[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everyone so eager to shit on this show? It's like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: 1461628214734.jpg (529 KB, 907x1355) Image search: [Google]
1461628214734.jpg
529 KB, 907x1355
Why is everyone so eager to shit on this show? It's like you guys were just waiting for it to air so you could nit pick it endlessly. You guys are blowing all these "issues" out of proportion; yeah, I agree the Dorne plot is fucking trash. But good god even the Sopranos had the gay Vito storyline.

Seriously, people freaking out about this season WHEN THERE'S BEEN ONE FUCKING EPISODE. Give me a break.

People hate this show because it's popular. It has low hanging fruit to appeal to the normies, but is pure kino at the same time.

Basically, this place is an acidic wastebasket with miserable douche bags circling poor /got/ just trying to drain enthusiam for the show any way possible. bitter CUNTS
>>
>its pure kino

toppest of keks
>>
>>68741087

Maybe its because I read the books during the time you were literally sucking on your mom's tits?
>>
No people hate it because it used to be great, many of us got drawn in and read the books just to realize the author is a fat and lazy fuck who can't finish them and now we're stuck with this adaption that has gone from great to absolutely horrible in the last 3 seasons.
>>
>>68741124
You mean you read the wiki
>>
>>68741087
>even the Sopranos had the gay Vito storyline

I hate that I'm unable to defend this. Greatest show of all time, but Jesus Christ that was pointless.
>>
>Let's follow the book, the reason people are watching.
>FUCK THAT SHIT!

Show is boring as well. You could at least forgive it diverging from the source material if they'd at least made it interesting.

But it just sucks. And it's a bore. That's the biggest crime.
>>
the gay Vito subplot from Sopranos is nowhere near as bad as the bullshit Game of Thrones pulls on an episodic basis. if you can't understand why people are criticizing the bad acting, terrible dialogue, huge plot holes and completely inconsistent characterization then shut the fuck up
>>
>>68741188

>Implying you could wiki the SOIAF

Doesnt work like that. Too many characters, too many POV, too many subplots and off-screen implied events.

Thanks for trying though pleb.
>>
Season 5 was irredeemable trash and season 6 isn't off to a great start. People are understandably underwhelmed and upset that the show continues to be shit, stop being a butthurt fanboy.

I don't say this often, but LITERALLY nothing happened. It's actually pathetic how uneventful this premiere was.
>>
>>68741087

Thoros of Myr > Smelly Melly
>>
>>68741087
because it has gotten bad and even the actors know it.
>>
>>68741146

This desu senpai

We're mostly bitter. The show used to be good, promising. It's a shell of its former self.

And the fatman will never ever finish the goddamn books.

So we're either getting no closure or a disappointment. Pick your poison.
>>
>>68741087
>People hate this show because it's popular. It has low hanging fruit to appeal to the normies, but is pure kino at the same time.

Basically, this place is an acidic wastebasket with miserable douche bags circling poor /got/ just trying to drain enthusiam for the show any way possible. bitter CUNTS

Hey OP, I would probably agree with you more or less here. but hear me out; Game of Thrones used to be, and probably still is my favorite show. Despite all the shitposting about how bad it is, I was very excited for the new episode, like hype beyond measure excited. And I was so fucking disappointed with the first episode. Mainly the Dorne thing, I must admit- but it sets such a bad precedent for the rest of the season. Of course I will still watch it, with an open mind- but I am deeply disturbed with the first example we've been given on what havoc D&D can truly wreak on this story. How can you not see it? If you've read the books, think about it: what the fuck are they actually doing? They cut out the Aegon storyline and quite literally destroyed the Dorne storyline in one of the worst ways they possibly could. These are both very important int he book world. Maybe just how terrible that alone was has left me bitter, and I'm overlooking some of the better parts of the episode, but in my opnion what's worst is the power, and furthermore potential to fuck up, that D&D have demonstrably flaunted.

I can only hope it gets better from here. The bar has been set pretty low
>>
I actually liked it, though it's definitely not what it used to be. I haven't read the books so I don't know what Dorne was supposed to be like, but even I could see so much wasted potential in it and that's disappointing. I've been tired of Dany's storyline for a whlie, but I'm definitely interested in seeing Tyrion and Varys working together in Mereen against a faceless rebellion so that's cool. I'm still really into Arya's story.

One thing I'll give them credit for is two storylines I didn't care for at all are really interesting to me now: Sansa and The Wall.
>>
>>68741087
>why doesn't everyone here like to have two Jews taking a shit down their throat

You need to go back you nu-male cumrag
>>
>GoT fanboys actually think this

Just stop. The writing is shit, plain and simple. They aren't even trying. Even The Walking Dead has less illogical nonsense than this.

I mean if TWD had an episode with this many contrivances and plot holes all you bitter neckbeards would be ripping it apart, but because its GoT and "muh patrician HBO show" you actually try and defend it and pretend it all makes sense.
>>
>>68741656
whoa m8, I'm not going to defend GoT's shitty writing as of late but comparing it to TWD is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>68741087
Sopranos had more dumb storylines nobody cares about than GoT.
>Oh no! Tony's fucking a crazy goomah (again)
Nobody gives a shit
>Oh no! AJ's attempting suicide
Nobody gives a shit
>Oh no! Meadow got BLACKED
Nobody gives a shit
>Oh no! Something about Christopher Columbus day
Nobody gives a shit
>Oh no! Vito's gay
Nobody gives a shit
>Oh no! Vito's son shit on the floor because his dad's gay
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>68741712
No, its really not. First couple seasons of GoT were way better than any of TWD, but they're pretty much equal at this point.

Although I really can't think of anything in TWD as mind-numbingly insultingly fucking stupid and terrible as the Dorne plot.
>>
>>68741826
>Somebody put a zombie in the watering hole
How can you defend this Dragon Ball Z tier filler?
>>
>>68741380
OP here, this is a great post. No surprise that it goes completely ignored.
>>
>>68741727
Plebs like you don't deserve the privilege of watching the Sopranos desu senpai
>>
I'm a fan of the general plot point of Doran getting assassinated. It works well in the context of the book because so few people realize he is actually scheming. The show has such shitty writers that nothing they can do can possibly be good.
>>
>>68741380
>They cut out the Aegon storyline
You misspelled "fAeogn"
>>
>>68741712
Lol love it when people here criticize writing. You really think a room full of writers, with the pressure of delivering a top-tier, quality product, would just push shlock through in favor of time?

Fuck yourself. The writing is not the problem, shit casting is (see generally, Sand Sneks)
>>
>>68741974
Prove to me that any of those storylines were worth a damn
protip: you can't
>>
>>68742053
People who can't act deliver lines convincingly are the problem.
>>
guys, sorry im a newbie on /tv/, but;- what is "kino"? has it to do with keanu powafuls? And who/what is "D & D"?

yours truly.
Anon
>>
>>68742053
There's nothing acceptable about the way Dorne is written. Ellaria and Doran are both excellently cast, I think, and both actors do a really good job, but they're horribly misused. Agree that the sneks are terrible though.
>>
I want to know how Whip Snek and Spear Snek were on the boat with Trystane. They were quite clearly left behind with Mama Snek and Bad Pussi in 5x10.
>>
>>68741316
>but LITERALLy nothing happened.
How do you figure? Sansa and Theon just joined up with Brienne and Pod; no matter what they do advances the plot. Everything this episode was just building towards a common end.
>>
The Dorne story is pretty bad....they knew that and tried to salvage it. I would have rather got more into what hodor was doing than Dorne. I am also not a big fan of what is going on in Mereen. Seems like that whole religious cult thing is dumb. Same with the high sparrow. What is with all the religious crap? All of a sudden the sparrows rule Kings landing?
>>
>>68742464
Didn't Cersei more or less give them power over the city?

Then they threw her in prison and fucked her up because she's a stupid incestuous twat who was not and has never been subtle.
>>
>>68741146
this
It's like a cruel practical joke, and I'm going to complain about it anonymously to other people who feel the same way
>>
>>68741293
>Too many characters, too many POV, too many subplots
You just listed all the reasons why the show HAD to deviate from the books. It would be impossible otherwise

THE BOOKS AND THE TV SHOW HAVE BECOME SEPARATE ENTITIES DEAL WITH IT
>>
>>68742464
No religious cult in Meereen. Literally the former rules and families of former rulers waging gorilla ware on Dany because she's a dumb bitch who destroyed their way of life.

Think of the Sparrows as a true uprising. They removed the corrupt from office, and by Cersei's grace were given permission to arm a private militia. There's a lot of fucking dudes fighting for the Seven now after all the shit Westeros was put through during the War of the Five Kings. King's Landing has no standing army, so the Faith Militant imposes it's will with impunity since the City Watch is shit.

High Sparrow was the best thing about season 5. Pryce is fucking great.
>>
>>68742464
Turns out the masses are more willing to support a religion than douchebag nobles who are constantly shitting on them.
>>
>>68741146
i was never good
>>
>>68741087
Because it was GOAT in the first few seasons. It's sad watching a show become so incredibly shit. I have accepted the fatman will die before a proper ending is released and so I shit post about it, making people like you that for some reason still like it, feel as miserable as I do. Fuck you and fuck this show.
>>
>>68742608
>>68742588
agreed
The sparrow uprising was cool as fuck and makes sense for a city with a poor majority run by cunts. I'm not rooting for the sparrow by any means, but his dynamic is polar opposite with any other ruling power and religious fanatics and their followers is definitely a hallmark of medieval based fantasy
>>
>>68742088
>Oh no! Tony's fucking a crazy goomah (again)
Tony's a degenerate and every girl he fucks brings him further from the family life he's desperate to keep. It's not a coincidence they all resemble his mother; she's the primary cause of his psychosis and her memory keeps destroying his life from beyond the grave.

>Oh no! AJ's attempting suicide
Meadow and AJ are like opposite aspects of Tony, they get very little from their mother. Meadow is passionate about protecting the innocent and defenseless, which is why she was choosing between a career in law or medicine. Tony's shown the same inclinations towards animals, Ralph's girlfriend, his children, etc. The difference is Meadow is able to move past her vices and actually accomplish something good.

AJ is a culmination of the shit passed down from Tony's family. He's a sad, weak loser who's unable to find love. He's just as fragile as Tony is emotionally, but he wasn't raised to suppress it. Tony's bout of depression in one of the early seasons is exactly how AJ responded to Blanca breaking up with him. Him trying to kill himself and the embarrassment it causes is a fatal blow to Tony's self-esteem and proof he'll never escape his rotten genes.

>Oh no! Meadow got BLACKED
Absolutely haram desu
>>
I don't get the hate, either. Every season has a recap where it tries to explain/elaborate on everything that happened in the finale. The season will surely get better once they start focusing on singular storylines again.

And everyone here wants to see the wildlings pillage the watch for what they did.
>>
>>68741261
Defending gay Vito
I mean, come on, you fucking cuck.
>>
>>68743407
this is a good point
>>
>implying Dorne isn't fucking animal in the books
Before season 5 everyone complained it would be bad because it's based of the two worst books.
Everyone acts surprised when it's bad.
Dorne is just as fucking shit as it is in the books but since it's the show they have some how slaughtered the best story in the book.
No one liked Dorne in the books until the show showed just how shit that story is regardless of who you plug in there.
>>
Books 4 and 5 were shit. The Dorne story was dumb there too.
>>
>>68744837
Martin is literally better than Tolkien for including strong woman characters and if you disagree you're a shitlord
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.