[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Drugs expand your mind! >The US government is fascist/full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14
File: Hicks gif.gif (1009 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Hicks gif.gif
1009 KB, 500x375
>Drugs expand your mind!
>The US government is fascist/full of nazis!
>Oswald didn't kill JFK, M-MUH GRASSY KNOLL!
>Has literally said "WAKE UP AMERICA"
>"LOL GOATBOY"

Bill Hicks: The Edgy Teenager of the Internet, But For Comedy
>>
I never understood why he got so much praise from other comedians.

His entire act was just him ranting about shit he didn't like. It wasn't particularly clever, either.
>>
>>68731388
Yeah, Bill Hicks is absolute shit. I nearly dropped Preacher when Ennis started jacking off about how much he loved Hicks.
>>
File: James.png (307 KB, 361x501) Image search: [Google]
James.png
307 KB, 361x501
>>68731388
>criticizing a guy who, for all his faults, actually made you think

You are the cancer that destroyed this place and is now proceeding to destroy humanity. Everything you touch, is shit. YOU are shit. Everything you will ever amount to, everybody you will ever know and everything you will ever do, will be shit.

You rob everything of its integrity and you spew your "buzzwords" as though they're gospel. You brag about accomplishments that aren't yours to what passes for your "friends" and they reward you with empty applause. Empty. Like everything else in your life. You have never possessed one ounce of dignity, honor or self-respect. Others do not respect you. In all likelihood they will NEVER respect you.

I do not wish death upon the likes of you. I do not wish for you to end your vapid, hollow existence. Instead, I revel in the knowledge that, with each year that passes, you will descend more and more into the despair and depression that will inevitably follow your teenagehood. I wish I could be there to see the look on your face as the revelation hit you. The revelation that you are nothing and always have BEEN nothing. I wish I could be there to tell you, "I told you so" with a wry smile on my face.

That this will never happen, is my only regret. Enjoy what passes for your life, child, because in a few years when adulthood hits you with full-force, you will not even be REMOTELY prepared for it.
>>
>DUDE LET'S MAKE A CHANGE
>Meanwhile works as a comedian

Laff.
>>
Yeah dude isn't funny. Neither is George Carlin. They both just sound like my dad
>>
>>68731710
>actually made you think

>advertisers are scum
>fuck republicans and Ronald Reagan
>fuck Milly Vanilli

What a profound mind.
>>
>JKF wasn't an inside job
literally brainwashed
>>
>>68731388
The reason why people like him is because he was the first popular comedian to say this shit, mean it (I'm guessing), and actually have it be funny.
>>
>>68731843
>>advertisers are scum
supremely butthurt marketer detected
>>
>>68731898
Wrong.
>>
>>68731710
New Pasta?
>>
File: BEANS.png (376 KB, 855x474) Image search: [Google]
BEANS.png
376 KB, 855x474
>>68731843
>cherrypicking a mere three examples from a myriad of things Bill Hicks informed people about
>cherrypicking "Milli Vanilli" despite it, at the time, being somewhat relevant

Like I said. You're cancer. You're an example of the "new millennial", a generation of ADHD megatards trying to cling so desperately to what's hip and cool that you've lost all sense of identity.

You know what? Keep living. Holy fucking shit, do you amuse me.
>>
Every time I look at Bill Hicks I see Roseanne Barr.
>>
>>68731937
Not even.

It's just so obvious that it doesn't even need to be said. How is taking a stand against commercials edgy or thought-provoking?
>>
>>68731555
Are you talking about Hicks or Carlin?
>>
File: 1386956220187.gif (916 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
1386956220187.gif
916 KB, 245x285
>>68731710
>>68731988
>dumb person says dumb things and makes other dumb person feel smart
>someone else says that everyone involved is dumb
>Wow open your mind a bit you you caveman clearly just aren't an enlightened thinker like I am maybe try and see the bigger picture you should read about Plato's allegory here's a wikipedia link educate yourself ;)
>>
>>68731988
Damn, you're edgy.

Hicks would be proud.
>>
I wish I was dead Bill Hicks.
It's easy being dead Bill Hicks.
>>
File: Antonio.gif (213 KB, 331x203) Image search: [Google]
Antonio.gif
213 KB, 331x203
>>68732099
>>68732107
>these are the type of people who'd have no problem signing the dotted-line and joining the military

Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.
>>
>>68732271
>gets mad that someone criticizes his favorite comedian
>suddenly goes on a rant about the military

You're an odd one.
>>
>>68732271
>>68731988
>>68731710
kys.
>>
>>68732371
Oh, it's no secret that the most devout of Hicks-detractors are sickeningly-patriotic military supporters. Ohhhh sayyyy cannnn youuuu seeeee.

[hand over chest intensifies]
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459784047628.jpg (39 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459784047628.jpg
39 KB, 463x469
>>68732271
Let me guess, you dad was a rigth wing conservative that treat you like shit because of the beta failure you are, and you go ranting on this brazilian fabela discussion imageboard about how you superior and stronger that all the sheple.

Well i am afraid you have a strong case of Fedora Tippeus
>>
>>68732804
>muh assumptions
>>
File: Ryan.gif (484 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
Ryan.gif
484 KB, 500x249
>>68732804
A nigger, a Jew and a grossly-obese Mexican walk into a gay bar. They approach a fat, cum-gargling faggot with a 2-inch-long, always flaccid penis using an Apple product at a table. "You wanna come back to our place?" the nigger asks the faggot. "You can toss my Mexican friend's rancid herpes-and-shit-covered salad and jerk my Jewish friend's wart-and-pimple covered penis while I ram my giant unlubed nigger-cock into your gaping oft-fucked asshole." "Oh, literally nothing in the world would make me happier!" says the faggot. "But first i need to post a picture of an unattractive man tipping a trilby hat, on 4chan's Film & Television board. It will just take a moment."
>>
File: logo-large.png (3 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
logo-large.png
3 KB, 284x115
>>68732755
>this fucking post
>>
>>68731388
to understand things from "back then" and why they are considered great, you have to understand what it was like "back then". Lenny Bruce's comedy is lame as fuck but back then it was cutting edge shit. you are really young is all.
>>
File: lEQ5PBt.gif (87 KB, 304x185) Image search: [Google]
lEQ5PBt.gif
87 KB, 304x185
>>
>>68733404
It baffles me how the current generation has lost the ability to understand relativism
>>
File: mrwitness.jpg (23 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
mrwitness.jpg
23 KB, 500x385
>>68731388
>drugs expand your mind
Never said that- he says drugs can do good. KYS
>US government is fascist/full of nazis
Never said that- he said a totatitarian government rules the planet. Sounds like you don't know what fascism is. KYS
>Oswald didn't kill JFK
Never said that, he just mocks the government explanation. And he said this back when JFK was a fresh topic. KYS
>Said "Wake up America"
Quote out of context. KYS
>Goatboy reference followed by no criticism because OP is too cowardly to put forward criticism or is trying to incite a circlejerk.
KYS

Sounds like there's only one thing to do, OP.
>>
MICE ARE JUST FAGGOT RATS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrgwZsGC9A
>>
>>68734160
literally fedora-tier
>>
>>68734294
>literally fedora-tier
proof you're retarded
>>
>>68734030
I see you never actually listened to his comedy.
>>
>>68731555
he gets praise from other shit comedians

like edgelords who love stanhope
>>
>>68732240
I wish I could be judged on two hours of material.
>>
>>68731388
Alex Jones.
>>
>>68734160
Holy shit what an autist
>>
https://youtu.be/JtAkLGLviGk?t=1h16s

I never knew how bad Hicks was until i watched this.
>>
Bill Hicks sucks. So does Carlin.

They honestly are not funny. Yelling about things they dislike isn't even comedy. It's sub-Jeff Dunham. It's Carlos Mencia-tier.
>>
>>68735513
Can those faggots go more than a minute without laughing?
>>
>>68734971
Stanhope was right when he ripped into people trying to compare him to Hicks and said that he's better than Hicks ever was.
>>
>>68735648
That era of comedy was a sad one.
>>
>>68735654
>WHY ARE THESE FUCKING COMEDIANS LAUGHING??? COMEDY IS SERIOUS
>>
>>68732075
Carlin was actually a talented performer though, and even his most political specials had more jokes than preachy bits
>>
>>68735654
comedy with jokes? inconceivable
>>
>>68735768
source?
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2012-11-30-12h29m53s51.png (242 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2012-11-30-12h29m53s51.png
242 KB, 640x480
>mfw I get to laugh at /tv/'s shit taste in comedy every single day
>>
File: 1447976327576.png (260 KB, 352x315) Image search: [Google]
1447976327576.png
260 KB, 352x315
>>68731710
I have so many good reaction images for this comment it's unreal
>>
File: 1461440846540.jpg (26 KB, 404x378) Image search: [Google]
1461440846540.jpg
26 KB, 404x378
>>68731710
>>
>>68731555
He makes them think that their craft is worth more than the humor itself. I love comics and can't blame them for wanting to believe that their profession does/should change lives, but it does not, and it should not. Comics should reach for laughs, not applause. Rant comics are worthless, and that includes not only Hicks but Carlin and Stanhope as well.
>>
>>68732409
Graduate high school.
>>
>>68732949
Pastaaaaaaaaa
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.