[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it honestly as good as you remember?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: spider-man-2-hd-photo_12.jpg (95 KB, 633x466) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-2-hd-photo_12.jpg
95 KB, 633x466
Is it honestly as good as you remember?
>>
>>68748791
No.
It's even better than I remember.
>>
It's better.
>>
it's just so good

everything just went so right
>>
>>68748791

even better, someone posted a webm of the operating room scene when the arms wake up and it was amazing how good it looked, can't beat good practicals.
>>
>>68748791
Marketer paid to constantly promote Sony Pictures IPs.
>>
>>68748791
literally the best capekino to date
>>
>>68748875
That scene gave me nightmares as a young lad
>>
>>68748791

RAIN DROPS
>>
>>68748791
No. It has the "someone tell raimi that this is not supposed to be a horror movie" scene so it's still above 98% of capeshit though
>>
>>68748791
Es ist besser
>>
The pacing is excellent. Movie flows seamlessly between great action set pieces and character study.

Recent capeshit cant get pacing right at all, it usually drags on for a while before going full 3D cartoon 30 min action sequence (see: MoS, BvS, AAoU, IM II&III)
>>
>>68748791
Better because all the shit superhero movies that come out nowadays really puts things into perspective
>>
>>68748961

to what scene are you referring...

I just recall great fun all around, not genuine frights
>>
The soundtrack was great, that's all I remember.
>>
>>68748791
After watching modern day superhero movies, my fondness for this just grows and grows.

It is a perfect comic book movie.
>>
>>68749043

He's referring to >>68748875
when doc ock's tentacles go nuts in the hospital and kill the doctors.

Kek I remember my cousins went to see the movie and when that scene came on my uncle took them out of the theater
>>
doesn't matter, no capeshit hasn't come close to being half as good
>>
>>68748791
all live action capeshit movies are shit.

There has never been a good one.
>>
I've watched it semi recently, still holds up. Some cgi hasnt aged well, as youd expect, but its every bit as enjoyable as it ever was
>>
>>68749181
batman begins
xmen first class
>>
>>68749095

yeah Didn't faze me in the theater since I was like 16 but its pretty bad I guess
>>
>>68749256
pleb as fuck.
kys
>>
I'd have to watch it again in full, but I saw the end swing the other day actually and it felt so good.

>https://youtu.be/Fs49Q19iXek?t=2m28s
Start at 2:28
>>
>>68748791
It was crap when it came out and it's crap now. There's only 2 good scenes in the whole trilogy:
>train stopping scene
and
>BOOOOOONESSAAAWWW IS REDEEEEE
>>
>>68749376
for gods sake put some effort in
>>
>>68748791
No. It's not bad, like SM3, but it's not as good as SM.

PROS
>Train sequence (pretty much fucking perfect)
>Doc Ock's hospital awakening (loved this, too)
>Molina's acting (though not as good as Dafoe's)
>Cinematography
>The music (though the weakest of the three)
>The spider-man costume
>The CGI
>The practical effects
>Most of the production design elements

CONS
>Pacing/Editing (Ock kidnaps MJ, SM goes to fight him, train sequence, Ock takes SM to Harry, Harry lets SM go immediately, SM goes to reactor, defeats Ock with ease... the Peter/Harry scene was shoehorned into the middle of the climax, basically. And then SM is good to go, despite having just been weakened to the point of unconsciousness)
>Literally all direction that wasn't a passionately-put-together action set-piece.
>All acting that wasn't Molina
>Ock's "costume"
>The "Artificial Intelligence" arms... what?
>The annoying bitch singing the Spider-Man theme song throughout the film
>The cartoonish comedic sound effects
>The dialogue (this is what happens when you replace the writer of Jurassic Park and Carlito's Way with the dudes who did Smallville)
>The entire dynamic between MJ and Peter (she was a one-dimensional damsel in distress in SM1 - leagues ahead of her horribly inconsistent, cunty, retarded character in this movie)
>A movie exploring Peter giving up the costume would've been interesting. In this movie, he sheds the costume at 63mins into the 135min film and then puts it back on at 87mins - just over one fifth of the movie. Stupid. This whole subplot needed to be either cut entirely or reworked into the main focus of the film)

It's probably the single most overrated capeshit out there - though obviously not the worst. In fact, it's not even a bad movie. Just not amazing.
I'd probably give it a 6/10 (giving Spider-Man an 8/10 and Spider-Man 3 a 3/10)
>>
>>68749256
First Class is terrible watching it again
>>
>>68749831

So basically, you've never read Spider-Man comics, and are a Dafoe cocksucker since spider-man is actually WAY weaker than 2 in every respect.

Fuck right off, listing Doc Ock' costume as a con? When that shitheap Goblin exists? Jesus christ
>>
>>68749900
>So basically, you've never read Spider-Man comics
I have, actually. A great deal of them.

>a Dafoe cocksucker
I've seen very few of his films, but have enjoyed him in what I have seen, yes.

>spider-man is actually WAY weaker than 2 in every respect.
Well, I disagree. Can you give examples or are you just going to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "nuh-uh!" at me?

>Fuck right off, listing Doc Ock' costume as a con? When that shitheap Goblin exists? Jesus christ
I never said I liked Goblin's costume. Why would you assume such a thing?
If I drew up a pros and cons list for the first film, the Goblin costume would of course be a con. In fact, the only Raimi villain whose costume I was actually impressed with was Sandman's.
>>
File: Spider-Man2002Poster[1].jpg (73 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man2002Poster[1].jpg
73 KB, 300x443
G O A T
O
A
T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f5ykkGJvMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm4BxQen6SM

>tfw you'll never wake up swole as fuck with your dick 2 inches bigger
>>
>>68749900
>spider-man is actually WAY weaker than 2 in every respect.
>weaker than 2 in every respect.
>in every respect.
>being in this much denial
>>
>>68749577
Into what. Those are the only scene I like.
>>
>>68749831
I love Dafoe, but he kind of overdid it in Spider-Man 1. At first, he was a strong-willed, arrogant, intelligent business man. But after he takes the serum, he turns into a little bitch. His normal self changes when it shouldn't have. It should have been his original self vs. his Goblin-self. He oversold it I think.
>>
>>68750437
>But after he takes the serum, he turns into a little bitch. His normal self changes when it shouldn't have.

I see what your saying, but he was also supposed to be "insane" as implied by the tests they ran on animals.

So the goblin personality could be interpreted as an over-amplified version of his original strong-willed, arrogant ego with the little bitch side being a result of his mood swings.
>>
>>68750437
I don't think so, I think he turns psychotic, just as we were warned he would by Strom earlier.

You're right, they could've just gone full Goblin vs Osborn with it, but I liked the schizophrenic way they played it.
>>
i think it'll be on fx this week
>>
>>68749198

>Watchmen
>>
>>68750583
>>68750437
I always saw it as the Goblin just shitting all over Osborn's formerly dominant personality.
Like a "This is how powerful Goblin is, he reduced someone as strong-willed as Norman to nothing."
>>
VINDICATED

I AM SELFISH

I AM WRONG
>>
>>68748791
Better.
>>
>used to think it was really good
>learn about "kino"
>rewatch it with my knowledge of Kino
>literally cry

anybody else feel this way?
>>
>>68749877
This tbqh.

Rewatched First Class & DoFP, fucking horrible movies.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 241x209
>>68748791
No. the villain sucks, he listens to tentacles.

Anyone who likes this shit are either retarded or true capeshitter
>>
>>68751483
plebshit muh sick dark atmosphere

holy shit just mcfucking kill yourself already
>>
>>68748822
>It's even better than I remember.

This
>>
BUTTERFINGERS
>>
Weird thing about that film is that they got large amount of asian extras with non-speaking parts, like it was shot in China or something
>>
>>68748791
MJ in this picture makes my heart hurt
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.