[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That was the dumbest coup ever. They kill a member of the royal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
That was the dumbest coup ever.
They kill a member of the royal family and the Lannister House, the lawful regent of Dorne and his heir, in front of fucking everybody.
All the houses and their mothers are going to queue to go to war with them with the blessings of the crown.
Is that what is going to be this season?
>>
>>68764533
Robert Strong will rape her, murder her, and kill her sneks.
>>
>>68764533
It'll get worse.
Tyrion has been turned into Quentin's character and will get burned alive by the dragons, dying at the seasons end.
>>
>>68764533
the motivation is fucking retarded.
>How dare you not declare war when Oberyn lost in a lawful duel. That he decided to participate on his own accord.
>>
the dorne plotline is fucked all to hell, show is circling the drain at this point
>>
>>68765163
wait a sec isnt Tyrion a Targaryen ?
>>
You think it's retarded and then you remember they're women. Impetuous irrationality is to be expected.
>>
>>68766112
In the tv series he is yea
>>
File: ellariafu.webm (2 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
ellariafu.webm
2 MB, 1000x562
>the entire show every female who gets into power does so by sleeping with someone who already has power
>its literally every female character, khaleesi, cersei, sansa, even the side characters
>this bitch just decides to fucking kill 2 people who arent even supposed to die at all in the novels

great fanfic grrm

what will they think of next?
>>
>>68766112
everyone's a secret targaryan

except the targaryans ;^)
>>
>>68765163
That scene with him and the dragons is in the next episode, so I doubt that he'll get Quentin'd at the end of the season. Unless he does next week, as a surprise
>>
Most likely show Dorne has no "other houses" and the coup will receive no retaliation whatsoever
>>
>>68764533

Doesn't she say the people of Dorne all hate the king. The guards seem surprised but don't do a thing.

Also the seven kingdoms are in no position to invade/force Dorne, which resisted invasion even they had dragons.

i still thinks its retarded that basically some political literal whos did a coup rather than a coalition of Dorne's noble families or something

they'll probably play it off like ellaria was sponsored by the rest of dorne's nobility
>>
>>68766290
>Only one House in Dorne opposes the sneks
>Their House sigil is a mongoose
P
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>68766290
>Tyrell walk in
>???
>>
>>68766290
In the show, Dorne doesn't appear to exist beyond the walls of Sunspear
>>
I cannot wait to see these dumb cunts get butchered.
>>
>>68766521
Pretty much
>>
>>68766577
>Killing strong womyn

Wow, get a lof of this misogynist scum
>>
>>68766151
Even for women is retarded. Do they think that all the banner houses are going to be ok with that? The Crown? The Lannisters?
Oberyn went to fight like that exactly to avoid an open war, and the cunts are going to wage war with basically everybody after killing the rightful ruler? Totally retarded.
>>
>>68766762
>Do they think that all the banner houses are going to be ok with that?
They don't want to be accused of being sexist or even racist because the women do look a bit brown...
>>
>>68766327
Agreed. There's no room or imagination for any more backstory to politics in Dorne. Of course realistically you could never get away with this without making allies of nobility or just say all of it was taken care of off-screen.
>>
>>68766327
>they'll probably play it off like ellaria was sponsored by the rest of dorne's nobility

This is probably true tho, she wouldn't do it if the other houses would rebel against her on the next day.
>>
>>68764533
Is the coup in the books? How are Ellaria and the Sand Snakes portrayed in them?
>>
>>68766213
How many times do people have to be reminded, GRRM made the show canon and has stopped the novels

Fucking screen cap this if you need to: GRRM will never write another book, he's realised all the fans are at the show
>>
File: got disgusting.png (152 KB, 300x319) Image search: [Google]
got disgusting.png
152 KB, 300x319
>>68766931
>Is the coup in the books?
Of course not.
>>
>>68766931
there's actually an interesting and fairly deep plot that Doran has been hatching for years to fuck over the Lannisters, and the sneks are locked up in prison for acting too irrational
>>
>>68766842

Pretty much. Dorne is pretty vast but in the show it's like there are only five gypsies living there.

Imagine if shit like that went down in King's Landing. Can you imagine Shae walking up to Joffrey and stabbing him on the iron throne? While Margaery stabs Cersei in the back before flinging another dagger towards a fleeing Jaime?

Shit doesn't make sense b.
>>
>>68767157
>deep plot
Lanza?
>>
>>68766842
>Of course realistically you could never get away with this without making allies of nobility

And they would support a treacherous concubine whose only experience is whoring and her bastards as the rulers of Dorne? Why exactly?
>>
>>68766931
The last we see of Doran and the Snakes in Feast is Doran is essentially giving them marching orders. He asks if he can trust them to act on his plan completely promising revenge in due time, they agree, and he sends them off on to various places. I forgot who goes where though. One goes to the Red Keep to act as Dornes representative, another goes to the Sept in Kings Landing. It isn't revealed till a Winter chapter, but Arianne Martell is riding to Storms End to meet Aegon and verify his authenticity. Possibly marry, who knows?

The point is they don't go full retard because of "muh female empowerment" and are actually blessed with rational minds in the books and can see the bigger picture.
>>
>>68764533
well, i don't think the show has ever been in danger of being considered smart or intellectual. but when a dumb tits and dragons show gets dumber and dumber, how soon before audiences, kids aside, abandon the show?
>>
DnD are just paving the war for Darkstar. We know the Daynes exist because they've mention The Sword of the Morning and his dual-wielding ass is going to appear in a later episode. The Daynes will save Dorne
>>
>>68767157
>>68767077
>>68767408
Thanks
>>
>We're not here to FEED you, you gender role enforcing priveliged shitlord, we're here to kill you.
D&D are masters of the craft.
>>
>>68766706
Dude was in a wheelchair, which makes them ableist.
>>
>>68766762
>Do they think that all the banner houses are going to be ok with that?
kek

No such thing as "banner houses" exist in the show, anon

Nothing exists in the world of D&D's westeros beyond what you see on screen

Beyond that, Dorne is the most liberal/progressive nation in all of Westoros so it HAS to utterly demolish everybody else. It is known.
>>
>>68766252
what does "a quentin character" mean?
>>
>>68765345
Redditors would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>68767463
>i don't think the show has ever been in danger of being considered smart or intellectual.
actually i hated a lot of seson 5, but i realize now that this show is shit and has nothing to do with the books.
with that in mind i am watching it as i would watch xena or hercules, and it isn't that bad if you watch it from that point of view.
>>
>>68766521
We haven't actually even seen Sunspear on the show, only the water gardens.
>>
>>68768634
just torrent it bruh
>>
>>68767912
Quentin Martell, in the book, goes to Mereen to marry Danny and bring her back to Westeros for 'revenge' and all that. He's too much of a beta though and is brushed to the side by Danny so he tries to prove himself by taming one of her dragons cause he has a little Targ blood in him from way back and thinks this gives him some special ability whatever. Bastard gets fried by the dragons and, on the worse end, ends up freeing them both from their cage in his massive stupidity. He Quentin'd himself.
>>
File: Crippled Sandnigger's Revenge.png (335 KB, 762x520) Image search: [Google]
Crippled Sandnigger's Revenge.png
335 KB, 762x520
>>68767077
>>
>>68764 HYPE FUCKING CONFIRMED
>>
Did they just fuck up the whole show beyond repair with one episode?
>>
>>68768782
>no comic sans
shit png
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.