[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't people like her? After fucking Foggy and Karen's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: elektra-netflix.png (2 MB, 2157x1307) Image search: [Google]
elektra-netflix.png
2 MB, 2157x1307
Why don't people like her?

After fucking Foggy and Karen's whiny bitch bullshit she was such a refreshing character and made Daredevil be a bit like the cool hero he's supposed to be.

Matt being a badass with her is so much better than him constantly apologizing to his two gay coworkers.
>>
>>68726426
Too bad she's [spolier] Dead for now [/spoiler]
>>
She ruined the action scenes. With two good guys fighting the scenes all became these incredibly wide tableaus which were just exhausting and ugly. And, her introduction marks the beginning of every character's motivation falling apart or turning on a dime.
>>
>>68726426
why are her nostrils so big?
>>
>>68726426
She's a crazy arrogant bitch who fucks up Matt's life. By the end of the season we know there's a very good reason she acts the way she does, but first impressions are hard to shake.

Also Foggy and Karen working on Frank's trial (and everything else involving Frank, for that matter) is way more engaging than Elektra and Matt dicking around with a bunch of ninjas.

Foggy is kinda whiny, but he has a right to be because it was Matt's idea to defend Frank, and then Matt basically fucks off and does whatever he wants and leaves his friends hanging.
>>
>>68726426
She only seemed like a good character in comparison to Foggy and Karen. She's still a terrible character.
>>
>>68726557
This plus a 93lb woman doing half the things she did took me out of the action.

Season 2 should have just been DD vs Punisher. The vague magical ninja stuff seems so poorly done.
>>
>>68726811
>By the end of the season we know there's a very good reason she acts the way she does
Do we? Because her whole arc and the magic ninja bullshit is so vague and underdeveloped that I'm pretty sure we learn absolutely nothing about the enemy faction or their motivations.

Agree on your other points.
>>
>>68726923
>This plus a 93lb woman doing half the things she did took me out of the action.
We are discussing a show where a BLIND MAN fights off any number of trained NON HANDICAPPED people.

Is this really a valid criticism?
>>
>>68726426
Because she insanely smug and the actress seems to be trying too hard.
>>
>>68726782
That's just how she is
>>
I loved her character, but her story arc wasn't that great
>>
>>68726426
i dug her character more than the Punisher. i thought the Punisher was kinda lame, honestly. nothing much to his character. Bernthal did his best with weak material, though. Elektra, on the other hand, was a bit all over the place but she was such a breath of fresh air after those first few torrid episodes.
i don't get why people constantly complain about the ninjas and shit. it's a comic book series, after all. silly shit is to be expected.
>>
>>68727010
>Do we? Because her whole arc and the magic ninja bullshit is so vague and underdeveloped that I'm pretty sure we learn absolutely nothing about the enemy faction or their motivations.
Alright, it might not be a very good reason, but it is a reason.
She's the >muh chosen one of an evil cult, killing people is part of her nature.

Seeing more of the Hand's motivations and methods would have been better, because as it is they are kinda saturday-morning-cartoon villain tier in a show that is otherwise pretty serious. However, it IS a TV show, they can't spoil everything right away. They're going to bring all this Hand stuff back eventually, so some things need to stay mysterious.
>>
I like the character but I hate the actress.

People would've liked the character with a better and hotter actress.
>>
>>68726811
>''Ello Maffew, never yew mind all dat legal nonsense, we've got immortal ninja vampoire kids to investigoit!'
>>
>>68727039
The actress allegedly has been doing martial arts for years but she was super clumsy, frail and slow looking in all the action scenes. So fucking slow.
>>
Forget about her. What's the deal with that fucking hole?

>wow the hand is digging a huge deep hole in the middle of hell's kitchen lol let's never mention it again
>>
>>68727405
Found the martial artist
>>
>>68727237
God I hope not. I was willing to accept ninjas in season 1 because I figured that Nobu fought like that as a sort of honor ritual. I thought they were "modern ninjas" like corporate hitmen or whatever with an agenda.

Now that they are literally just TMNT ninjas with bows and arrows, I'm out.

Also their chosen one was chained up in a shipping container last season, I like how everyone forgets this, characters included.
>>
>>68726426
I liked her. The whole black sky thing didnt really make sense but her accent is sexy
>>
>>68727039
A blind man who has a sixth sense.
His character is superhuman. Elektra's physical prowess isn't, she's just strong and well trained.

God forbid they have the girl do some strength training after they cast her or cast an athlete or something.
>>
>>68727518
you do know that TMNT is a ripoff/homage to Daredevil right?
>>
File: moot.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
moot.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>68727518
I think accepting that at heart it's still a Marvel show based on a comic book, and that made it a bit more tolerable for me. It's a show about a blind superhero after all
>>
The actress and the character of Elektra were fine. It's the story arc that was pretty lame. Unfortunately she doesn't want an Elektra solo. I hope she comes back and they give be a more interesting plot to work with.
>>
>>68727518
They're gonna stick Elektra in the big Countess Bathory regeneration casket, so you can bet your ass it will become a plot point again. If not next season, then season 4.
>>
File: 1454854652636.jpg (80 KB, 477x580) Image search: [Google]
1454854652636.jpg
80 KB, 477x580
>>68727634
You can boil anything down to "it's just a movie/game/tv show".

Doesn't mean you can't criticise the change in tone and mediocre marriage of two very different stories into one season.
>>
>>68727734
I get you bruh, that's just how I try to look at it. I also hope they tone down the magic stuff
>>
>>68727700
Oh, I know. They couldn't have left it vague, just show them digging up her fucking body as the two guys with super hearing leave.
>>
>>68726426
>Muh few
>>
>>68727425
They're digging a hole to China, idiot.
>>
>>68728126
why dont they just take a plane?
>>
>>68728293
Ninjas arent allowed on planes, you donut.
>>
File: whodatninja.png (358 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
whodatninja.png
358 KB, 480x640
>>68728330
>>
>>68728456
Is this a real film.
>>
File: fat-bitch.jpg (123 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
fat-bitch.jpg
123 KB, 480x640
>>68729299
"yes"
>>
She's an annoying womanchild with a shitty accent.
>>
what. only retards don't like her, and it's a vocal minority. the only bad thing about Elektra was that she's related to the Hand, but if you notice it's as soon as she and Matt split and she starts playing a lesser role that it gets shitty.

if you dislike a character it should be Stick for being a gimmicky cliche who makes Elektra worse with two shitty plot twists
>>
>>68729823
>shitty accent
spotted the faggot
>>
>>68729970
Spotted the britcuck
>>
>French accent
>combat prowess deviates even more than Matt's
>Mortal Kombat costume
>another Mortal Kombat costume
>looks so bad during fight scenes it's like they slowed everyone's choreography so she won't stand out as much
Though the choreography all season was pretty mediocre.
>>
She's fucking gorgeous in the show but just regular hot in other pictures or films. I don't get it. Props to costume and hair, I guess.
>>
>>68731480
shes sexy because of her accent and personality
>>
>>68726426
>Why don't people like her?

Because she remembers Gal Gadot
>>
File: carlos.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>68727425
>Forget about her. What's the deal with that fucking hole?
it's a plot hole
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.