[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this has got to be the most overrated movie of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
this has got to be the most overrated movie of all time
>>
I agree it is total garbage
>>
>>68773759
60s/70s Westerns are overrated in general, while ones from the 1940s tend to be so underrated it should be a crime
>>
>>68773881
>>68773813
>>68773759

>When his birthyear starts with 2
>>
>>68773881
there are plenty of great 60s and 70s westerns though, like Altman and Peckinpah's, although you're right for the most part. The Hawks and Fords alone are examples of incredible filmmaking, while Butch Cassidy was an awfully pased meandering disaster of wasted characterization and self-indulgence. I really don't understand the praise at all.
>>
I love the characters, the beautiful set pieces, and the tension during that chase scene.
The plot was shit, and there are too many cheesy music segways.
>>
>>68774151
yeah, those fucking millennials and their 30s and 40s westerns, why don't they like baby boomer trash?
MUH HIGH NOON
MUH BUTCH CASSIDY
kill yourself
>>
>>68774320

>he gets mad about being underage
>MUH JOHN WANYE

AJAHAHAHAHAHAGHAHAHAHAHGAHAHHAAHAHAHAGHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>68774162
Don't forget the Walsh Westerns, I watched Pursued last night and it blew me away. Also Cecile B. Demille's The Plainsman is underrated as fuck
>>
>>68773759
I thought it had a good beginning and ending, but it could have been a whole lot more interesting in between.
>>
>>68774377
>not liking Red River
>not liking Stagecoach
>not liking El Dorado
>not liking the Searchers
dog...
>>
>>68773759

Who are those guys?
>>
>>68774590
Stagecoach is the only one of those that isn't trash.
Red River is easily the most overrated western ever.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.