[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite Films of All Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Stalker_France_MPOTW.jpg (219 KB, 582x792) Image search: [Google]
Stalker_France_MPOTW.jpg
219 KB, 582x792
my personal picks:

1. stalker
2. the holy mountain
3. man with a movie camera
4. eraserhead
5. the colour of pomegranates
6. wavelength
7. the exterminating angel
8. persona
9. dog star man
10. valerie and her week of wonders
>>
>>68755716
pleb
>>
>>68755716
If you added Tree of Life to that you would be the most pretentious man in history.
>>
>>68755716
>the holy mountain
lol

>wavelength
come on now

>dog star man
autism
>>
>>68755885

>the holy mountain
suggests we cannot search for answers in art, as art cannot present any answers. art must instead force us to shift our focus back to our lives and search for answers ourselves. so jodorowsky breaks the fourth wall and tells us to do so.
>wavelength
an experiment that proves nothing on film is real. a photo on the wall and a 45 minute shot of a room in real time are equally fictional, as they are only a specific time and place encapsulated, that no longer exists.
>dog star man
ties the micro and the macro together, combining everyday activities, images of the universe and closed eyes visuals (exploring our own consciousness), creating a representation of all human life and its place within the universe.

how the fuck could you not love these films, i genuinely do not understand
>>
>>68756783
I'm not a pleb like you.
>>
>>68756833
list 10 better films pls
>>
>>68756939
transformers one through four
pirates of the caribbean one through four
star wars episode 1 and 2
>>
>>68755716
here's my top 10

Letyat zhuravli
Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes
Fanny och Alexander
Kizzu Ritan
Seppuku
Teorema
Vivre sa vie : film en douze tableaux
Sayat Nova
Le Samouraï
Spring Breakers
>>
>>68756994
ok fair enough
>>
>>68757111
nice picks aside from kizzu ritan (haven't seen it) and spring breakers (it's ok)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.