[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lazy superhero films.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: xmencomparison.png (1 MB, 1280x1000) Image search: [Google]
xmencomparison.png
1 MB, 1280x1000
Serious question:

Why is it not glaringly apparent to people that the new xmen movies are generic cashgrabs with younger "in" actors and actresses that due to their incompetence can't possibly do justice to the legendary roles they're supposed to be playing.

Easy mode: Name a film which did justice to a major hero from the comic books.

Difficult mode: Name a film which did justice to the villain that was set up by the comics or the film itself

>Every superhero or villain is criminally underused to the point that it is frustrating.

The worst case of this was Ultron from the avengers. Apparently the filmmakers did not understand what a supersentient AI means and turned him into a quippy character.

NEW xmen films have shitty actresses like sophie turner playing JEAN grey. what the fuck. why? even the nightcrawler looks awful.

It seems like the studios just don't give a shit. They can put together the most awful, lazily put together shite and have it make millions.
>>
>>68725281
Look at the top of her head
>>
File: 1459474051365.jpg (886 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1459474051365.jpg
886 B, 100x100
>legendary roles
>>
>>68725354
ok? what am i supposed to be seeing?
>>
>>68725379
these characters are legendary in their universes tbqh
>>
File: 55371768.jpg (8 KB, 217x303) Image search: [Google]
55371768.jpg
8 KB, 217x303
Jlaw must be some next level succubus to motivate that fat Jew Harvey Weinstein to try so hard to convince everyone she's talented, getting her face plastered everywhere and subsequently sucking the life out of movies. Bryan "I've never met a boy whose asshole I didn't want to destroy" Singer is embarrassingly mediocre and only still finds work because he could spill the beans on who else attends those Hollywood boyfucking parties. New X-Men looks like shit.
>>
do brits or people who like got actually find that redhead attractive? fucking christ
>>
>>68725281
aren't all superhero movies generic cashgrabs? from the top of my head, the only one i can recall that has any kind of artistic merit is Unbreakable, and even that is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>68725281
It's because you're the only one who's smart enough to see past Hollywoods coporate machine. Keep fighting the good fight
>>
>/tv/ hates the new x-men before it comes out

guaranteed to be good and a hit
>>
>aren't all superhero movies generic cashgrabs?
I really can't picture Ghost Rider 2 having been greenlit this way.
>>
>>68725281
>Boy George younger then Famke Janssen
Hah, no.
>>
I only ever rated the first x men film, ad only because it was the first capeshit film to not be a complete clusterfuck. It still had non-existent action set pieces and bland characters.

Everything since has been complete shit. Cash grabs, retcons, more cash grabs and endless character butchery all along the way. X Men should have been fucking Avengers, but they focussed more on love stories and giving actors face time than creating really exciting action scenes.

Now it's that old cliche of 'do it in the past and recast everyone as kids'. That shit that NOBODY ever fucking wants.
>>
>>68726472
i definitely can. weren't the directors of it a hot item because of the Crank series, which were minor hits? make them do a superhero movie and instant bank! (in theory)
>>
The X-Men movies were great for a while because they didn't fall into the typical "villain of the week" trap that most capeshit does.

Then, by the time they got to DoFP, it became obvious that they had ran out of ideas because they were trying so hard to avoid having clear-cut "villains" that DoFP ended up being a movie where pretty much nothing happens and there's nothing to be invested in.

Now, they're ready to completely reboot this shit, so they're doing an obligatory Apocalypse story and then tying off the rope there.
>>
Agree, most Marvel stuff is nuHollywood JLaw tier shlock. Also holy shit does Salsa look awful. Almost as bad as Jlaw and her giant head and baby face in First Class.
>>
>>68725281
>man becomes more handsome woman gets uglier in the remake
What do they mean by this
>>
File: avengers.jpg (669 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
avengers.jpg
669 KB, 1280x1024
The avengers not lazy but the racism in the movie
what we got about this movie is a team of superheroes whos all white, you got thor whos also a whiteboy, you got billionaire robot dude, you got blackwidow who btw aint even black so you know nice try, you got captain american racist, the hawkeye and the hulk. The only blackdude in this movie is Nick fury who also the only one who aint got the superpower coz you know hes black, on top of that he aint even on the team blackman cant be avengers, its obviously that Avengers team is for whitemen and here we got the hulk, the hulk is a normal whiteman whos genius einstein doctor who get recruited for the team here comes the hidden mess they got a cage on board for him just in case his skin changes color, basically as long as hes white everything will be fine but if his skin changes color he will become a sailor beast and gotta put down coz you know if you aint white you ain right, it cannot be anymore racist than this... this is not about white power no more its about white superpower.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (21 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
21 KB, 480x600
>>68725281
>can't possibly do justice to the legendary roles they're supposed to be playing.
It's a fucking capeshit movie you dicklicking homosexual
>>
>caring about superhero nonsense past the age of 14
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.