[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From what I understand there's no Herr Starr or even The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: preacher poster.jpg (166 KB, 708x1024) Image search: [Google]
preacher poster.jpg
166 KB, 708x1024
From what I understand there's no Herr Starr or even The Voice. Is this true? If so, how can this be a good adaptation at all?
>>
File: PreacherTV.jpg (62 KB, 765x510) Image search: [Google]
PreacherTV.jpg
62 KB, 765x510
>>68772264
http://io9.gizmodo.com/praise-god-its-a-righteous-flood-of-new-preacher-photo-1773117871

Been getting rave reviews from elsewhere. I know almost nothing about the show or the comic but the photos they've released so far look really neat.

Not really sure who this is supposed to be but it's pretty cool looking.
>>
>>68772264
I think in an interview they didn't wanted to answer about if there's going to be the search God, so i don't know how is going to end this
>>
>>68772354
>Donny and Betsy Schenck
who?
>>
>>68772264
>>68772354
Looks cool, this first poster looks like the comic book I got.
>>
File: preacher_comic_book_cover_01.jpg (256 KB, 900x1382) Image search: [Google]
preacher_comic_book_cover_01.jpg
256 KB, 900x1382
>>68772627
?
>>
>>68772354
Cassidy's post-conversion eyes aren't revealed until the very end of the comic yet here they're being shown in the promo material, they don't look like they do in the comic either.
>>
>>68772264
Also no Saint of Killers.
>>
this looks jewish

I bet its degenerate and anti-christian too
>>
>>68773256
>and anti-christian too
>poster is an upside down christian church
Whatever gave you that idea?
>>
Should I check out the comic first or just wait for the show?
>>
>>68773256
In the comic there's a 2 different characters who will fuck anything with a hole, including chickens and children respectively. There's also a ''sexual investigator'' who blew the entire English rugby team and navy and later rapes a male key character who thought he'd be meeting a female prostitute.

As for being antichristian, the main villain is God. Take from that what you will.
>>
>>68773521
Read the comic, the show is looking to be a barebones adaptation missing the most important parts like the whole motivation and special ability of the main character. Also missing are characters (Herr Starr and The Saint of Kilelrs) who are so important and beloved that they got their own miniseries spinoff.
>>
>>68773375
it could've been a horror show guess I was right it's just some more jewish crap where everyone christian is a caricature
>>
>>68773653
Well the producer is Seth Rogen.
>>
>>68773111
Whats the point of making a preacher show if you're not going to use any of the cool shit from preacher? I'm guessing there's not going to be any assface either?
>>
>>68773626
Alright, I'll give it a go.
>>
>>68772264
>no Herr Starr
Dropped.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 765x510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 765x510
>>68773825
Arseface is in there.

I don't know how comic accurate he is but a character named Arseface that in fact has a fucked up face is in there.
>>
>>68773825

Nah he's in it.
>>
File: 1450716556061.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1450716556061.png
356 KB, 572x380
Oh look, another comic book show.
>>
>>68772264
>no Herr Starr

So no main bad guy? What the fuckity fuckster fuck?
>>
>>68772264
>>68772369
>>68773111
you're shitting me
>>
>>68774016
>main bad guy
You mean God?
>>
>>68773982
They're getting okay.
>>
>>68773530
The main villain wasn't God. The main villain was Star. That's like saying the main villain in Supernatural was God.
>>
>>68773936
>cutting the shotgun rack out of the frame
>>
>>68775462
Of course it was God. Not only is he behind all the bad things that happen to Jesse as well as The Saint of Killers, making him pay for his deeds is the whole objective of the story. The Grail, which Herr Starr was a member of, was following God. Herr Starr is dealt with before God.
>>
>>68774434
God wasn't the bad guy. He didn't make the angel go behind his back and fuck a demon. He might not have stopped anything from happening, but he didn't cause it to happen. He brought Jessie and Cassidy back to life before the saint got to him. He even brought tulip back when she was very much dead.
Or what about the fact that he kept Jessie from blowing up in that truck?
>>
>>68772264
>the voice
It's The Word numbnuts. The Voice is a TV show
>>
>>68775813
For one, the Grail was protecting the bloodline of Christ, not following God. And the whole point of Jessie going after god was he wanted Him to be held accountable for all the bad shit that happens. As far as God being responsible for the saint, he wasn't redirected in heaven. His guns weren't forged in heaven either.
>>
>>68775814
see>>68775813

Did you seriously think that reviving people who died because of him makes him good when his whole purpose was making people love him again and none of the MCs were buying his shit? He influenced Marie to ruin Jesse's life which includes killing his dad, seemingly killing his mother and forcing him to be a preacher against his will. He also caused The Saint of Killers to lose his family and become what he is.
>>
>>68773982
I think you mean
>Oh look, another comic book show on a station that can't faithfully adapt comic books and will no-doubt fuck this up

I don't even care for Preacher that much, but I know it's going to be shit and people that are fans of the comics are going to hate it too. There will be nothing redeemable about it, and considering the fact that they can't push something super popular like zombies, and that the adaptation will suck so comic fans won't bother with it, it will have nothing going for it and will get cancelled after the first season.

AMC can't do anything right.
>>
File: get out.png (277 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
get out.png
277 KB, 500x441
>>68772264
>its called preacher
>it has next to nothing to do with the preacher comic
>>
>>68776091
Protecting the bloodline of Christ isn't being on God's side now?

Also it doesn't matter that his guns weren't forged in heaven, what matters is that God is the one who made The Saint lose his family. Did you forget how extremely pissed Jesse was at him for this? Why do you think they wanted God? Because they know that he's at fault for everything.
>>
>>68773825
the point is to make money
>>
>>68773786
see
>>68776212
>>
>>68776135
>>68776272
The only thing God did wrong was create people and give them free will. Same with the angels in this story. The saint was given his power in hell b y Satan and the angel of death who gave up his sword so the saint would have a Supernatural weapon.
If God is the villain in preacher, the god is the villain in all stories for the same reason.
>>
http://io9.gizmodo.com/preacher-is-going-to-be-completely-batshit-but-its-not-1768926369

>"So yes, we’ll get Satan. Catlin confirmed we’ll get the Saint of Sinners, we’ll go to Heaven, see the “Fuck Communism” lighter and more. We’ll get everything that makes Preacher the classic comic it is. But we’ll get it in a way that will focus more on the heart on the story before pulling the rug out from people"

I don't know if this means anything but it seemed like an interesting article.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.