[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Godzilla (2014)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 41
File: godzilla-2014-poster-wallpaper.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
godzilla-2014-poster-wallpaper.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
What went wrong?
>>
>>68726116
Not much

It's amazing how this movie had a better profit to budget ratio than batman v superman and got 2 sequels confirmed on opening while the dceu looks to e in trouble
>>
>>68726116
Deciding to make it a generic "soldier fights while trying to live and find his family" movie, as he is a young actor and can star in possible sequels, rather than making Cranston the main character
>>
>>68726116

You didn't look at the fucking catalog and see the other Godzilla thread.
>>
File: 1400425404551.png (214 KB, 818x796) Image search: [Google]
1400425404551.png
214 KB, 818x796
>>68726116
oh man do I remember this movie being constantly talked about before the release and then it just kind of died out
>>
File: 1458179211373.jpg (96 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458179211373.jpg
96 KB, 600x600
I went into it saying to myself "as long as they dont overdo the obligatory military stuff it will be fine"

then they overdid the military stuff
>>
>>68726180
Mine is more aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>68726116
Not enough Godzilla
>>
>>68726287
This.

I almost wish the movie didn't even bother with the MUTO shit and just kept the focus on the humans dealing with Godzilla wrecking their shit. That's the impression that the early trailers gave off years ago, and those got me fucking hyped.
>>
>>68726350
>That's the impression that the early trailers gave off years ago, and those got me fucking hyped.

lol, those were proof of concept trailers, what a bunch of bastards
>>
>>68726398
I'm mainly talking about the first comic con teaser with the Oppenheimer voiceover and the later one that showed the Halo jump. Those were actual trailers for the movie and they implied that it was just Godzilla being a rascal.
>>
>>68726116
Literally nothing, this is a perfect example of kinosatsu
>>
The whole idea of cutting away to human shit right before Godzilla was about to do something wasn't pleasing and got pretty old quickly.
>>
it fucking sucked, predictable, nothing interesting.
BORING AF

people who like it have literally no taste whatsoever
>>
>>68726632
I honestly think that in at least one of those cases, namely the airport fight, it was because of the studio stepping in. The news report shit made it clear that they had shot and rendered at least most of that fight, it only really makes sense that it was minimized like that because the producers thought it would be too much or something like that.
>>
Nothing.
>>
It suffered from Roland Emmerich envy

>protagonist with troubled family life, a hot nurse/doctor wife and a kid. They all keep falling assbackwards into the plot a far too convenient number of times.

I'm surprised they didn't give the kid a chronic health condition to cap it off.
>>
that grannyfucker as the main lead
>>
>>68726116
Boring as fuck human parts.

At least in Godzilla v. Mechagodzilla they had murderous space apes
>>
Abysmal casting, especially the main leads. When your massive CGI lizard emotes more than the generic amateur in your lead role, you done fucked up.
>>
>>68726116
Same thing that's gone wrong with most blockbusters these days.

The script was second fiddle to the storyboard.

They put all their energy into a handful of cool shots that would look awesome in the trailer and completely neglected the stuff that goes in-between: I.E. the actual movie.
>>
>terrible leading actor.
>Godzilla wasn't in it enough.

That was basically it.
Most of it was pretty good and it had potential.

>"Let them fight."
>doesn't show them fight ffs
>>
>skip out on going to a party to see this hyped up movie with my buddy
>only 11 minutes of Godzilla
>>
>>68726116
The titular monster had 5% of screentime.
>>
I can't help but think Brian Cranston's character was supposed to be the lead and Kick-ass was supposed to die but they rewrote it at the last minute. I mean that kid is so bland and lacking in motivation but if Cranston was doing almost the exact same things everything just makes more sense both for the story and the character. Like at the end when Kick-ass has to use some clockwork bomb from 40 years ago that he only knows how to work for some reason. It seemed like that was written for Cranston since he had been working with nuclear power back in the 90s and 80s and it seemed like he would have some experience with these older bombs.
>>
File: 1460320503213.png (283 KB, 676x572) Image search: [Google]
1460320503213.png
283 KB, 676x572
>"You watch those classic monster movies, you watch Jaws, Alien, and what do you see? The actual creature appears just a little bit. Why waste it? why not save it for the important part? it's almost like a rule: the less a monster appears on your movie, the better it becomes.We don't want to make a Dogshark vs Crocoptopus flick. We are making a film" -Gareth Edwards
>>
>>68726116
They took a monster movie and decided to make it a disaster movie focusing on human drama with occasional monsters
>>
>>68726169

This

Cranston was the only interesting character

His son was flat and fell into the save his family plot

Ken Watanabe was wasted with just giving looks of OMG and lines such as "Let Them Fight"

At least Godzilla built up the monster and had it fight other monsters.
>>
>>68726116
They squandered all of their resources.

The key to a good Godzilla movie is making sure every moment he's on screen is satisfying. He needs buildup, yes, but it all comes down to satisfying that buildup. Almost every single scene featuring a Kaiju was a cocktease cutaway that returned with the event either done or already happening. When the final fight finally came around, I stopped caring. The fire breath was neat, but had no where near the hype it would've had if they hadn't cockteases me so many times with Godzilla actually doing something. I think Godzilla X Mechagodzilla is a good example, because the Big G isn't in it a lot: You feel his presence when he's absent, and you get some really satisfying moments with him after his buildup with the main character. Edwards squandered all of it.

Speaking of squandering, you give Cranston, a really entertaining actor, a strong pathos, a drive to be at the locations he is at, a serious connection with the Kaiju, and eccentric yet flawed character traits, and you kill him off to focus on a block of wood whose only reason for being involved is that he just so happens to be good at Godzilla missions.
>>
>>68727854
Ken Watanabe was phoning it in HARD in that movie.
>>
File: 1460145271434.jpg (121 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
1460145271434.jpg
121 KB, 500x412
>>68726245
>tfw all that hype when the tsunami/airport scene was shown on comicon or wherever and someone posted a camrip
>>
Spoiler alert: mostly everything.

If you've got an hour, I'd appreciate a listen.. Lots of shitting on Garrith Edwards follows: https://soundcloud.com/anything-but-qualified/414-rogue-one-trailergodzilla
>>
Kickass
>>
FWIW I don't entirely blame Edwards. It was an out-of-the-box, self directing action movie. They literally coulf havr gotten any number of young directors and had the same movie. Gareth was there to put a name on the poster and make sure the lens cap was off.
>>
>>68728922
del Toro was considered but he was busy doing Pacific Rim, he would have included way more monster scenes
>>
File: 1446966825942.jpg (66 KB, 251x257) Image search: [Google]
1446966825942.jpg
66 KB, 251x257
The fact that Godzilla occupied like 20 minutes of the film.

Listen, I get it, Godzilla can't be the bulk of the movie, but instead of filling the dead air with Colonel Kickass's boring plot, give it to Cranston.

Why did they kill him so soon?
>>
>>68729547
What makes you say that? Honestly I didn't think PR had enough fight scenes either.
>>
>>68726167
This, great movie
But you know what's really crazy? Jurassic World had an even lower budget than Godzilla did and it's the fourth highest grossing movie ever made. And JW was like a 6-7/10 movie
>>
I'm tired of seeing the lanky, pale, spider-monster that crawls on all fours
>>
File: 1461607028704.jpg (99 KB, 491x750) Image search: [Google]
1461607028704.jpg
99 KB, 491x750
>>68727939
Ken Watanabe phoning it in was still more entertaining that Quickass's sleepwalking performance.

Also I stand by the point that the film needed more Godzilla.
Not Godzilla fighting, but Godzilla being observed and characterized.
In the end of the movie it's supposed to be thrilling and uplifting that this giant lizard is actually fighting on humanity's side, but it loses a lot of weight because we've barely seen Godzilla's face before that point.

Also fuck Edwards for not including at least one shot in the final confrontation in the classical Toho perspective.
>>
File: cgi.jpg (161 KB, 536x683) Image search: [Google]
cgi.jpg
161 KB, 536x683
>>68731005
what kinda monsters you want famboy?
>>
>>68727386
Succinctly put. I'm blown away by the number of people that were fine with the complete mess that is the script. It's like someone told em that the movie is a high art character drama and they just believed it without actually paying attention.
>>
>>68727727
Imagine the emotional gravity of a father son bonding over trying to save the world from giant fucking monsters. The movie has a perfect setup, but it trips and kills cranston's character too early, leaving us to spend the rest of the movie with a tree stump in army fatigues who saves people we have zero connection to.
>>
>>68726116
Nothing really. Probably could have used a little more Godzilla and not killed off Cranston. But its still one of my favorite movies in the last 5 years.
>>
>>68726116
> 30 minutes too much runtime
> 100% uninteresting human characters
> seriously they were just too fucking perfect in every way. I didn't even remember any of their names, let alone gave a shit about any of them
> the amount of godzilla was fine, this was made by the guy who made Monsters and I loved that movie
> JOIN THE ARMY
> AMERICA, FUCK YEAH
> Godzilla saving the day, peacefully swimming next to fucking battleships
> Cranston was only in it to upll BB fanboys after the hype of the series' ending

it was a very cool concept. I mean when the ass-kicking on godzilla's side FINALLY started, it was soooooooooo fucking awesome and satisfying HOLY SHIT.. Nobody can deny that.
But yeah, I am sick and tired of mainstream blockbusters that are longer than 90 minutes. It's not necessary. Never.
>>
File: 1461609855057.jpg (97 KB, 980x1280) Image search: [Google]
1461609855057.jpg
97 KB, 980x1280
>>68727781
I sure hope that that WB exec leak is actually true and they're forcing Edwards to abandon that retarded premise for the next one.
>>
>>68732051
they are gonna show Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah on the sequel anon! they can't just cameo them
>>
Not a bad movie desu. Could have had a more charismatic lead.
>>
>>68732412
The problem with Edwards seems to be that he doesn't understand that the kaiju have become characters in their own right in the eyes of the fans.
They're more than just walking special effects.
I want to see Mothra's compassion, Gigan being a coward and King Ghidorah being a dick.
>>
>>68726116
The HALO scene wasn't 90 minutes long.

Seriously though, it was a pretty good movie except for the human element. I'm not opposed to that on principal, because godzilla movies always had way less godzilla than think, but the problem was the human side was just so boring at flat.

I think everyone agrees the movie is pretty great until Cranston dies (seriously, why do they always bait and switch him in movies), and then just torpidly flops about until its time for the climax fight scene.
>>
>>68731033
>Ken Watanabe phoning it in was still more entertaining that Quickass's sleepwalking performance.
That's so fucking true. They fucked up and cast two actual actors and then killed them off, or sidelined them for kickass and scarlet witch. Who made that decision.
>>
>>68726116

Everything but Godzilla.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1088
thoughts?
>>
>>68733257
Kind of excited for it, but not loving his flailing tail. It also sucks there probably wont even be a limited theatrical screening in the us.
>>
Nothing went wrong. Amazing film.
>>
Besides the cockteasing, uninteresting human characters, and killing Cranston, which have been mentioned, I think the film was seriously flawed from the start.

First, the marketing lied, promising a badass Godzilla as a villain type movie with Cranston trying to save the world from him and uncovering a mystery. Instead, the bad guys were the MUTOs and everyone who mattered already knew Godzilla existed for like decades. Hell, even the audience is introduced to Godzilla in the fucking opening credits. This makes him not mysterious at all, so having to go along with Kick Ass as he learns of his existence is redundant and stupid.

Not to mention the fact that Godzilla isn't even a force of nature, or an animal protecting its territory, but literally a kaiju sized super hero with a homing beacon to evil MUTOs, the entire point of his existence being to defend his Earth from baddies. He's not even close to what Godzilla should be thematically.

Also the writing sucked, the sound design seemed constantly in slow mo and underwater (kaiju footsteps barely making a noise, roars sounding weird and distorted, though mostly because there was the shit score underneath every roar), and also:

The airport scene sucked. Mostly since we had already seen Godzilla in the credits so "revealing" him was dumb as fuck and pretentious. And the time we actually see Godzilla fight fucking sucked too. Dark as shit, worse than plebcific Rim (which I rewatched and bumped from a 4/10 to a 5 recently). His atomic breath was like stupid liquid plasma shit and honestly the whole thing just sucked. It's a piece of shit film by a hack director and a cunt studio. Fuck this. Marshall better at least make the new Kong decent but I bet even he will fail.
>>
>>68733257
I'm loving everything about it so far. Scary fucking rad design, cool cinematography in the trailer, plus Anno. Can't wait
>>
>>68726548
>Almost Not Showing Godzilla
>Kinosatsu

Fucking Disgusting
>>
>After a bidding war with Funimation, Universal, and STX Entertainment, New World Cinemas will distribute the film in United States.
>>
File: aaron-taylor-johnson.jpg (61 KB, 366x586) Image search: [Google]
aaron-taylor-johnson.jpg
61 KB, 366x586
>>68726116
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68733618
>Ethnicity
>English
What?
>>
File: 1461143922927.png (111 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1461143922927.png
111 KB, 600x476
>>68732051
>stirrup leggings
>mid-foot left bare
I could cut diamonds with my boner
>>
SKRONKED
>>
>>68726169
This. Soldier dude and his plight was boring.
>>
>>68733710
He is both an Anglo and a Jew. The worst kind of person.
>>
>>68733813
What plight? He's only ever slightly inconvenienced at best. Every time there is an obstacle to overcome, someone else just waves it away for him, until he's in a situation where he's the only human on the planet with specific knowledge to do the job.
>>
>>68733501
you, my friend, are autistic
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 640x905
>>68726350
Then I think you'll like the new trailer
http://youtu.be/3WkxVHyzivg
>>
>>68733501
>Godzilla becomes fucking Mothra
>>
>>68734559
Dude holy shit, you are totally right
What a fucking faggot Gareth Edwards is
Literally kill urself Gareth I know you're reading this you fucking queef
>>
>>68734163
the tail looks way too big
>>
File: g_in_usa_by_gamerag3-d878kq4.jpg (179 KB, 827x612) Image search: [Google]
g_in_usa_by_gamerag3-d878kq4.jpg
179 KB, 827x612
>>68733718
Godzilla is the prettiest girl.
>>
Godzilla stopped the bad guys and caused less destruction than Man of Steel
>>
>>68734880
Did you even looked at your pic?
>>
>>68726116
The movie should have been Cranston and his son save the day.
Those scenes where they were in Japan were the most interesting.
>>
File: kek kek kek.jpg (67 KB, 330x559) Image search: [Google]
kek kek kek.jpg
67 KB, 330x559
>>68734880
>Zilla 98 has spina bifida
>>
File: GOJI.jpg (831 KB, 1651x1261) Image search: [Google]
GOJI.jpg
831 KB, 1651x1261
>>68733501
>>68734559
That's not what happened though. Mothra fights on moral grounds to protect some mystical concept of good. LegendaryGoji exists solely to kill and eat other large scale disturbances to the natural order (which is: Godzilla at the top, everything else below him), "good" or "bad" be damned. It's not the '54 theme for sure, but I think it's still a great one.
In short: this is a Godzilla that considers any territorial threat food. I love him. Hopefully we see more of that side next time (I'm excited, especially considering comments from staff at Legendary).
>>
>>68735164
>Mothra fights on moral grounds to protect some mystical concept of good.
I only remember Mothra fighting when someone tried to kill her eggs or steal her little fairy twins.

Now Leo... he kicked ass because he was all out of bubble gum.
>>
>>68734880
>Godzilla 2014 will never dominate you and make you into her slutty pet

Just
>>
>>68734924
holy shit, that is actually true without hyperbole. I will use this in MoS threads to make murderman apologists look stupid
>>
>>68735282
Watch Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster buddy

Mothra wants humans and monsters to share the planet in peace and repel bad boys like Ghidorah
>>
File: godzukie.png (66 KB, 178x162) Image search: [Google]
godzukie.png
66 KB, 178x162
>>68735529
>And is describe, in universe, the say way everyone describes Mothra.
What did he mean by this
>>
>>68735536
How about you stop bumping those threads and validating their shitposting with replies instead anon.
>>
>>68735282
Mothra's always out to defend her people. If you don't threaten the natives then she's totally benevolent towards humans.
>>
>>68735583
Shit, all the Kaiju live on Monster Island, Earth. They don't need a shitty three headed asshole wrecking their planet any more than anyone else did.
>>
>>68730743
People fucking love dinosaurs man.
>>
>>68735164
No, Mothra always fights to preserve Earth, not because Good or Evil. To the point of not giving a single fuck about Humanity.

And Bathra is outright genocidal against Humanity.

You really watched any Godzilla's movie with it? Or just the solo movies?
>>
File: carnosaur2-2.jpg (32 KB, 650x482) Image search: [Google]
carnosaur2-2.jpg
32 KB, 650x482
>>68735723
Patricians love carnosaurs man.
>>
>>68735893
Any more examples of dinokino?
>>
>>68735164
One of the other theories I heard is that Godzilla in this version sort of subsides on radioactive Energy.
So when they tried to bomb him in the 50s, they actually fed him.
Thus Godzilla considers humans bros on account of giving him free stuff.
>>
>>68726116
>turned a Godzilla Movie into ARMYWANK the movie

Even in the ones focused on the Jap army at least had Godzilla have an extended fight scene at the end with the big bad. Not only did they cut away from the main fight every 60 seconds to have army men do shit, the figth wasn't even that entertaining.
>>
>>68726116
The ONLY thing wrong with this movie was the MC's terrible acting

not even the corny plot is out of place for godzilla

everyone is retarded
>>
File: 1461119293812.png (598 KB, 1366x571) Image search: [Google]
1461119293812.png
598 KB, 1366x571
Commendable effort, Edwardo-san.

But today I will remind you.
>>
>>68734854
Godzilla's tail is long
>>
>>68734163
O H S H I T N I G G A
>>
File: 1460582880495.jpg (588 KB, 1277x527) Image search: [Google]
1460582880495.jpg
588 KB, 1277x527
>>68736256
It's much much longer now, it's actually taller than him by a good margin
>>
File: 1459063969593.jpg (32 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459063969593.jpg
32 KB, 604x311
>>68734924
oh wow
>>
>>68736293
Godzilla use his tail to fight... so a big tail is bad?
>>
File: theodore rex.jpg (467 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
theodore rex.jpg
467 KB, 1000x1500
>>68735955
Seriously though, there were at least 3 Carnosaur movies before I eventually lost track.
>>
>>68736426
No, but it is awkward as when it looks like its moving around like its a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man.
>>
File: 1459439239740.jpg (158 KB, 908x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459439239740.jpg
158 KB, 908x1000
>>68736484
The sins never die
>>
File: Unbenannkekt.png (19 KB, 715x561) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannkekt.png
19 KB, 715x561
>>68734924
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>68734924
Top kek
>>
File: 1459265191634.jpg (59 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1459265191634.jpg
59 KB, 456x386
>>68734924
Spot-on
>>
File: bettercallsaul.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bettercallsaul.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>68736547
it is clearly a metaphor for the struggle of a man, who doesnt think it's hip to be square
>>
It's a retarded story on pair with power rangers script to begin with
>>
>>68734924
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 1460950442924.png (114 KB, 424x480) Image search: [Google]
1460950442924.png
114 KB, 424x480
>>68736692
>>
>>68735800
I'm speaking most about Mothra's solo movies, yes, but it's preserved in Godzilla movies as well. Mothra fights on behalf of her locals and is outright benevolent and accepting of the idea of peace (GTTHM, Ebi, etc.- I'd say GMK but that was a ridiculous outlier admittedly) should her people not be in danger.
That's different from LegendaryGoji. If you're large enough, he's going to kill you. Not for preservation's sake, but just because that's how the natural order is.
>>68736085
I doubt he considers humanity "bros" but he did tank those nukes for sure.
>>68736221
Can't wait for this guy. As much as I like LegendaryGoji, ShinGoji really does seem like the movie we were teased with from Comic Con 2012. Don't kill off ShinGoji in his first movie pls Anno
>>
>>68736547
I think the point of this design was to make Godzilla look spooky and grotesque.

The other Godzilla designs simply made him look like a large animal that could exist in some form or another. This one looks like something that shouldn't exist, an abomination.

The unnaturally long tail adds to that.
>>
>>68726116
>What went wrong?
Every part of the story centered around Kick-Ass and the military.
>>
File: 1400091500794.png (349 KB, 406x393) Image search: [Google]
1400091500794.png
349 KB, 406x393
>>68736999
>I doubt he considers humanity "bros" but he did tank those nukes for sure.
Somebody here on /tv/ said that it's like this.

Humans produce delicious radioactivity, therefore Godzilla actively tries to avoid destroying their habitat too much. We are like a beehive to him. He doesn't really care for us, but he does like honey.
>>
>>68737146
Unnaturally long tail has a point too. You can see the carcass of a whale attached to it, so I'm assuming that this is a post-Oxygen Destroyer Godzilla that picked a ton of stuff up while healing in the ocean.
I just wish it looked like it had more weight to it.
>>68737271
>his design was also partially inspired by a bear
Pottery
>>
>>68737146
Again, it isn't the length of the tail. Its how it moves. It absolutely doesn't sell godzilla as being a gigantic abomination when its weightlessly flailing around.
>>
Does Godzilla has a gf?
>>
>>68733257
Japan designs a "scary" monster

>Alright guys, so, what's it gonna look like?
>"LOTS OF TEETH! POINTED ONES!"
>Guys, come on, we do that for EVERYTHING, and it's not even that scary to begin wi-
>"YEA, AND RED!"
>W-what? Red? What do you mean red? Like, he's bleeding? Why the hell would he be constantly bleedin-
>"NAH, LIKE, HE GLOWS RED AND SHIT"
>Oh...Okay, so like, uh, radiation?
>"NAH, HE'S STILL A BIG DUMB PREHISTORIC DINOSAUR, I JUST THINK IT LOOKS RAD!"
>Oh....You know what...I think I'm just going to resign. I think I'll see you guys later.
>"OH, AND LETS MAKE HIM AS STIFF AS A FUCKING BOARD, LIKE, BATMAN 1989 LEVELS OF NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN PROPERLY OR MOVE HIS HEAD"
>God I fucking hate this place...Moving to America as soon as possible
>>
>>68737625
Me
>>
File: 1461348902048.jpg (27 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1461348902048.jpg
27 KB, 636x636
>>68737630
>>
>>68735536
>>68734924
Except General Zod could kill both of those muto's without even trying, you retards.

Try again.

It's like saying "Rambo stopped the bad guys and caused less damage". It's retarded.
>>
>>68726116
Too many long boring human scenes. Nobody care about Kickass or his wife. Cutting 20 minutes of human shit would have improved the movie a lot.
>>
too much focus on the humans and their point of view. the trailer had all the best shots in the movie exactly because of that, because the camera wasn't bound to a POV.
>>
File: 1461612441428.jpg (1 MB, 1210x1706) Image search: [Google]
1461612441428.jpg
1 MB, 1210x1706
>>68737625
>>
>>68726116
absolutely nothin-....Actually...

>not enough Godzilla
>not enough kaiju fights
>not enough Breaking Bad Malcom's dad
>>
>>68737680
new meme, or frog-poster equivalent?
>>
>>68726116
One of my favorite modern blockbusters. I don't really have anything against it. The way they showed the fight in Hawaii was pretty weak I suppose.
The sequel should be even better.
>>
File: 1445020283399.jpg (36 KB, 340x448) Image search: [Google]
1445020283399.jpg
36 KB, 340x448
>>68737630
>>68737685

was it autism?
>>
>>68737680
>>
>>68737630
fuck off /co/mblr
>>
>>68737931
/co/mblr

Boy, that was more forced than your mother pretending she enjoyed having sex with your dad before she got pregnant with you.
>>
>>68737680
Is that your sister, turk roach?
>>
>>68737967
There's nothing forced about being one of the most despised boards on 4chan kiddo. Oh wait I forget you think everyone loves you and you're the best somehow.
>>
>>68737685
>Except General Zod could kill both of those muto's without even trying
so?
only a tripfag can be this retarded.
>>
>>68737630
>>68737967
>>68737685

Filtered.
>>
>>68738030
Ok.
>>
>>68738064
>so
>only a tripfag can be this retarded

Yea, unlike being as retarded as yourself, blatantly ignoring points others make because your a Marvel kiddy.

Don't you have some quips to watch?
>>
>>68738138
Fuck off degenerate retard go back to /co/ and /r9k/

http://desustorage.org/_/search/tripcode/!MAxPETUTTk/page/1/
>>
>>68726116
It was movie about some guy and godzilla, not just godzilla.
>>
>>68726116
they believed the >it has to have human drama meme

all we wanted was to see godzilla fucking shit up.
>>
>>68737513
how should it be according to you?
>>
>>68738138
nice kneejerk reaction, mate.
but really, so what? what has zod being able to kill mutos has to do with superman being more incautious than godzilla?
what points did you make that I ignored?
you come in here, derailing a godzilla thread to tripfag and to spout lazy memes
I also never said anything about marvel
>>
>>68738200
>Go back to
>didn't even check the first board I posted on

Kek, what a newfag, go back to 9gag dipshit.

>>68738343
>>68738064

Nice kneejerk reaction mate.
>>
File: zilla.jpg (2 MB, 2634x2364) Image search: [Google]
zilla.jpg
2 MB, 2634x2364
The fact Godzilla looks like a thunder thighs no neck mcfatty with barely any screen time and just slowly lugs around ignoring any and all humans only to fight some random mutos that steal the show

Also, Why is she so perfect?
>>
I'm still mad they didn't properly sequel tease at the end of the movie.

>Dr. Serisawa: What about escalation?
>Gozilla: Skreeonk?
>Dr. Serisawa: We start building Maser Cannons, they develop drills for hands. We build a MOGUERA, they send UFOs from planet Zero
>Godzilla: Skronk?
>Dr. Serisawa: And, you're a gigantic Apex Predator. Firing Laser breath. Now, take this guy.
[pulling out a file]
>Dr. Serisawa: Destroys Sidney, thousands dead or missing, has a taste for the theatrical, like you. Leaves a calling card.
[shows Godzilla a giant container with three crowns inside]
>Godzilla: SKREONK
[turns away and walks into the ocean]
>Dr. Serisawa: I never said thank you.
>Godzilla: [looks back at Serisawa] Skreee! (And you'll never have to.)
>>
>>68738266
>it has to have human drama meme

The first movie was all about the human drama.
>>
>>68738318
not him, but I would say it should move slower, because large things appear to move slow.
>>
>>68738431
Fuck off /co/
>>
>>68738318
Smashing your family's house while you watch in horror and utter despair, you weedy little heap of shit.
>>
>>68738422
>The fact Godzilla looks like a thunder thighs no neck mcfatty

Spotted the insecure jap.

Quit being such a skinny pathetic beta and maybe you won't be so insecure, faggot.
>>
>>68726116
Killed off the interesting character, lame subplot focusing on the wrong aspect of the movie, and Godzilla becoming our pal at the end.
>>
>>68738397
>blatantly ignoring points others make because your a DC kiddy
thanks for not answering and thanks for proving that all tripfags are cancer
>>
>>68738422
>The fact Godzilla looks like a thunder thighs no neck mcfatty
but that's the perfect Godzilla design
>>
I would refer to this as 'cockblock: the movie'. Every time you think something great is going to happen/Godzilla is going to kick ass, the camera cuts away to to focus on the boring ass cardboard humans watching Godzilla kick ass. At one point a big kaiju fight is being teased to the audience as watched on television by characters in the movie. Why not show us the actual fucking fight instead of the same frustrating shots of characters staring in awe at the fight? This happened multiple times, as if the movie deliberately wanted to piss you off.

It wouldn't have been a problem if the human characters were compelling and/or interesting to follow, but they chose to kill off the one that might have been able to hold the movie in the first 20 minutes. The rest were boring as hell, I felt nothing for them. There was nothing good about it apart from Godzilla himself, and he was in it for maximum 12 minutes.
>>
>>68738657
Right? That's what Godzilla has always looked like, unless its 1998 Godzilla.
>>
Godzilla should have been the only monster. It should have also been a horror movie, keeping true to the original black & white film.
>>
>>68738796
I'm pretty sure Toho will do exactly this later this year
>>
File: 1410837664199.png (343 KB, 307x493) Image search: [Google]
1410837664199.png
343 KB, 307x493
>>
>>68736484
DELETE.
THIS.
>>
>>68738688
I actually like Zilla. Design is neat, original Godzillas are too fat looking and they move so awkwardly
I also do enjoy the fact it's not overpowered as fuck and impervious to almost literally fucking everything while also having literal atomic breath
the baby zillas are cute too
Honestly the only thing I really don't like about the 1998 version is the stupid romance subplot between the cunt and her cuck ex boyfriend
I get that it's camp and silly but so are most of the jap godzilla movies, at least it's fun
As far as the 2014 version goes I felt it had a great start up to to when the second muto appears, after that it kinda drags on forever until finally the final showdown
Dad dieing and leaving us with the mary sue son was also pretty bad
>>
>>68738900
I'm so excited about the Toho version this year. It's the Godzilla I've been waiting for!
>>
>>68726116
If a lot of the fat had been cut and it was better edited it would have been 9/10

As it is though it's a 7/10 for being overly long and segments that just drag.
>>
>>68736484
Whoop a Gawldburg
>>
>>68739002
I liked the "ZIlla" iguana design too. The movie had both pros and cons, just like the latest film. To me, Godzilla has beefy legs & t-rex arms.
Kek, yeah the son was a total Mary Sue.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Godzilla should hang dong in the next film?
It's 2016. Time to let that dongzilla swing free.
Maybe even a full penetration scene with a ladyzilla?
Action scene
Full penetration
Action scene
Full penetration
etc. etc.
>>
>>68739002
>Design is neat
>it's not overpowered as fuck and impervious to almost literally fucking everything while also having literal atomic breath
while I agree, this makes it a decent monster movie it fails completely at being a Godzilla movie
>>
>>68739302
Listen, I only just now got used to the idea of my girlfriend fucking black guys, I don't know if I can handle Godzillas.
>>
>>68739157
I still have no idea how the son managed to survive that train cart that literally got sliced in half by the muto to the point they were all hanging as not to fall to their deaths. The movie literally cuts from night to day and shows him perfectly safe.
Honestly it became way annoying how he managed to survive from one fucking death encounter to the next while everyone around him died

Anyways I just finished Pacific Rim, what are some other giant monster movies to watch?
>>
>>68739302
>Action scene
>Full penetration
>Action scene
>Full penetration
the story of my life
>>
>>68739451
the Gamera movies
Some of them are absolutely great
>>
>>68739451
Monsters was pretty good(same director of 2014 Godzilla). All the older Godzilla movies are fun, especially King Kong vs. Godzilla. Cloverfield was fun, if you don't mind POV films.
>>
>>68734163
Looks fan-fic tier but quite a comfy trailer nonetheless.
>>
>>68727904
Spot on.

Pointed this out to my mate when we saw it, he said that the "constant cutting away from the fights was to build up the tension".

I told him it was just shitty film making.

There's cutting away and teasing to build tension to a climactic finale...then there is what Godzilla did, which is cut away at every single opportunity for no real reason, until the end.

for a 2 hour film, there must have been what...5 min of Godzilla?
>>
>>68739762
building up tension is actually good film making, Mr. Bay
>>
>>68739843
Yeah, it is.

Its a shame Godzilla failed at it, because the constant cuts away from anything happeneing, DIDN'T build tension.
>>
>>68739994
The problem isn't that they cut away, its what they cut away too.
>>
>>68740019
Aye, especially the scene at the airport I think it was, you see Godzilla's massive foot come down etc, that roar.

You think "finally, gonna get to actually see something!"

Nope, cut, back to kickass being flat and dull.
>>
>>68726245
>you will live to see a day when The Dick Gzilla will be a bigger iconic hero than Superman in the minds of the american public
That one fucking intro Plague of Gripes did for the SuperFriends shit was on point
>>
What're they gonna do when they remake Kong vs Zilla? I can't imagine Godzilla shrinking, yet having a massively gigantic skyscraper size ape seems a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>68740402
>yet having a massively gigantic skyscraper size ape seems a bit ridiculous.
>in a franchise known for people in rubber suits suplexing buildings
One can only assume that kong is also ultraman and he can get even biggerer to fight other monsters.
>>
>>68737685
reminder that Superman was literally more dangerous than the king of monsters
>>
>>68740510
>in a franchise known for people in rubber suits suplexing buildings
yes
King Kong just looks like a Gorilla, it would look weird.
It worked in the old movie, because it was pretty campy and funny, but legendary's take on those movies is a bit more serious and "realistic"
>>
>>68740693
>legendary's take on those movies is a bit more serious and "realistic"
That's exactly what I'm curious about. Maybe Kong will just be his usual size, and we'll get a bunch of cool swinging around skyscraper scenes while he battles a humongous lizard.
>>
>>68740825
sounds pretty interesting
or maybe they do a giant Kong, but he is mutated, disfigured and his fur gets burnt off by godzilla. I just dont think something that is basically a godzilla sized version of a real animal would work that well
>>
>>68740693
They can go all POTTERY and have Kong be the cross of a gorilla and a whale. Gojira vs Gojira
>>
>>68741038
Yeah, maybe Godzilla puts out enough radiation at one point that Kong mutates a bit into a larger creature.
Maybe even set it as a prehistoric prequel? A point when Godzilla hasn't reached his full strength and size? They meet on Monster Island/Skull Island and duke it out.
>>
>>68726116
Godzilla is a stupid concept and it was a film about said stupid concept
>>
>>68741304
Cool dude, thanks for the input.
>>
>>68741304
>stupid concept
how? why?
>>
>>68741789
Anon can't wrap their brain around something that isn't based in reality.
Also, is afraid of lizards.
>>
>>68741860
I ain't afraid of no lizards, but around godzillins never be chillin.
>>
Everything but Godzilla.
>>
Zilla
>>
File: 1390019854679.png (233 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1390019854679.png
233 KB, 393x391
>>68737680
holy fuck I love this goy
>>
File: Art-godzilla-036.jpg (114 KB, 1201x665) Image search: [Google]
Art-godzilla-036.jpg
114 KB, 1201x665
There are people that think this isn't GOAT Godzilla design.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.