[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best costume drama set in Europe of recent years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
What's the best costume drama set in Europe of recent years?

Should I watch Wolf Hall, Tudors, The White Queen, The Hollow Crown, The Last Kingdom, The Borgias? What say you?
>>
Tudors wore on my a bit but I liked every bit of The Borgias, especially Season 2.
>>
File: anne.jpg (726 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
anne.jpg
726 KB, 1920x1080
>>68759485
Wolf Hall
>>
>>68759520
>posting that image
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>68759485
Wolf Hall and Hollow Crown.
Everything is pleb tier melo-drama and titties.
>>68759520
I know the show is pretty inaccurate but damn it's good. Dem castings.
>>
>>68759944
Alright, I'll start with Hollow Crown.

Any second opinions?
>>
File: Borgia.jpg (213 KB, 1600x980) Image search: [Google]
Borgia.jpg
213 KB, 1600x980
I watched all the shows you mentioned except Wolf Hall (is it good?) Like >>8759944 said, Hollow crown is plain Shakespeare play, while in the others history is fictionalized and go in soap opera direction. I liked them all tho.
I suggest watching not The Borgias by showtime, where Jeremy Irons is good but the serie ends abruptly, but pic related european version, created by Tom Fontana, where pope is played by John Doman and Caesar Borgia by Mark Ryder (he was really really good at it).
>>
BBC's Musketeers

It has Peter Capaldi in the early seasons and is pretty comfy.

By the time you finish S1 and S2 the BBC will finally realize what it is going to do with S3, which was spiked on account of it not being diverse enough.
>>
>>68761247
I watched an episode, it was fucking stupid shlock for children
>>
Wolf Hall isn't just the best Costume Dramas, its straight up one of the best TV shows I've ever seen.

Its too short and hard to be up there with stuff like "the wire" etc... but every single shot reeks of class. Every performance is first class.

Its like a really classy meal. You know it was good, delicious even, you're just pissed you paid so much to still be hungry
>>
Men in Tights
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.