[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for films with a depressing apocalyptic atmosphere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: werckmeister-2.jpg (66 KB, 768x486) Image search: [Google]
werckmeister-2.jpg
66 KB, 768x486
I'm looking for films with a depressing apocalyptic atmosphere like in Werckmeister Harmonies or other films by Tarr. A film that at the end raises the question where humanity has gone so horribly wrong.
It's hard to explain but maybe you have some recommendations.

Oh yeah, I didn't like Children of Men and I hated The Road even though those films might fit the description.
>>
bump

Platoon surprisingly had a similar effect even though I don't think it's particularly good. Not bad either.
>>
What other Tarr films have you seen?

It's important to note that Werckmeister, Satantango and Turin Horse are all based on writing by Laszlo Krasznahorkai.
>>
Come and See

Its on YT with English Subs. An absolutely horrifying fever dream of a war movie.
>>
The Anvil Hoarder (1930) by Vincent DeMarcos
>>
I'd say Stalker if you haven't seen it already.
>>
>>68768487
great mention. Already saw it and you're absolutely right.

>>68768413
Turin Horse, Damnation and Man from London. Satantango is on my to watch list.

>>68768497
I've seen every Tarkovsky film. Offret comes closest imo.

>>68768493
I'll look into that. Thanks
>>
>>68767635
Threads
>>
>>68768756
Satantango is fantastic, and if you don't like the idea of a seven hour film the books is phenomenal.

Threads is another good suggestion.
>>
>>68767635
have you checked out sokurov? i think his "mother & son" or whatever it's called in english might fit your bill.

have you seen spalovac mrtvol by juraj herz? that's a good depresser.
>>
>Werckmeister Harmonies

Great movie
>>
>>68767635
Hard To Be A God?
>>
>>68769341
this is on my to watch list but I have no idea what to expect.

>>68768781
>>68769012
Completely forgot about this one. Gonna watch

>>68769082
those look interesting. Thank you.
>>
>>68769423
Not him, but you can either expect one of the best films you'll ever see or one of the worst. I think it's the former.
>>
>>68769423
It's really long and just disgusting and heavy. Really polarizing in how people see it. It's one of my favorite movies personally
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.