[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White guy here why is the only funny comedy "offensive"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: billburr.png (181 KB, 700x290) Image search: [Google]
billburr.png
181 KB, 700x290
White guy here
why is the only funny comedy "offensive" ? Pic related, he's kind of a dummy though. Louis CK was funny back when he said mean, hurtful things about his wife/daughters but now he's past that and his comedy has suffered.
>>
Quit being a stinky poop nigger and maybe you'll understand
>>
Why did you feel the need to tell us that you're white
>>
All stand-up comedy is awful. Comedians are only funny when they're bantering on the radio with each other.
>>
>>68747035
You don't listen to enough. Radio is awkward, especially Opie and Anthony...and Stephen Lynch. And Maddox and Dick Masterson
>>
>>68746789
stand is mostly either venting (Bill Burr, Louis CK), funny stories and one liners (john mulaney, Mitch hedberg) or pseudo political jargin (everyone else, mainly blacks)

you cant just go up and swear and be mean with no structure, you have to build it up somehow. Stand up is one of the few forms of comedy left where you don't have to be PC, or it used to be and is now being taken over by libcucks. Other comedies like SNL have to play it safe, where a stand up can just rent a theater out and say his own material. we respond well to people bitching about things and making us laugh at it. that's why the PC stand up bombs. its like watching a kidde tv show's humor
>>
hedberg was hilarious and was never overtly offensive

I suppose in the end, most comics ARE edgy fucked up people so that what you get - offensive comedy.

Problem is billy boy and louis cuck are now huge so they've lost a lot of their edginess, stanhope will never make it so thank god for that
>>
I hate those fuckers who think people who like bill Burr are ass holes. Like they they we take everything that Bill says as gospel. no, hes just dicking around most of the time and I have fun listening.
>>
>Bill Burr
married, lame
>CK
Got away from his family, no inspiration, lame
>Christopher Titus
Said all he had, can't manufacture more, lame
>Bo Burnham
He gets away with making fun of minorities and women in a way other white guys can't. p cool
>>
>>68747448
Bo Burnham is a fag
>>
While he might be borderline offensive, I wouldn't say somebody like Dave Chapelle is "edgy", and it's one of the few that makes me laugh nowadays. He knows how to deliver a joke, not just rant like a lot of those "offensive" comedians do.
>>
>>68747517
Yeah, I'm jealous of him too. Looks, millions of dollars, a fan base of teenage girls, only has to upload shit to youtube to make more money if he wants it.
>>
>>68747525
Yep timing and pacing of a joke is even more important than the punchline half the time, and Chappelle was one of the best.
>>
>>68746972
So you can know I'm coming from a place where it's impossible to say something that would make me pause and question whether you should be allowed to say that.
>>
reminder Louie's best set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv8d_ry-u-Q
>>
>>68747261
>Opie and Anthony
It was great when they had other comedians sitting in like Louis CucK, Patrice O'neal, even Burr was great on there if i remember correctly
>>
>>68747780
Most of their best material came from their O&A appearances. The difference is it was spontaneous on O&A, then they'd later work it into their act.
>>
I like Hannibal's delivery
His writing has slipped
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.