[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the best comedy of the last few years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: Everybody Wants Some.jpg (581 KB, 800x1245) Image search: [Google]
Everybody Wants Some.jpg
581 KB, 800x1245
is this the best comedy of the last few years?
>>
>>68743945

Pretty easily

I actually think it's one of the best things Linklater has made and I'm a huge fan of his.
>>
>>68743945
Yes
>>
>>68743945

definitely
>>
>>68744052
>>68744160
>>68744433
same fag
>>
>>68743945
yes
>>
>>68744976

sounds like someone hasn't seen the movie

I would agree with the other anons.

I'm guessing the main reason this is such an easy thing to agree to is that there have been so few good comedies in the last few years, not to harsh EWS though. It's great.
>>
>>68744976
>4 posters
>>
>>68743945

I walked out of the theater when they started rapping rapper's delight

did I miss anything
>>
>>68744052
I completely agree
>>
>>68745234

please don't say that this is true

please god
>>
why do people watch movies like this? it's all just "WE'RE YOUNG AND HAVING FUN!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>68745343

do you even know who Richard Linklater is?
>>
>>68745298
I swear it's not as bad as you think it is.
>>
>>68743945
Yes, it's almost as good as Dazed and Confused.
>>
>>68745386

No I mean, please god don't say that you actually walked out on that sequence.

That may be my favourite sequence in the movie. I love how the movie has so much buoyant energy that even a 2 minute car ride is infused with a sense of infectious joy.
>>
>>68743945
Meh, it didn't do much for me.
>>
>>68743945

seeing it for the third time in a few days. going to bring in a few beers and have an amazing time.
>>
>>68745448

did you not have any fun in college?
>>
>>68745532
My college years were pretty miserable.
>>
>>68745562

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you have had some fun experiences post-college.
>>
>>68743945

Finn is one of my favourite Linklater characters. such a charming motherfucker
>>
>>68745441
Kek, I get that man. I've had similar experiences, though in my opinion not nearly enough.

>tfw 19 and should be living more by now
>tfw all I do is make awful shorts and post on a Vietnamese cooking forum
>tfw I'm dying from the inside because this is literally all there is to my life
>>
>>68745343
But Dazed and Confused and this are fucking awesome.
>>
>>68745684

It's cliche advice but you really should try to have as much fun as you can at your age. I'm 25 now and fun isn't really a thing anymore. Drunkenness now is usually just tinged with embarrassment and regret. And the real world is as bad as they say. You've still got a few years left. Fortunately I stacked up enough fun experiences that now I can sit and fondly indulge in nostalgia as my life withers away.
>>
>>68745684

>making shorts

at least your creating something, I shitpost, memepost, and fish for (You)'s on /tv/ for the majority of my day.

I occasionally take a break and watch tv or walk my dogs, but I don't work because I hate the people in my state and town
>>
Is it online yet? I don't even remember being in my theater
>>
>>68745750

I find Linklater's movies so easy to just watch over and over again. Dazed and Confused, School of Rock, Before Sunset, Boyhood, and Waking Life are a few of my most watched movies and I'm guessing EWS will get there once it gets a blu ray release. I hope to hell Linklater does a commentary on it. His commentaries are so great and capture the same spirit that his movies do.
>>
>implying it won't be The Nice Guys
>>
>>68745776

not online, only had its release earlier this month. it's received a relatively limited release though and unfortunately it hasn't performed very well in the theaters it has expanded to so it may not even come to your city.
>>
>>68745764
It's so frustrating because I've kinda built my life up around the idea of being a filmmaker since I was about 16 (initially it was to get over a girl, haven't had anything close to her since) and it's gotten to the point where I almost never talk about anything else.

As you can imagine, this limits my friendbase and opportunities to party.
>>
>>68745896

that movie looks atrocious
>>
>>68745902
That's a shame
>>
>>68745920

Ah I didn't realize how serious your film ambitions were. Well those are more significant than having drunken parties.

It's amazing to me that Linklater managed to spend enough time playing baseball that he got a college scholarship to play ball while also partying, chasing girls, smoking dope, watching countless movies (sometimes as many as 6 or 7 a day), creating a hugely influential film society in Austin, and ultimately becoming arguably one of the best American directors around
>>
>>68745298

I was just trolling you. I saw that bit on Fallon and I did cringe a little, though.

Ill check it out on blu ray when its time
>>
>11 posters

jesus the samefag is real
>>
>>68745957

Dazed and Confused wasn't very popular when it came out either.

I'm guessing EWS will become a cult movie when it gets released though.
>>
>>68746017
See, and there's the thing. That's the one thing I'm sorely lacking in: experience. Linklater can tell a fuckton of stories because he's been through a ton of interesting shit. Hell, apparently Dazed And Confused was ripped almost verbatim from his own life.

I ain't got jack shit. This summer I want to try and change that, start doing way more.
>>
>>68746099

how do you know? are you a wizard
>>
>>68745945
I think it looks fucking awesome, but to each their own.
>>
>>68746137

That is a good point. Anyway, at 19 you still have the next few years/summers to have the kinds of experiences depicted in these 2 movies. If you're in Canada you're legal so you can start tearing shit up asap.
>>
>>68746246
Maybe I should head to Canada for a while.

Thanks, anon.
>>
>>68743945
no Deadpool was. But this was close.
>>
>>68747295

lol
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.