[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watching this for the first time in five years, I thought this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 14
File: V.jpg (20 KB, 603x783) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
20 KB, 603x783
Watching this for the first time in five years, I thought this was the shit when it came out, and I think it holds up. Plus Hershlag is my jew waifu, and she put on a great preformance.

Anyhow, is V for Vendetta /tv/ approved? Capeshit-flavored dystopia that goes down smooth.
>>
Bamp. Also, anyone got any rare Natalie pics? Posting what I got
>>
File: Natalie-Portman.jpg (86 KB, 300x499) Image search: [Google]
Natalie-Portman.jpg
86 KB, 300x499
Would give a nut, a liver and a kidney for one day with 2001-2004 Natalie
>>
>is V for Vendetta /tv/ approved
No
>>
>>68735652
Why ever not? Aside from the basement-dwelling NEET protagonist, that is.
>>
>>68735815
reddit
>>
Thought it was pretty good. Liked the reporter character a lot, and always enjoyed vs introductory scene and monologue. The comic is overrated but they definitely should have made v more of an anarchist creating a flawed society rather than play him off as a good guy.
>>
File: stefavatar_400x400.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
stefavatar_400x400.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>68736691
>>
https://youtu.be/a8PLEwybWcE
>>
>>68736838
Stephen Fry was definitely the british cherry on top of the casting. I also enjoyed the government official slowly uncovering the conspiracy. Much more well-rounded plot than I was expecting, and the imagery is great.

If anyone is bored, go through and look for all the "V"'s hidden in the shots.
>>
V for Vendetta is childish garbage and genuinely insulting to anyone who's ever read the source material.
>>
Voila, in view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition!

The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily. This vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me v.
>>
File: 1454269713146.jpg (151 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1454269713146.jpg
151 KB, 800x600
>>68736998
>Whaa internet people use a popular mask to try to conceal their identity so this movie is shit
This board tho
>>
Movie: Marxist vs Conservatives
Novel: Anarchist vs Totalitarianism
>>
File: Stephen Rea v for vendetta.jpg (79 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Stephen Rea v for vendetta.jpg
79 KB, 1200x800
>>68737225
I had to see it. There wasn't much left. But when I was there it was strange. I suddenly had this feeling that everything was connected. It's like I could see the whole thing, one long chain of events that stretched all the way back before Larkhill. I felt like I could see everything that happened, and everything that is going to happen. It was like a perfect pattern, laid out in front of me. And I realised we're all part of it, and all trapped by it.
>>
>>68737309
>>68737409
Who gives a shit? "B-but it's not like the books" is not valid criticism for a movie. Judge the movie, idiot
>>
>>68737508
True to an extent. The wachowsky degenerates at least tried to do something with source material, instead of say copying the movie straight from the source material except where it matters, like he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned-because-it-triggers-capeshitbabbies.
>>
>>68734670

the dyke shit ruined this movie for me.
>>
>>68737409
>Im-fucking-plying

More like anarco-socaialism vs totalitarian conservitism. The government in the movie is obviously hostile to its own people, it incarserates and executes anyone who goes against its policies. Its definitely not just "left v right", you wandering goddamn /pol/ock.
>>
File: 1461043161242.gif (1 MB, 245x157) Image search: [Google]
1461043161242.gif
1 MB, 245x157
>>68734670
I thought it was a lovely movie
>>
>>68737724
Literally a 10 minute sequence which is never revisited
>>68737632
That capeshit that was copied directly from the source material was an enjoyable watch
>>
File: Portman.gif (2 MB, 300x434) Image search: [Google]
Portman.gif
2 MB, 300x434
>>68735119
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (339 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
339 KB, 571x540
>>68737869
>That capeshit that was copied directly from the source material was an enjoyable watch
Its not the worst thing ever, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this.
>>
>>68737964
Hnng. Thanks anon
>>
>>68734670
>is V for Vendetta /tv/ approved?
No. Try /b/
>>
>>68737309
It is pretty watered down and Americanized, but I think the movie is still decent. Haven't seen From Hell, but V is the best Moore adaptation I've seen.

I know. It's not saying much, but I thought they did a decent job and the movie was needed in America. Dunno if people got the message, but the message was needed.

Also, sidenote, I remember when the movie came out I had to make a shitty paper mache mask because they weren't selling those plastic ones. Epic fail, guys.
>>
>>68738227
True oldfag
>>
>>68737436
>>68737225
>I also enjoyed the government official slowly uncovering the conspiracy.
I found it funny that they made sure he didn't take drugs in the movie version. Right? Been a while since I saw it.

Heaven forbid a supposed liberal and somewhat anarchist movie has drug use in it.
>>
>>68738296
It's all a blur for me, but I think this was before /tv/ was around, so if you wanted to post about American films like this you had to post on /b/.

Huh. I guess I was the one of the first fags to pose in a Guy Fawkes mask on 4chan. What the fuck did I start?
>>
From time to time I hear people say this is relevant or irrelevant to situation in China.

I think it's irrelevant. But where is the fun when it's irrelevant.
>>
>>68738577
At least you can proudly say you're an oldfag and post proof if anyone claims otherwise.
>>
>this is the peak of the Smith guy and his relationship with the wachowski sisters
>the sisters couldn't have taken him anywhere higher
>>
>>68738302
I don't recall that happening, but I was more emphasizing that Stephen Rea gave a really good performance. He's one of those criminally underused (at least in the states) character actor that always brings a little bit of charm to even minor roles.

Really the whole cast is pretty great, even hershlag bring a little something extra, and I really don't care for her as an actress.

>>68738227
>Haven't seen From Hell
Meh. There's a reason no one talks about it.
>>
>I read Quran to appreciate its beauty

Triggered.
>>
>>68738577
DELETE THIS IMAGE. The guy on the right died from Salmonella poisoning after poorly cleaning that chicken wrapper.
>>
>>68738896
goodnight, sweet prince

wait.. are we allowed to say that anymore?
>>
File: Dad_knows_the_truth.gif (213 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Dad_knows_the_truth.gif
213 KB, 300x225
>>68738877
>Are you Muslim?
>Heavens, no! I'm in television.

Oy vey
>>
File: affleckackbar.jpg (9 KB, 138x165) Image search: [Google]
affleckackbar.jpg
9 KB, 138x165
>>68738790
Well, also they only wrote the film. They didn't direct it.

>>68738877
It is a beautiful book. You can appreciate it as literature and for its linguistics. The original Arabic is finely crafted poetry. The words actually make some fantastic visual artwork on their own.

It's not the book's fault that so many assholes take it as an excuse for hatred and violence.

Perhaps the same could be said for all religions.
>>
>>68739266
If I'm going to learn a language for literature its going to be french... Or maybe polish so I can read based Lem in his original language.
>>
>>68739266
Except the fact that Fry's character obviously cannot speak a word of Arabic

Which means the book is put there not even for any form of beauty but to trigger people

And this is consistent with other things he did. He didn't like anything except trolling.
>>
>>68739660
A brit living for banter on all levels. Who'da thought.
>>
>>68734670
They ripped off the anonymous mask wow.
>>
>>68739660
I think it was that he was saving it because they wanted to destroy it. Like on principal. He didn't just have a dime store copy, it was obviously something a little more special, set up as much for display as anything else. I mean you're not going to be able to turn the pages while its in a museum case.
>>
>>68739266
>Excuse for hatred and violence
>Not enjoining hatred and violence
>>
>>68739266
>it's poetry it rhymes
I admit I don't know Arabic. I admit I have no way to see for myself if Koran is beautiful or not. I reserve my opinion on that matter.

Therefore I find it strange and bothering to see people who have no Arabic comprehension to praise the book for its beauty, when they are apparently not moved by the book itself but by some other motives.
>>
>>68741012
I suspect those other motives are virtue signalling driven by a desire to appear accepting of other cultures, even if the aspects of other cultures they're praising are barbaric, blood-soaked myths masquerading as morality and a guide to living that go against most liberal principles they claim to support.
>>
>>68741355
It had a much better editor than the bible or jew-bible and does have some literary merrit as far as religious texts go. I won't defend the faith (but I don't have to, there's a billion of those fuckers) but there is also something to be said about respecting people's right to not get smashed in the face because they root for the wrong sky wizards, even if those same people wouldn't do the same for you. I mean isn't that what morality is there for anyways (by some arguments) because man is inherently shitty, and if he doesn't have an arbitrary playbook to live by he's less than an animal?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.