[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Roygibi.jpg (87 KB, 625x410) Image search: [Google]
Roygibi.jpg
87 KB, 625x410
What went wrong /tv/?
>>
>>68729321
Lazy writing.
>>
>>68729321

It was actually better than Chronicles and Pitch Black IMO.
>>
>>68729418
your mom has a lazy abortionist
>>
>>68729321

People just didn't like it. It was a pretty good movie, but I did enjoy Pitch Black more than either sequel.
>>
>>68729321
they let Diesel write and direct it.

You know how Vin Diesel looked and acted awesome in the first Fast movie? Then looked jacked and cut and acted great on Pitch Black? And the same thing as his first movies? Then as time went by and he built a name for himself he just kinda sat back, said "I'M VIN DIESEL" and got fat and stopped trying to act?

Know how he always get half-way through every movie setting himself as a badass, then just rides that wave and half-asses the rest of the movie and his character just goes capeshit because you are still feeling the "wow, this guy might be a badass" ?

It's the diesel effect.

Riddick had the same thing. First act of the movie is Diesel setting himself up as the ultimate badass, you got survival shit, dude fending off evil mud scorpion shit, budding up with wild wolf hyena and getting in touch with his animal side. Second act of the movie, we see the culmination of such badassery, Riddick starts going after Mercenaries, kill them one in front of the other, leave cleaver traps to work their nerves, etc. Third act is just Vin Diesel ridding the wave he set up in the first and second acts.

Except this time the diesel effect completely faded and the wave died before it hit the end of the movie.

If he wanted his movies to work he would hand over the script to another competent director (I'd love to see Riddick in the hands of Ridley Scott or someone who knows their Sci-Fi shit), start chalking up his acting skill and hit the fucking gym. Instead he just wants a cash cow movie and something to further his own ego.

No shit Dwayne Johnson is out working him.
>>
>>68729321
they had to make theatrical cuts. The director's cuts are way better
>>
>>68729764
>Second act of the movie, we see the culmination of such badassery, Riddick starts going after Mercenaries, kill them one in front of the other, leave cleaver traps to work their nerves, etc.

I do agree, he literally turned a lesbian into a straight woman by stalking her.
>>
>>68729812
>by stalking her
nigger what. He made the lesbian fall for him because he said that badass line and then beat up a bunch of aliens. She didn't know he was stalking her
>>
>>68729321
Nothing. It was a low budget sequel/side story designed to gauge how many people are still interested in he franchise. Trust me, next one will be Chronicles on steroids.
>>
>>68730183
I hope so. I really liked chronicles
>>
>>68730242
Chronicles is patrician tier desu
>>
>>68729321

Nothing went wrong. The movie was simply dropped after Pitch Black.

Vin Diesel literally pitch selled Chronicles by himself and funded Riddick mostly alone.

He has been keeping the series alive alone and it's been slowly paying off. Both movies where relatively successful, if you consider the explosion of capeshit movies and how hard it is to get any action flick out there that isn't capeshit.

Marvel has been trying to buy the rights to the Riddick character ever since Chronicles, and Diesel hasn't sold out.

The fact Diesel recently announced that a Riddick tv-series and two other movies are in the works proves that the franchise is far from over.
>>
>>68730360
>and Diesel hasn't sold out.
YES
>Riddick tv-series and two other movies are in the works proves that the franchise is far from over.
AWW YISS
though I'm skeptical about the tv show
>>
>>68729321
>What went wrong /tv/?

IT HAD LESS KARL URBAN

We needed more Karl Urban for this movie.
>>
>>68730514
You can literally google it.

Last news is from Nov. 2015 where he says Universal just gave him a literal fuck-ton of money and said "Do it".

They are also getting a new director.
>>
>>68730648
Well now I don't have to! Thanks, anon.
>>
>>68729321
I like the Riddickverse, you can see elements of a huge story that's bubbling away in the background but we never really see properly on screen. I'm looking forward to how it continues.

Although it's not a common view, I like Chronicles *because* it's an overblown space opera. It's the 'fat lady singing in German' of the series. Plus it's incredibly comfy.

Although there are missteps in the franchise, without Vin Diesel's determination and single vision we'd never have got one of the best movie based video games, one that holds up incredibly even now.
>>
>>68730648
Get George Miller
>>
Chronicles tried to do too much, it should have been split int two movies.

Riddick was good but he was too OP. I hope that gets rectified in the next film.
>>
>>68730755
Riddick needs to be put in situations that he can't punch or shoot his way out of.
>>
>>68730755
>Riddick was good but he was too OP.

He is literally a superhuman from a planet of extinct superhumans.

That and he was the king of the necromongers.

He probably got some necromonger power by proximity.
>>
>>68730514
>>68730648
New Riddick game when
>>
>>68730706

Watch as Riddick becomes a mute incompetent while Charlize Theron becomes the protagonist.
>>
File: riddick 3.jpg (338 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
riddick 3.jpg
338 KB, 1400x788
>>68729321

Only thing I wish they would do is more world building. Having Riddick as the focal point is fine. You get to see things from his perspective. The second movie was great because it expanded the universe. It showed the greater goings on.

The third movie dropped the ball because it felt like a rehash of the first. Desert planet, random slashy alien animals. And oh no its suddenly dark, time to use my convenient see in the dark vision!

The character is pretty shallow, its the setting that makes it interesting.
>>
File: latest.jpg (70 KB, 685x354) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
70 KB, 685x354
>>68730866
Like this
>>
>>68730937
>>68730948

Rumours that one of the new films will be Escape from Butcher Bay
>>
>>68730972
Man I hope toombs comes back in a later movie
>>
>>68730901

He had plenty of close shaves in Pitch Black and Chronicles. Riddick is him blowing the fuck out everyone without breaking a sweat.

Still hyped for whatever comes next.
>>
>>68730937
3rd game is supposedly going to be an MMO
>>
>>68731022
i just want more riddick movies, but less like the last one - the last one was really garbage :( oh and please no more lesbian bullshit...
>>
>>68730986

GET
FUCKING
HYPED

Isn't happening tho.

Unless we got 1 billion people to sign a petition or something this idea would just blow right over Diesel's bald oily head..
>>
>>68730583
Every film needs more Karl Urban
>>
>>68731069
>>68730986
I thought 4 was going to be an origin story
>>
>>68730986
Butcher Bay was pretty much an interactive movie, so I don't see the point. Plus they'll have to de age Riddick and Johns
>>
>>68730947

I wonder how Fury Road would've gone down it they replaced Max with Riddick.
>>
>>68731062

Lesbians are really just straight women in denial
>>
File: michelle forbes.jpg (40 KB, 305x450) Image search: [Google]
michelle forbes.jpg
40 KB, 305x450
>>68730986

Would rather they do an Assault on Dark Athena adaptation.

Mainly so she reprises her role.
>>
>>68731160
he would have waited until sundown and then fucked everyone up
>>68730986
>>68731215
need to replay those games desu
>>
>>68731215

Sadly, they'd probably get some annoying feminist actress to play that role tho.
>>
>>68731160

1) He wouldn't have even been captured in the first place

2) He would've hidden in the War-Rig "all back of the bus" and ditched Furiosa and the wives as soon as he got the chance... or would probably convince the redhead to go with him.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.