pls
>>
>>68777118
If that's not the case why wouldn't you care about 1/6th of them being gay cripples?

It seems like your only argument is "So what? You're delusional." when I'm telling you so what.
>>
>>68776639
>>68777051
>>68777085
Imagine being this upset about seeing movie characters that don't look like you.
>>
>>68777228
>Who cares about disproportionate demographics? You're just being a delusional CIS white male shitlord.

It's been fun man, take care.
>>
>>68777296
>Who cares about disproportionate demographics?
Why would I? I'm not an sjw.
>You're just being a delusional CIS white male shitlord.
Epic strawman, nutcase. Have fun foaming at the mouth.
>>
spam all this viral shit you want the stupid things still going to bomb.
>>
>>68777407
Like I said, take care.
>>
asian countires have a big enough cinema culture on their own.

I understand when black people complain about whitewashing, but not asians, they can't act for shit anyway
>>
>>68777031
Go prep Ahmed, Britcuck.
>>
>>68777296
you could die tomorrow and noone would notic.
>>
>>68777613
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68777562
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68777531
Blacks have their own film culture and organizations too. A ton of blacks films are produced. The difference is merely the budget but you can literally say the same thing about asian films.
Chinese and nip films don't have any production to them either yet it would be stupid to say that we need to supplement their movie culture.

Sure, if all you care about is budget and main roles you can be upset as black viewer. But blacks have a disproportionate amount films made for them anyway.
Hell blacks have a whole movie culture of shitty parody movies. I just seen The black purge last week.
>>
>>68777531
>I understand when black people complain about whitewashing
Why don't you go back to hating white people on your reddit blog then, cuck?
>>
>>68776639
>watching BBC
Found your problem.
>>
>>68775260
Being anti-SJW isn't exclusively /pol/.
>>
Why would it matter what the Japanese think about it when that's not the issue? The issue is that it's a Japanese-American, or Asian-American, actor being replaced and having a potential role stolen.
>>
>>68775809
It's LITERALLY white genocide.
>>
>>68778656
>The issue is that it's a Japanese-American, or Asian-American, actor being replaced and having a potential role stolen.
But are there any good enough actors for a lead role here?

Guys who make these movies think about a lot more than whether or not the characters look the same as the actors you know
>>
>>68775054
It is bad you fucking retard.

Have you ever considered the perspective of the people being interviewed?

They live in a country where 98.5% of the population is Japanese. They aren't marginalized at all.

The US is supposed to be a heterogeneous nation but there is very little representation for Black and Asian actors/actresses. This is an Asian American problem and not a Japanese problem.
>>
>>68775054
Why do you people care about this? On both sides. I have loved GitS since the original manga and I couldn't give less of a fuck about the mvoie or who's casted, it's the least of the movie's problems. Nothing good have come out of the gitS franchise since SAC almost 10 years ago.
>>
File: 7nFWCj8.jpg (168 KB, 972x1296) Image search: [Google]
7nFWCj8.jpg
168 KB, 972x1296
>>68782287
>I don't care as long as the best person gets the job.
>Black guy gets the role for the flaming torch
>M-MUH GLORIOUS WHITE RACE
>>
>>68782358
I didn't care about that either since the movie would suck anyway and I don't give a shit about capecomics.
>>
>>68782358

That shit was dumb though, mostly because they didn't make Sue black too.

Pic is who it should have been.
>>
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there is a chart somewhere detailing how Hollywood casting is completely representative of the percentages of races in USA. Anyone have it?
>>
>>68782207

What percentage of Asians do you think should be on TV / film?
>>
>>68782358
Who are you quoting?
>>
>Interviews 7 people
>most of those 7 actually acknowledge that aspects of it are unfair
>drrrrr no1 curr abut whitewashing, cuck cuck cuck t. ARE YOU LE KIDDING ME
Google "population of japan" and go away.
>>
So, Scarlet can be in ghost in the shell.

You guys also think it is great for James Bond to be black too.
>>
File: attack-on-titan.jpg (166 KB, 630x394) Image search: [Google]
attack-on-titan.jpg
166 KB, 630x394
>>68775054

Why was no one angry that the cast of Attack on Titan was portrayed by Asians and not Germanic whites like they were in the anime? (Except Mikasa of course)

It's like America only exists to these people. Who are the racists again?
>>
>>68780977
>But are there any good enough actors for a lead role here?

Johansson isn't a good actress. There are many talented Asian actresses, but the problem is exposure and opportunity.

No opportunities for Asian actresses because hollywood isn't casting them in anything.
>>
>>68783058
Japan prides itself as a homogeneous nation.
America prides itself as a heterogeneous nation.
>>
>>68782970

As long as he ain't going undercover in Russia.

I mean, If a black Bond went undercover in Kenya or Zimbabwe. I could see it working

Ok, there will be less class and sexy woman but It would still work
>>
>>68776085

Except it's far more common for right wingers to be compared with Nazis by the left, so what the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>68783101

Isn't that because the population of Asians in America is much smaller than whites?
>>
>>68783124

So why aren't the angry morons going after Japan for being 'racist' rather than the more accepting American market?
>>
I wish I was born in 2100. Whites need to hurry up and become a minority already. Literally every hispanic role plays up to hispanic stereotypes and I'm sick of this shit.
>>
>>68783058
Some people were angry but that's not even a good comparison anyway. Japan isn't America. Japan is 99.9% Japanese and doesn't have a white population from which to draw potential actors. The United States does have a significant enough Asian population that finding Asian actors shouldn't be a problem.
>>
hey, why are we not annoyed that this shit is being pointlessly remade instead?

Who fucking cares who is playing who? I mean, no one complained when Jodie Foster played the main character in the Ring remake
>>
>>68783148
The US is 5% Asian I think. The state where Hollywood is located, California, is 15% Asian.
>>
>>68783211
See
>>68782788
>>68782736

It doesn't need to be said again. Casting has proven to be accurate of the Asian population in USA. Yet you keep conveniently ignoring that.
>>
>>68783211

Have you seen asian parents tough. As someone with an Asian mother, no fucking way way she would let me do something shit like acting

She wants me to be a doctor or some shit
>>
>>68783058
1. Because nobody cares about it
2. Because Japan doesn't even believe anyone but themselves care
3. It wasn't released outside of Japan
4. Japan has a small as fuck pool of non-Japanese actors, and most, if not all, can't past for teenagers
>>
>>68783277

But, it's 5% in USA. It seems like, based on that, it's pretty representative - but if someone has the charts on these, it'd be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>68783179
Oh, Japan is racist, sure, but they don't have non-Japanese actors, would you blame them for not being able to get non-Japanese actors?
>>
>>68783370
>only 5%
wtf
>only 12.3% blacks
anyone else thought minority groups would be much larger than this?
>>
>>68783256
The Ring was a remake set in America, everything was altered with that in mind. This movie is keeping the setting and the character's original Japanese name.
>>
>>68775134
>tumblr activism
>Marx
>Lenin
I fail to see the relationship
>>
>>68783416

I did. And I was on the SJW's side until I saw the basic numbers. Which everyone in this thread is ignoring, as always.

TV / film still stereotypes race and ethnicity (a lot) but you can't say casting percentages aren't representative of minorities.
>>
>>68775083
the people who promote this behaviour are leftists aka empathetic vaginas
>>
>>68783058
There actually are those complaints. They are in Japanese though.
>>
you racists are keeping america from becoming truly progressive.
don't think we forgot when you protested boyega being a lead character for star wars.
>>
>>68783423
Well, that's dumb. GitS is a fairly generic cyberpunk world that doesn't really require Japanese cultural influence to work.
>>
>>68783124
>Americans look up to Japan and dream about being homogenous
>Japnese look up to America and dream about being diversified
>>
>>68783541

People praised the shit out of Boyega, wtf are you talking about. He's America's hero of the month
>>
>>68783587
Japan dreams about no such thing. The 2014 government poll revealed that 84% of Japanese wanted less foreigners.

It's sad that they're willing to accept potential extinction when they could follow in the footsteps of Germany and the rest of Europe and import millions of skilled foreigners.
>>
It's retarded for sure, only complete autists care about the race of someone in a work of fiction.

But let's not forget the black stromtrooper causing a meltdown among people on here and other alt-right places, so it goes both ways.
>>
https://m.hkgalden.com/view/251483/page/2
>Attack on Titans trailer is criticized for having too much brown haired people
>>
>>68783661
true
Japan is going to become the Portugal of Asia in our lifetime
sad
>>
>>68783686

Wasn't that because JJ made a huge song and dance about diversity in Star Wars?

When it would have been more admirable to simply cast an even ratio of races and not make a huge fuss about it?
>>
>>68783661
If they are going to import they will import Asians.
>>
Just a reminder, ScarJo has the herpe

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-shocking/15-hot-celebrities-you-dont-want-to-sleep-with/3/
>>
>>68776085
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>68783661
10/10 you made me respond.
>>
>>68775054
meanwhile 9001 threads have aspies complaining when the opposite happens
>>
What I don't get is how finn in star wars is white but gets cast as a black man, even when he's white in canon. Leftists have an outrage even when scarjo suits it better.
>>
>>68784524
Stormtroopers have no set race. The reason why it was a big win was because it was the first time an unspecified race didn't default to "white".

GITS is a problem because it's a Japanese woman with a Japanese name in Japan being cast by a white actor. We could have had Rinko Kikuchi, Lucy Liu, etc. but they chose a white actress and used computers to make her look asian.

That's almost as outrageous as yellowface in Cloud Atlas.
>>
>>68775174
>anyone who laughs at this shit is /pol/
fat women arent welcome here.
>>
>>68784590
>Stormtroopers have no set race. The reason why it was a big win was because it was the first time an unspecified race didn't default to "white".
I want normies to fucking die, Finn isn't the first black stormtrooper
>>
File: 1460560901143.gif (4 MB, 158x223) Image search: [Google]
1460560901143.gif
4 MB, 158x223
>>68775174
>It's another leftist faggot who tells others to kill themselves, but if a straight CIS male did the same, it would be "problematic"

Your kind are a disease on the very foundation of modern man. The day of the rope can't come too soon.
>>
>>68783820

That's a chicken or the egg scenario, I remember there being criticism of casting a black person as a stormtrooper on here from the moment the actor was said to be in the movie, many months before any kind of remark by JJ Abrams.
>>
File: Kingofthieves107.jpg (44 KB, 960x536) Image search: [Google]
Kingofthieves107.jpg
44 KB, 960x536
>>68782207
>The US is supposed to be a heterogeneous nation

Says who? It was founded and developed by white people. Minorities were only ever used for menial tasks, but the actual foundations and framework was created by whites.

America, Australia, Canada, and the other British colonies are white. It's just under circumstance of labor deficiency that we've opened the door to non-whites. Doesn't make those countries "heterogeneous", it makes them shared.

I, as a white straight man, owe nothing to anybody of any other race, nor am I required to change either my own, or my people's ways, to suit the ways of others. If you can't deal with this, then go back to your people's country.
>>
>>68785270
>founded
It was already found. All white people did was displace its native inhabitants.
>>
>>68785514
>Displacement meme

You may as well claim that mammals stole the land from ants, who stole the land from amoeba.
>>
>>68785514
>7s have anything resembling a nation state at all.

Try again.
>>
i don't give a shit what japanese people in japan think, i'm insulted that a movie studio thinks i won't go see an adaptation of an anime about a character with a japanese name, who lives in japan, unless that person is white

it's an anime, its exotic japaneseness is an intrinsic part of the appeal of the property and if the studio can't get such a basic part of the adaptation right why should I have any faith in the rest of their decisions?
>>
>>68786467
Except she was originally a he, and the body he inhabits can change on whim.

Considering the mass-produced artificial bodies in the lore are all Caucasian, it actually makes more sense than not that he is now white.
>>
File: 1439181310961.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1439181310961.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
>complain about white washing
>actress is jewish
>>
File: hollywood.jpg (68 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
hollywood.jpg
68 KB, 1024x577
>>68782207

Bullshit.
>>
>>68785514

>founded
>found

This is how fucking retarded libcucks are.
>>
>>68786758
>being Jewish
>means you are not white
Well I mean its 4chins I guess. Wouldn't expect much else.
>>
I'm a white person with a Japanese name who lived in Japan. Ask me anything.
>>
>>68787699
Coke or pepsi?
>>
>>68787362
Jews are Middle Eastern, like Arabs. They're shitskins.
>>
>>68786881

#OscarsSoJewish
>>
>>68787750
they're literally asians.
>>
File: image.png (289 KB, 5789x2614) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289 KB, 5789x2614
>>68775455
That guy was right
>>
>>68783483
Easy. The modern social justice movement is a delayed-action memetic weapon created by the KGB in the 1960s to destroy western civilisation.
>convince dumb boomer students that their societies are evil
>convince dumb boomer students to infiltrate universities (the "Long March through the institutions".
>When said boomers reach adulthood they will be in control of the universities and inculcate in present-day students a sense of injustice and victimhood
>???
>Profit
The only problem is that the USSR itself collapsed before it could reap the fruits of victory. Instead of a second world expanding into a collapsing first world we're more likely to wind up with yurp and murrika simply disintegrating along political and/or racial lines.
>>
OK this is what i don't get, so i was having coffee with a friend a few weeks back

>(me) have you heard they are making a dark tower movie?

>(friend) Yeah and Idris Elba is playing Roland! i think its great they are casting an actor based on their acting ability and not on there skin colour

two days ago i get coffee with the same friend

>(me) did you hear that Scarlett Johansson is playing the lead in the ghost in the shell movie!

>(friend) yeah its just awful that they are whitewashing, ITS ANIME! she should be played by a Japanese actress!

NIGGA WHAT!
make your god damn mind up
>>
File: wheres m night shyamalan.jpg (1 MB, 980x2035) Image search: [Google]
wheres m night shyamalan.jpg
1 MB, 980x2035
>>
>>68790736
A "white" role going to a minority is not quite the same as a role being taken from a minority, particularly a minority that very rarely gets cast in a lead role for a movie, and given to a white actor. Especially when that role is in a movie that takes place in a setting where it makes sense to cast an Asian actor. And Idris Elba is a good actor, while Scarlet Johanson is not.
>>
>>68775054
it ain't that she's white. it's that she can't fight and is a terrible actress. She doesn't fit the part and nobody currently in Hollywood could fit the part. This live action of Ghost in the Shell would be better off not being made.
>>
>>68775083
lmao look at this cuck
what a cuck
cuck
>>
>>68790736
Scarlett Johansson doesn't have much acting ability
>>
>>68791538
>A "white" role going to a minority is not quite the same as a role being taken from a minority

it's exactly the same actually, its either race doesn't matter in casting or it does matter , you don't get to pick and choose, if a black guy can play a white character then a white woman can play an Asian character, and vise versa

>>68791765
i agree, however my friend wasn't concerned about that at all, he was focused completely on the "whitewashing"
>>
>>68786881
You're proving his point. That very clearly shows that in top / major roles, minorities are underrepresented. Latinos and Asians in particular are underrepresented.

And before you try pointing out the "whites" number keep in mind that no one outside of /pol/ looks at Jewish actors and doesn't consider them to be white. The white and Jewish numbers should be lumped together.
>>
File: now.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
now.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>68792526
I don't even care about representation, but I know you're full of bullshit.

People who care about proportions and representation should not be allowed to move goal posts. Jews are vastly overrepresented in Hollywood.

Like I said, I don't even care. They can hire more Jews and as long as the movies are fun I'll watch them, but don't ignore what's inconvenient.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.