[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I watched the first episode (well, the double episode) and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: miami-vice-13.jpg (205 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
miami-vice-13.jpg
205 KB, 1440x1080
So I watched the first episode (well, the double episode) and it was pretty cool, mainly due to the setting, music and chemistry between Crockett and Tubbs
also dat Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight scene

my question is whether this show goes to shit at any point and if so, when to stop watching

some fuckboy on imdb said s4 and s5 weren't worth watching, is there any truth n this?

thanks friendos
>>
There are weaker episodes for sure but if you ike the show its worth watching the rest if the series. 4 and 5 were considered weird because it got very dark which desu senpai is more relatable now.
>>
First two seasons are a must. Season three ditches the pastel colours, brings Dick Wolf on as showrunner and marks the end of Mann's active involvement with the show. Still worth watching if you're a Mann fan.
>>
Is that an actual black dude?
>>
>>68734652
Where are you watching it?
>>
>>68735421
Got em off theplebianbay

>>68735003
>>68735068
aight cool,

I'll see if I'm invested enough with the characters enough after 3 in order to carry on through 4+5
>>
>>68735203
yes you jive ass turkey, black people acted like human beings once upon a time
>>
Definitely worth watching, amazing series :)
>>
File: miamivice.png (869 KB, 1052x800) Image search: [Google]
miamivice.png
869 KB, 1052x800
The last 2 seasons are definitely worth watching there is just a bit of a difference in tone and writing. To me, fifth season Crockett is the epitome of coolness.

The impact of this show I feel is often overlooked because of the flamboyant clothing and flashy imagery that brings that 80s feel to our attention before the actual content. But Vice is in fact one of the most important television dramas, especially in terms of cop shows, that there ever was.

Visually, every element of the show was painstakingly obsessed over by Mann, down to wall color and Sonny's shoes....I'd imagine most viewers were watching the speedboats and Testarossas back in '86, but in hindsight, it is a beautiful looking show with an extreme sense of detail regardless of its 80s-ness.
>>
>>68736748
You found some good links? Would you mind posting them, brother? I wanna watch it too.
>>
>>68741539
The first season is available on 720p HDTV WEBRips, BTW.
>>
>>68740072
Yeah, just from a directing standpoint it was ahead of its time and is better than even a lot of modern procedurals in that regard.
>>
ian somerhalder in blackface
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.