[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Subverts expectations. >Isn't afraid to piss off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
>Subverts expectations.
>Isn't afraid to piss off fans.
>Actual character development.
>Is a metaphor for RDJ's career.

So we all agree that Iron Man 3 is the true capekino right?
>>
>>68767857
Nah. Its pretty flawed. It just made me realize id rather be watching a legit shane black buddy cop action adventure movie. Ben Kingsly should have been a leo getts type character they had to drag along with them.
>>
The mandarin character was genuinely menacing.
>>
it definitely subverted expectations, but the result was a huge disappointment.

Subversion for subversions sake doesn't redeem a film.

This movie was a mess, they had a good thing going with Osama Ben Kinglsey and they chose to botch it completely for generic salty suit guy with a chip on his shoulder and firebreathing powers?

FFS, I get angry just talking about IM3. Just praise IM1 and forget the other two ever happened.

Shit I'm fine with
>panic attacks: they ake since considering Avengers
> the kid: annoying as fuck but worth keeping around
>Osama Ben Kingsley
>Suit guy as a side villain

Shit I will never forgive
>cop out
>dragon pepper pots saving the day
>suits falling apart every 2 seconds if someone looks at them funny

---- yeah I get the suits were a metaphor for Tony falling apart, but the movie tried to use it for comic relief and it just made me groan.
>>
Also they made War Machine a joke---- when is that character going to get serious?
>>
>>68768195
>yeah I get the suits were a metaphor for Tony falling apart,

The suits being total shit was because his main one in the movie was a prototype, and the rest were all very specific suits made for any occasion, because he was a nervous wreck after the Avengers.
>>
>Chinese menacing mage leader who is a global threat
>turned into some white hack actor and a white tech guy
>Ancient Asian man mentor of Dr Strange
>turned into an androgynous woman
>constant depiction of asians being saved or cowardly running away
>that potato chaser korean girl scientist in AoU

more of Marvel's hate towards asians
>>
What would even give Iron Man such PTSD? It's not like this was his first near-death experience
>>
>>68768533
so basically what I said then
>>
>>68768881
What happened in the Avengers was sort of on another level.

Before he had just fought other guys in suits. But all the alien invasion shit gave him the "I'm just a man in a can" mentality.
>>
File: smoke.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
smoke.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1280
The premise would have been a pretty great for non-capeshit film, but it would have been hard to swallow for the average Burguerstanian.

Whe same goes for the Winter Soldier.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.