[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when HBO made good stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
>>
>>68757955
Generation kill was their last good show
unless im forgetting something
>>
>>68757991
yeah, you're forgetting Boardwalk Empire
>>
>>68757991
True Detective season 1.
>>
File: john-adams-miniseries.jpg (62 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
john-adams-miniseries.jpg
62 KB, 435x580
John Adams was true kino.
>>
Alright, /tv/. Rank your top 5 HBO shows.

1. The Sopranos
2. Six Feet Under
3. The Wire
4. Deadwood
5. Curb Your Enthusiasm
>>
>>68757991

Boardwalk Empire was vastly superior to GK tho
>>
>>68759554
Sopranos
The Wire
OZ
Everything else
Dogshit
Lost
>>
>>68759597
Lost wasn't an HBO show
>>
>>68759623
Never the less, my point still stands
>>
Would it be possible to make Sopranos today?
>>
>The Wire, The Sopranos and Deadwood got Blu-Ray releases
>Still no word on a Six Feet Under box set

JFMSU
>>
>>68759687
Tony would be a oldtimer italian who instead of having trouble with other mob families, would have trouble with young SJW's troubling him for his old and traditional ways
>>
>>68759687

Fuck no. The golden age of TV kino is over.
>>
>>68759687
It would be difficult. Unless HBO came up with the technology to re-animate James Gandolfini's corpse.
>>
HBO's best show, but they killed it too soon.
https://youtu.be/Io3qEXfuc2s
>>
>>68759778
>He doesn't watch the Night Manager
HBO just sucks now. The Britbongs are doing it right.
>>
>>68759687
Nope. TV drama as it exists today wouldn't be possible without The Sopranos. It's like The Beatles of television. There's TV before The Sopranos and there's TV after The Sopranos.
>>
>>68757955
HBO needs to make a show that is considered to be the worst show ever. Same for Showtime.
>>
>>68759687
no, sjw mindset are big now in hollywood, if the sopranos were made now you will see more black in the show and more diversity, cuck shit and strong butiful womyn and less macho thing that the mafia said or did on the show.
>>
>ywn watch The Sopranos for the first time again

Fuck, man. GOAT show. On this subject, I wanna start a new show. Deadwood, The Wire, or Six Feet Under?
>>
>>68759978
Oz.... You prag

Why didn't they make a season 7..... Fuck!
>>
>>68759554
The Larry Sanders Show
SFU
The Wire
Sopranos
Deadwood
Curb
>>
>>68759836
That show was so good. It was like all the really fucked up parts of Twin Peaks for an hour. Still pissed they canceled it.
>>
>>68759554
I. Six Feet Under
II. Boardwalk Empire
III. Oz
IV. The Sopranos
V. Silicon Valley
>>
>>68760357
Oz before Sopranos. Are you retarded mate?
>>
>>68759554
1. The Sopranos
2. The Wire
3. Deadwood
4. Six Feet Under
5. Larry Sanders Show
6. Carnivale
7. Generation Kill
8. Curb Your Enthusiasm
9. The Corner
10. Rome

That's pretty much all the good HBO shows.
>>
>>68757991

Eastbound and Down
>>
>>68760698
No, it is the overall better show. Oz's highs were higher than The Sopranos' imo.
However, The Sopranos is definitely, and objectively, the more consistent show.
>>
>>68761684
>OZ is overall the better show
>The Sopranos is more consistent

I don't know you, guy.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.