[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique the last movie you watched.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault2.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault2.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Critique the last movie you watched.
>>
>>68743979

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDZptbTTaE4
>>
>>68744016
I'm not touching that shit, nigger.
>>
>>68744106

If it makes you feel any better I don't have anything monetized and it's 7 seconds long.
>>
>>68743979
>slammin salmon

I didn't like it as much as Super Troopers, Club Dread or Beerfest. Still, it's Broken Lizard so there were some good parts.
>>
>Eyes Wide Shut

It was misunderstood.
>>
>>68744016
>>68744426
>>68744544

guys, guys, guys. critique goes JUST A SCOOCH beyond "i liked it" or "i hated it"
>>
>>68743979
>Lost in Translation

It was nice
>>
>>68744580

Nah.
>>
>>68744580
The fat guy isn't as good at directing as the indian guy.
>>
>the possession of michael king

promising concept but it sucked
>>
File: australia.jpg (76 KB, 355x678) Image search: [Google]
australia.jpg
76 KB, 355x678
>>68744632
new thread rule: no australians allowed.
>>
>>68743979
Currently watching Excalibur, but my computer fucked up and I have to reboot.

I'm at the marriage and I like it so far, last movie I fully saw would be Conan the Barbarian, and I loved it. Comfy Arnold film.
>>
File: old_pepe.png (232 KB, 547x1198) Image search: [Google]
old_pepe.png
232 KB, 547x1198
No. It's ok guys. I didn't want comprehensive critiques anyways. I only wanted you to tell me what you last watched and if you liked it or not.

I-It's cool.
>>
>>68745318
You post one then.
>>
File: elhermanodelosdobles.jpg (16 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
elhermanodelosdobles.jpg
16 KB, 200x250
>>68745840
Sure. It won't be great but I'll try to stack some content in there.

Last movie I watched was Crazy Heart with the estimable Jeff Bridges (and of all fucking people, Colin Farrell playing a country western singer- jesus fucking christ what have we wrought.) One can't have a complete critique without mentioning the book by Thomas Cobb, whose work is celebrated as a psychological profile and love-letter to country music. While Crazy Heart the movie carries the sentiment of the book with a score that features Jeff Bridges himself on vocals (no stranger is Jeff to musicality,) its rigorous shooting schedule (only 24 days of shooting,) made for a very scripted experience that deviated only very little from the source material. The very briefly celebrated celebrated career of Maggie Gylennhaal played a convincing naive single-mother who takes on Bad Blake, a wounded veteran of the country music industry. Ultimately their romance, as short lived as it is in the book, is even shorter in its cinematic debut, with its palpably 'Hollywood' ending that is not quite so tragic but decidedly final interpretation that is -just- sweet enough to take the teeth out of the original. Despite the anemic narrative, the cinematic quality, with a dark and gritty to light and sweeping scheme that concludes in beautiful and sweeping vistas of western states (filmed in 35mm) creates a memorable experience visual experience with an otherwise disappointing ensemble.

did i du gud. did i get dubs
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.