[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1448303172752.jpg (57 KB, 613x459) Image search: [Google]
1448303172752.jpg
57 KB, 613x459
Explain it.
>>
>>68746567
DUDE WOMEN LAMO
>>
>>68746567
This is a fucking great film. It's about being afraid of spiders and why they aren't that bad. Not much explanation needed desu
>>
>>68746567
It was non linear story about a dude with two conflicting sides. Not split personality, but just different sides. He was a boring professor who wanted more excitment in life as he got older, so he cheats on his girl, tired to become an actor, gets a motorbike.
But his past actions keep coming back to haunt him. In the movie it is represented with actual events, but its more psychological than that
>>
>>68748423
This sounds pretty good, does it manage to pull it off okay?
>>
anyone else feel the cgi was entirely out of place?
>>
>History is a cycle, it repeats itself
>>
>>68748423
Hence the spiders.
A spider weaves his own net as people weave their own stories. What they have woven into the past is the net they live with in the present. Traditionally they represent guardians of the past, passages of time, cycles and of the infinite (you'll also notice the infinity sign showing up all over the movie)
There is also a scene where Jake is talking to his students about how history repeats itself in cycles, this also applies to his naughty, adventure seeking behavior and his oscillation between the two different Jakes

But the car crash scene at the end becomes so important because it represents the breaking of the cycles, the death of the naughty Jake.
But this is also at the same time that nice guy Jake finds the key to that crazy night club. Nice guy Jake slips it into his pocket and smiles.
Personally I believe that that dream-like sex dungeon represented the temptation naughty side, it was the portal that Jake stepped through when becoming his other self
So when he slips it back into his pocket and says he's gonna be out late, it jumps to the giant spider (which also represents femininity) which likes intimidated and scared because Jake will end up simply repeating his cycles of behavior, and weaving the same old web over again.
>>
>>68746667
pretty much this
>>
Fascism and the death of an identity.
>>
>>68748423
He was an actor first, pay more attention
>>
>>68748931
The spiders also represented Women. It goes back to the speech he gives the class, about dictators and methods of control. He felt like he had no control over his life, he was submitting, in his mind, to his wife, and he had an overbearing mother to boot. That's why squash club (a real fetish btw) was his source of cathartic release, a spider being squashed is akin to taking back control from women. The final scene bares out this imagery.
>>
>>68746567
pure kino

kino = shit right? i'm new to this meme
>>
>>68750471
>The final scene bares out this imagery.

Can you elaborate more please? I still don't get the ending
>>
>Not split personality
I don't know. The personalities actually interact with each other as if they were separate entities
The spiders represent his family. He felt suffocated and bored with his life and family, hence the crushing of the spider in the very beginning of the film. He's allowing his established life to be crushed in order for his persona to take form once again. The spiders are always seen looming over the city, the thoughts of his family constantly haunting him in the back of his mind
Both sides are exact opposites: he's an actor with a pretty wife, a son on the way, a good place, a motorbike. The other is an average guy with a boring job, shitty apartment and no real commitment, but has a pretty young girl he can fuck whenever he pleases without being bothered. The cycle only comes to an end when the original's life ends (the car crash) the persona returns to it's origin point. His wife is well aware of his problem (when she meets the teacher persona at the school and starts crying when she sees he is in his persona)
His wife only appeared as a fragile, scared spider at the very end of the film. Despite her efforts to keep him with her, he is still tempted to leave and go to the "secret room" where the spider crushing occurs and she sees that once agian, her attempts were in vain. He leaves her behind to begin the next cycle.
As for secret room itself, it might be an actual place he goes to do questionable acts that his wife wouldn't approve of or it exists completely within his mind. Either way, it is where the personality split is complete. The spider crushing never actually occurs
I haven't seen the film in over a year though, I really need to see it again to provide a better analysis
>>
File: gixxa powa .webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gixxa powa .webm
3 MB, 1280x720
It was about the suzuki GSX-R
>>
Alien invasion. Everyone acting all pretentious trying to find depth and a deeper meaning in the movie when it's literally an alien invasion
>>
>>68751017
unwatchable shit that jumpcuts too much
>>
>>68746567
Here you go friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9AWkqRwd1I
>>
Didn't really care for the piss-yellow filter.
>>
>>68748423
But what about the car crash?
>>
The movie is actually an Ionesco-esque absurdist story. It's a dystopian society where mankind is ruled over by giant spider overlords who use them as food. In order to keep the supply going, humans are cloned and put in a drab, dull, urban environment where they live out their drab, dull, boring lives. The Actor rebels against the Spiders by attending illegal underground strip shows where women crush small spiders underneath their heels. Yet since he is not aware that he is enslaved, he does not know why he gets so much pleasure from watching a facsimile of his oppressors suffer.

The story follows the Professor as he looks for meaningless and purpose in his life, while also discovering his clone, the Actor. He sees the existence of his clone as a means to live a fulfilling life, ignorant to the ongoing oppression of the Spiders. It's not until the very end of the movie, where his new mistress is eaten by the Spiders, that he realizes how meaningless and pointless his existence is in the face of their oppression.
>>
>>68751865

He forcibly killed off the cheating fun-loving movie star side and settled for his wife like a schmuck. And when he sees the spider at the end, he's basically regretting his decision but chooses to stick with it.
>>
I actually read the book this is based on. It's much better than the movie if you're interested in the whole doppleganger trope.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRJUAaQ2WU

Let the master introduce you to darkness.
>>
File: sgg.jpg (89 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
sgg.jpg
89 KB, 640x960
Where I discovered this qt
>>
Spiders are cool
so are skulls
moms suck
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.