[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foreign Cinema Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10
File: Why Don't You Play in Hell 2.webm (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Why Don't You Play in Hell 2.webm
1 MB, 1280x544
What are some of your favorite movies from abroad? What have you seen recently? What were your thoughts on it? Discuss here.

Just saw pic related. It was excellent.
>>
I saw this one. It was shit. Not even the two minutes with this girl in it made it worth it.
>>
>>68771233
Just gonna bump your thread because Sion Sono is the greatest living director
>>
File: Japanese Guide to Discipline.webm (2 MB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Guide to Discipline.webm
2 MB, 640x344
>>68771721
No arguments here
>>
What are some good chinese movies to watch? aside from wong kar wai
>>
>>68773288
Jia Zhangke
>>
>>68773288
Have you seen Infernal Affairs? Some of the martial arts movies like Ip Man and Fearless are ok.
>>
>>68771721
I still need to watch Suicide Club, thanks for the reminder
>>
>>68771233
Damn she's got some nice nails.
>>
File: Why Don't You Play in Hell 3.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Why Don't You Play in Hell 3.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>
Technically Hollywood is foreign cinema to me
>>
File: Why Don't You Play in Hell 4.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Why Don't You Play in Hell 4.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>
The good the bad the weird

One of the greatest action films. Literal perfection.
>>
>>68778158
The director also did A Bittersweet Life which was a great film too. The sound track was 11/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1XAaefu2y4
>>
Why does a "foreign film" have to be a category?

Can't you just watch a film based on the genre like action, drama etc. regardless of where it was made?

I'm not American so I don't know why the spoken language such a big deal sometimes.
>>
File: YourViceIsaLockedRoom.jpg (497 KB, 1080x1600) Image search: [Google]
YourViceIsaLockedRoom.jpg
497 KB, 1080x1600
>>68771233
I'm pretty pleb when it comes to international cinema, but I fucking love Italian genre films, 60's-80's

Last one I saw was pic related, it was fantastic
>>
File: try_and_stop_us.jpg (31 KB, 288x320) Image search: [Google]
try_and_stop_us.jpg
31 KB, 288x320
>>68778686
Because burgers rule the world and theres nothing you can do about it, commie
>>
>>68778686
Many people, myself included, are anglocentric and simply don't have much interest in foreign films (aka not in English)

The regional styles and cultural eccentricities can be difficult to penetrate so it's easier to just watch an anglophone film instead. Also speaking for myself, when I sit down to watch a movie I am drunk 99% of the time. This makes reading subtitles a bit of a chore
>>
File: Normal Family Dinner in Japan.webm (2 MB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
Normal Family Dinner in Japan.webm
2 MB, 640x344
>>
File: output2.webm (3 MB, 608x352) Image search: [Google]
output2.webm
3 MB, 608x352
>>
File: Suicide Club 2.webm (3 MB, 608x352) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Club 2.webm
3 MB, 608x352
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.