[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Benioff and Weiss deliberately being contrarian with GoT's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 23
File: Hack & Hack.jpg (70 KB, 579x720) Image search: [Google]
Hack & Hack.jpg
70 KB, 579x720
Remember when, in an interview, D&D revealed that one of the characters' actors (later revealed to be Barristan Selmy's) sent them a letter asking not to be killed citing how he is alive in the books and highlighting the character's importance? And how their response was basically

>Lol that only made us want to kill him even more!!1 xDDd

I think that is a pretty telling attitude which may clue us on the kind of decision making logic these two followed for season 6, specially given that there is little to no book material at this point for them to draw on and they're completely off the rails plot wise.

I can't help but think that they just went

>Fans hate the sand snakes? How dare they!

And instead of carrying on from previous season's resolution in which the sand snakes were arrested, acting in subterfuge against Dorne's idiosyncrasy because everyone and their mother in Dorne knew them to be retarded, unlike Doran's balanced and calculated persona, we got:

>Sand snakes kill Doran in front of his personal guard who are apparently ok with some random bastards usurping him and actually supported them all along
>Sand snakes killing Trystane who had barely any character development so that his death can't even be considered "shocking" while quipping about it as if they weren't kinslaying
>Both murders were outright betrayals of trust and tolerance which they were given in plenty of quantity

I can't help but get the impression that the writers want us to root for them, with their constant quipping, righteous speeches and "badass" attitude.

Sorry for the assburger long post but I feel like I can't let this go, first episode in season 6 and the sand snakes are even WORSE than the previous season, something we didn't think could be possible, and it's entirely the fault of D&D's entitled toddler attitude.
>>
Dungeons and Dragons?
>>
Dumb and dumber are hacks and this show has been on a steady decline since season one.

There is not one good OC storyline and for some reason they just keep writing more and more of them
>>
DUDE GOT LMAO
>>
>>68723780

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss also known as DABID & Dan
>>
>Sand snakes kill Doran in front of his personal guard who are apparently ok with some random bastards usurping him and actually supported them all along

Wait, are you joking?
>>
>>68723905
>There is not one good OC storyline
Well...
Fuck no, only Hardhome was good, but that was just an episode
>>
>>68723953

Dude, did you even see the last episode? That's literally, LITERALLY what happens.
>>
>>68723905
The writing is definitely fucking stupid.

Daenerys should be in Westoros by now, not getting raped by big brown cock

Who fucking cares about Dorne, fuck them

What the fuck is happening on the wall

Arya's storyline is so far behind and what the fuck is the point of her anymore now she's in some random city

Where is all this heading? The answer is nowhere
>>
>>68724131
>Arya's storyline is so far behind and what the fuck is the point of her anymore now she's in some random city

this is actually 100% true to the books.
>>
>>68724114
I don't really want to watch it anymore because the last season was a pretty big low point, and I could only imagine how bad it would be next season when they had no source material to work with.

Now I see my fears were confirmed.
>>
>>68723986
>>68723905

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ES_ElI6Wg

That scene from season 1 was alright and actually gives Robert and Cersei some depth. But that was ages ago, and it feels like a different show. None of the gravitas is there anymore, just random snek quipping while le epic kinslaying this is for the people of Dorn! xD. Hardhome was ok too, but the rest of the OC is uniformly god awful.
>>
>>68724114
The guard even gives him a disgusted look as he dies...

What the fuck happened to game of thrones?

Remember this shit!?

https://youtu.be/8afaQFLSTH4
Fuck that scene was good.
>>
File: 1429590123287 (1).jpg (51 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1429590123287 (1).jpg
51 KB, 600x338
They moved a shit load of characters around to save money, merging characters, etc. And in doing so a lot of the characters' motivation makes no sense anymore.

But it keeps getting good ratings so no one cares. D&D have made a complete fucking mess and get Emmys for it.
>>
>>68724276
She's already been cured of blindness at this point.

Regardless I'm saying the books are stupid too. GRRM knows he fucked up dragging things out too much and not tying the characters back together again
>>
>>68724131
The writing is stupid.

But your fucking post is dumb as fuck too.
>>
>>68724279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-4ZhMKcYQ

Witness and weep, brother. And now my (show) watch has ended.
>>
File: you medicore piece of shit.gif (3 MB, 192x333) Image search: [Google]
you medicore piece of shit.gif
3 MB, 192x333
>>68723272
bad pussy
>>
>>68724396
My post is so dumb, thank god you wrote this post, retard
>>
>>68723272
Other than Dorne, I actually quite liked the episode.

Every scene in the North was GOAT, and Cersei actually came off as sympathetic for once.
>>
File: pain.png (32 KB, 410x302) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
32 KB, 410x302
>>68724510
Just watching this, I kinda feel like my enjoyment of the book has lessened, y'know? I know it's not rational or fair, but just seeing this dumb shit makes me feel like rereading the books would make me enjoy them less.

I really hope this isn't a note they received from GRRM, like "Oh yeah lel this is what happens next. Go nuts."
>>
>>68724304
funny, talking about alright OC scenes that was the one that also first came to my mind. Then again, I stopped watching after S2 when I heard how different things are in s5 compared to the books
>>
>>68723272
I don't think it's intentional. I just think they are terrible terrible writers, which is evident any time they've strayed from the book.

Originally it seemed any time they strayed from the book it was due to TV constraints, which then spirals into them needing to create their own content. Which shows how shit they are
>>
>>68724615
Book four and five were both absolutely terrible.
>>
>>68724510
Everyone she wants revenge on is dead.

I hate D&D
>>
>>68723272
They fucked up horribly this time , i don't know if Doran is supposed to die in the winds of winter but they took a shit on his character letting him die like this without letting him show his true intentions , Doran was my favourite character in ASOIF and in the books dronish were accusing him of being a coward because he woudln't take action against the crown but he ignored them all , because he was plotting his revenge for 20 fucking years in concert with Oberyn and Varys and Iliryo and he was working on a Targaryen restoration and now he just seems like a pussy that died like a dog , not to mention since trystane is the only child the show gave him (excluding quentin and arianna) those mad cunts just ended the 2000 year old Martell bloodline , fuck those 2 retarded faggots
>>
>>68724788
Fuck, everything is terrible.
>>
>>68724788
Well the main characters were
The minor POV's on the other were good stuff
>>
>>68724788
I liked Tyrion and Daenerys meeting, it was like yeah shit is definitely going places now these two have joined forces

Then they split again

Fuck you George
>>
Literally NONE of the fan girls watching the show now watched it in season 1. It was "too boring" and political, which is actually what made season 1 so great.
Then the Red Wedding happened and all the normies started watching it because of the shock value of the RW. From that point on the show has completely changed and has become dumbed down to simply trying to get more Red Wedding moments for the normies.
(I hate to use the word normies, but it's the only word that makes sense)
>>
>>68724788
It was originally supposed to be two trilogies with a gap in the timeline of the books between them.

The first trilogy work out alright, but it's gone to shit since then.
>>
>>68725063
Well, that's what got people reading the books too.
>>
File: shogun.jpg (288 KB, 1052x1500) Image search: [Google]
shogun.jpg
288 KB, 1052x1500
>>68724615

I think Gurm has publicly decoupled book canon from TV series canon in one of his Not a blog posts. I also think it's bullshit that D&D are following his guidelines, they probably know some rough things about the ending but that's it. Stannis may have his faults but burning Shireen like that was completely out of character as well.

Personally I wouldn't mind TV Dorne explosing in a Valyria-style cataclysm at this point.

>>68724688

Probably because it's the only OC scene from that season.

>>68724724
>Originally it seemed any time they strayed from the book it was due to TV constraints

They are just mediocre producers/writers. Shogun managed to do an 800 page book in 9 hours.

If they cut down the OC, I'm sure they could have done AFFC/ADWD in seasons 5 and 6, because they already cut plenty of small lords and side characters. They should have taken the opportunity to world build a bit in their TV series, and give more weight to everything that does happen. Instead, Doran's, Myrcella's, and Trystane's deaths don't have any weight at all and all those character's seem like non-characters because we don't even know enough about them to consider them relevant.
>>
>>68723272
D and D have always been terrible writers but then again the source material after the Red Wedding is mostly worthless.

I kind of hope they drive the show into the ground to punish GRRM for taking so long
>>
>>68724935
They didn't meet in the books.

Tyrion almost gets to her then Drogon comes and tears up shit.
>>
File: smug.jpg (14 KB, 483x418) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
14 KB, 483x418
>>68724935
>How to spot a shofwag pretender
>>
>>68725133
I meant

>Only GOOD OC scene from that season
>>
>>68725152
>>68725283
I can't remember what happened because I read the books in 2012 dumbass

But they nearly met anyway, that's what I meant, same difference
>>
>>68725283
He did perform for her at the arena and she spared him from the lions.

Thats as close as they have come so far.
>>
>>68725436
Meeting and nearly meeting are entirely different things.
>>
>>68725623
Not really. In the books, she seems him and spares him. In the tv show she's like, fuck this guy, he's nobody

I admit my memory of the books is blurred but it had the same sentiment
>>
>>68723272
The Sand Snakes killing Doran has been telegraphed the entire fucking time in the books, showfag.
>>
>>68728321

Fuck off dumbass
>>
>>68728902
Read the fucking books, dipshit. The Dornish Master Plan was always going to be subverted. It's what GRRM does.
>>
>>68723272
>Barristan Selmy's actor sent them a letter asking not to be killed citing how he is alive in the books and highlighting the character's importance?
holy fuck I'm actually a bit sad for him now

previously I was only bummed that he died in such a meaningless way
>>
>>68723272
>ITT book fags reporting in

I only read the first book after watching the first season so I can't really compare books to show

But all this complaining seems a little over the top. There is absolutely no way a show could cover all the content in 5 700+ page books unless it was 15 seasons long and moved at a snails pace. It only makes logistical sense that they would merge characters or streamline plot lines for the sake of making a good television program

Again, not having read the books, they're still making a show that's far better than anything else being put on tv today. Any complaints I hear about the show come from two types of people:
Fans of the books
People who don't like fantasy themes

Granted episode one was pretty slow
>>
>>68725436
Dany isn't even at Meereen when Tyrion arrives in the books, and he hasn't stepped within the walls of the city yet. Fucking hell, dude.

Tyrion and Dany meeting was actually handled very well in the show, but of course the effort was wasted because D&D are planning the series around what would be cool instead of what makes sense so they had to be immediately separated.
>>
>>68724886
This.
>>
>>68725067
GRRM's original idea was misconceived, period.

Saying it's gone to shit is missing the point because it was either AFFC/ADWD or a fucking Appendix with a series of dates, not a story.
>>
>>68724886
>i don't know if Doran is supposed to die in the winds of winter

he 100% will die at some point, and I bet what's taking so long is because GRRM doesn't want to write shitty throwaway scenes like D&D have, he's trying to make everything logical-yet-surprising, the absolute madman.
>>
File: chestercharlessmithers.png (167 KB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
chestercharlessmithers.png
167 KB, 720x260
>teleporting sand snakes
>teleporting hounds
>we didn't like the Dorne subplot so we had 16 year old strong independent girls kill all the males involved
>Jon only had five friends in all of Castle Black
>"Strongest Man In Dorne" one shot by a chubby 14 year old girl
>Melly was wearing a holographic projector and has actually been 200 years old this entire time and takes it off every time she goes to sleep
>>
>>68730058
I don't like the fact that they make characters retarded for shock value and casual audiences.

Read the 4th book and you'll understand why Dorne is fucking retarded.
>>
>>68730787
Just turn your brain off bro XD
>>
Are Rains of Castamere and Bear and the Maiden Fair the only two songs that exist in the GOT universe? Because they've played both like a million times already.
>>
>>68730787
this
>>
>>68730787
Melly using a glamour isn't bad writing.

Her having removed her ruby in early season 2 without the glamour coming off, is.

Her taking it off is adequately symbolic for her giving her hopes up because both Stannis and Jon are dead.
>>
>>68731809

If it's only an illusion and she actually moves like a 200 year old women with bad knees, hips, and back how did she always keep up with people walking normally like she did in every scene, and like going up and down those five thousand stone stairs to the beach back in Dragonstone?
>>
>>68731926

R'llhor magic.
>>
>>68732277

This is just a rough calculation on the energy involved but it seems to me if R'llhor is going to spend the power to both create the illusion of eternal youth and the physical ability of eternal youth it would just be cheaper and easier to actually really make her eternally young.
>>
Nobody in Dorne liked Doran in the books

The guards hating him made total sense because everyone in Dorne saw Doran as a pussy who was afraid of the lannisters

And they're right to think that
>>
Also the sand snakes are based for finally taking it to the lannisters and putting Doran in his place
>>
>>68730787
teleporting sand sneks isn't an actual complaint, that's just you being a dipshit showfag that doesn't understand the fortnights it takes to sail from Dorne to King's Landing.
>Melly was wearing a holographic projector and has actually been 200 years old this entire time
gonna be in the book too.
we didn't like the Dorne subplot so we had 16 year old strong independent girls kill all the males involved
Gonna be in the book too. The entire Dorne set up and back story is all about gurl pwer lel. It was founded by a woman. Women inherit on equal grounds as men. Sexuality is fluid. Bastards and paramours aren't shameful.
>Jon only had five friends in all of Castle Black
Book Jon had less.
>"Strongest Man In Dorne" one shot by a chubby 14 year old girl
Will probably be poisoned in the book.
>teleporting hounds
that was legit bad. I mean most of this was legit bad, but you dipshits are nitpicking about such trivial aspects of it.
>>
>>68730787
>Melly was wearing a holographic projector

theres a theory that she put all of her 'life force' into the choker and she will use it to revive Snu. Thats why she's watching herself in the mirror (because its the last time she will look young and beautiful).

I doubt it though because D&D ARE FUCKING SHITHEADS
>>
>>68723272
Maybe they are trying to make the show as shit as possible so people start demanding the fat fuck to release the final books
>>
>>68723272
Did someone shoop a jew nose on his face or is that actually his fucking nose.
>>
>>68730835
I'm sure i'd agree with you if I did read it.

Overall it seems the Dorne plot is all about the bad pussy in the show as they didn't really elaborate too much on the Dornes. This was probably to save time for more important plot lines

And having only seen the show, I'm kind of okay with it because it's entertaining and I'm looking forward to the persians getting stomped on. I understand that they've simply turned the Dorne into another plot line where the "under dogs" usurp the current royalty because fuck typical diplomacy and it's gonna kick up drama.
>>
>>68723272
>Remember when, in an interview, D&D revealed that one of the characters' actors (later revealed to be Barristan Selmy's) sent them a letter asking not to be killed citing how he is alive in the books and highlighting the character's importance? And how their response was basically
is that the infamous Pink Letter?
>>
>>68733895
Pink letter was a fake letter sent to Jon claiming to be from Ramsey but actually sent from Mance/Stannis/Littlefinger to goad Jon into trying to lead an army of Wildlings and NWmen to attack Winterfell. It's what caused the decision in the books to kill him. They had to before he literally led Wildlings and turncoats to attack the capital of the North when an Other invasion was looming.
>>
>>68723986
Hardhome is debatable original writing. The fight is happening in the books, just isn't seen. And it was just Walking Dead action scene anyway, didnt require much writing skill.
>>
>>68723272
Honestly, I'm kind of mad these fuckers got to produce this show.

They're world-famous millionaires, yet they've ridden entirely on someone else's coattails. It just shows that you don't actually need to have any skill or talent to get ahead in this world, you just need a large amount of luck.
>>
>>68731004
There's Shireen's theme i.e. It's always summer under the sea but yeah that's prett ymuch it.
>>
File: 1444911662710.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1444911662710.png
9 KB, 401x367
>>68734138
it was banter m8, but thanks anyway
>>
>>68733699
It's both.
>>
File: 1512515.jpg (54 KB, 350x463) Image search: [Google]
1512515.jpg
54 KB, 350x463
>>68724788
>He thinks AFFC is bad because "it's boring and nothing happened"

Let me guess, you think Hardhome was the best episode?
>>
>>68734174
>The fight is happening in the books, just isn't seen.
No it isn't. It's implied in the books that the ships were lost at sea or just fucked off. The point was just that it was yet another well-intentioned but ill-advised attempt by Jon to do the right thing, with disastrous consequences. He indebted the NW to the Bank of Braavos for those fucking ships then immediately sent them into a winter storm to disappear, along with all the NW men aboard.
>>
>>68724724
To be fair some of the best season one stuff wasnt in the books. That bit about 5 vs 1, telling war stories, and Cersei and Bobby remembering Lianna were GOAT.

Its shit now, but it used to be good.
>>
File: pleb.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
pleb.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>68724935
>I liked Tyrion and Daenerys meeting
>>
>>68725133
>D&D
>Worldbuilding

KEK

Show-Westeros is the smallest, most simplistic medieval realm I've ever seen. Given that 60% of ASOIAF is worldbuilding and politics (especially in the later books) I am amazed D&D showed an interest in making a show about it

They just dont seem to have the patience or attention span to it. You know behind closed doors, they bash AFFC and mock how "nothing happened so lets make something better!" Which gave us show-dorne and the like,

This is why we need a 300+ episode anime done legends of galactic heroes style and 100% faithful to the books.
>>
File: benioffweiss.jpg (612 KB, 800x894) Image search: [Google]
benioffweiss.jpg
612 KB, 800x894
DUDE WE DESTROYED OUR OWN SHOW
>>
>>68725120
ASOS has a lot of "boring' stuff, worldbuilding, politics, etc.. AFFC is basically entirely worldbuilding and political wrangling. Normies couldn't make it through the books at any point beyond only known basic things like dragons and red wedding.
>>
Bookfags should be shot. Seriously, the show has been it's own thing for a long while now and only loosely followed the books, so if you are going to bitch bitch about retarded shit in the show and don't compare it to the books.
>Why are they doing this with that character? It's not like in the books!
Just shut up, you nerd piece of crap, no normal person cares.
>>
>>68734502
Still never once seen someone use the "worldbuilding" meme as a criticism and actually show that they have any idea what they're talking about.

Worldbuilding is the biggest dipshit parrot complaint on /tv/.
>>
>>68734583
If you're going to bitch, bitch about things that are worth bitching about you fucking retarded showfag cunt. OMG LE SAND SNEKS TELEPORTED BECAUSE WE DIDN'T SEE THE MONTH OF TRAVEL TIME IT TAKES TO SAIL A BOAT THOUSANDS OF MILES TO KING'S LANDING. LETS MEME ABOUT THAT.
>>
>>68734583
I'm not a bookfag. I just think all the decisions the characters do in the show is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>68723272
You are giving them too much credit.

They don't direct with more than 2 episodes ahead in mind, so they basically didn't realize that Doran has no place in their story.

No Quentyn, no Aegon. no master plan = aboslutely no reason for Doran to exist in the plot.

Although obviously the way they handled his death was simply terrible. Trystane was even worse. Are Sneks meant to be shown as villains? Because how can anyone possibly like them after that?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>68734381
>Implying anything GRRM writes is good
>>
>>68723953
It's true. All of it.

Remember how Brienne of Tarth decided to follow the wishes of her dead liege, tracking down Stannis and killing him despite her boss only serving him for under a month?

No loyalty from the Dornish guard it seems.
>>
>>68734870
STOP COMPARING THE DORNISH TO THE REST OF WESTEROS. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT COMPARABLE. IT'S LIKE SAYING THAT YOU DON'T BUY THE SHIT SOME SICILIANS WOULD DO BECAUSE THAT'S NOT WHAT NORTHERN GERMANS OR ANGLO-SAXONS WOULD DO.
>>
>>68731809
Melly being ugly without her glamour is one of those things people have called for years and is obviously derived from the books

The Sand snakes stuff is obviously not going to be in the books, even if Doran/Hotah end up dying.
>>
>>68731004
>tfw in ASOS Olenna mocks how all anyone seems to play is Rains of Castamere
>>
Reminder that this show swept the Emmys.

It's unreal how bad it is and how much praise it gets for it.
>>
>>68733066
Where does this idea come from? The Yronwoods and Daynes don't like him and he's unpopular with the more militant nobility. In Sunspear he's beloved though, and the smallfolk still like him. He's also hyper-cautious and would surround himself with his men.
>>
>>68730787
>>"Strongest Man In Dorne" one shot by a chubby 14 year old girl

Pretty sure Hotah isn't the strongest man in Dorne, at least in the books. Darkstar is probably better.
>>
Guys, I cannot remember. Why is Margaery imprisoned?
>>
>>68735487
Cause her brothers a gay
>>
Trystane's death was insulting, I don't feel like any death has been glorified like this in the show before. It's like they expect the audience to be on board with the epic sneks killing an innocent character as if he was evil and had it coming.
>>
>>68735534
We never even had a chance to know the guy. That was the worst thing.
>>
File: 1392676889228.jpg (274 KB, 1274x926) Image search: [Google]
1392676889228.jpg
274 KB, 1274x926
>>68724615
Same here man. I grow more and more critical to the whole universe as the show progresses, and by the time Winds of Winter comes out Ill prolly hate it.
>>
>>68735487
Books = Cersei has people accuse her of cheating on the King

Show = her brother is gay
>>
>>68735534
It was fucking disgusting.

>We want the #KillAllMen audience
le no weak M-E-N will rule Dorne ever again XD your son is also a weak M-A-N
>>
>>68735534
I felt the same
>Hey lets kil our beloved cousin who we've known our entire lives and grew up with
>stab
>"You're a greedy bitch you know that? XDDD"
>>
>>68735487
Her brother lay with a man.
She denied she knew, and thus lied to the Sparrow.
>>
File: 1452824844826.jpg (97 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1452824844826.jpg
97 KB, 500x450
>>68735798
ah ha ha ha hah a
>>
>>68735798
>>68735990
>tfw he's not actually kidding
>>
>>68735534
What do you mean innocent ? He was a cis white male.
>>
>>68735925
Haha jesus christ that scene sucked. Im gonna have to stop browsing /tv/ for 10 weeks so I wont be reminded of how bad the show has become every day.
>>
>>68735534
>>68735620
>>68735925
>>68736064
>>68735806
Do they actually want you to sympathize with the Sand Snakes though? Pretty sure they've been meant to be antagonists since poisoning myrcella last season
>>
>>68736132
>poisoning myrcella
who?

Ohhh another minor character we never got a chance to know.
>>
>>68728974
Only in the books the targaryen restoration already took off retard, the targeryen army under young griff I think he was alled already invaded.
>>
>>68736189
yeah but she was a wittle girl, and the #FuckAllMen crowd wouldn't like her dying because women in peril is exploitative

hence my point that maybe we're not supposed to sympathsize with the snakes, Brienne, Arya, Sansa, and Dany are the show's "fuck yah you go girl" characters.
>>
>>68728974
Pretty sure in the books, Doran is going to have Dorne secretly align with the Golden Company/Aegon while pretending they're still loyal to the Lannisters. Whatever fate befalls Aegon will befall them (destruction by Dany?).
>>
>>68736255
>Brienne
Left Sansa to die to get petty revenge
>Arya
Keeps fucking up her jedi training
>Sansa
haaaaaaaaaaaa
>Dany
Ran away into savages that plan to kill her

These arnt strong female characters.

>Sand Snakes
Want to kill people. Kill people.

STRONG.
>>
>>68734502
>This is why we need a 300+ episode anime done legends of galactic heroes style and 100% faithful to the books.
The fact that this will never happen physically hurts. Also, I want to see kawaii animu Dany shitting all over herself like at the end of Dance
>>
>>68736132
Definitely not straight-up antagonists, I can tell you that much. I FELT (and by reading this thread I think I wasn't the only one) that the viewer is meant to be on their side.
>>
>>68736255
of course we're meant to hate them.
>>
>>68735534
So how was Trystane in the books ? It was pretty shit to see him die like that, just for the sake of :
>"YOU GO GURL WE STRONG WIMIN XDDD YOU SELFISH I WISH I KILD MY COUSIN MYSELF"
>>
>>68736475
Theyre meant to be a BAD ASS ANTAGONIST THAT YOU HATE TO LOVE

But D&D has no fucking clue how to write that. And you just get... this.
>>
>>68736475
I think this is their shitty attempt at making "grey area" characters, like Jaime.
>>
>>68736210
> the targeryen army under young griff
Young Griff had nothing to do with fucking Dorne. After he suddenly invaded the Stormlands they send Arianne to try to treat with him. Where she will probably fucking die.

And it wasn't "the TARGARYEN army." The Golden Company is an army formed by and for people that were banished from the Realm BY THE FUCKING TARGARYENS. THEY'RE THE BLACKFYRE ARMY AND FAEGON IS A MATRILLINEAL BLACKFYRE.

>>68736318
>Doran is going to have Dorne secretly align with the Golden Company/Aegon while pretending they're still loyal to the Lannisters
Which wasn't the master plan. The master plan was to marry Arianne to Viserys, until Viserys went East and got murdered. Then the master plan was to send Quentyn to Mereen to treat with marry Dany, until he got killed by goddamn Dragon fire. Then the master plan was to send Arianne to marry FAegon, until she gets killed somehow. Which will lead to Doran and Trystane being assassinated.
>>
>>68736544
Well, Trystane is a child in the books, just like Myrcella.
In the books, he does have two older siblings though. Arianne, a seducing hothead who tries to put Myrcella on the throne in favor of Tommen because Dornish succesion laws and goes looking for a person claiming to be Aegon Targaryen, and Quentyn, who travels to Meereen to marry Dany. She refuses, he tries to steal a dragon and dies.
>>
>>68734174
>>68734395
The destruction at Hardhome supposedly happened 600 years before the current storyline. The wildlings say the place is cursed because the village that used to be there was destroyed and every inhabitant slaughtered, and no one is sure how/why. A group of wildlings camp there again in ADwD, which is when all the ship shit happens.

So it's borderline OC in the show. The place was destroyed in a horrific manner in the books too. Just off screen.
>>
>>68736680
>Where she will probably fucking die.
>until she gets killed somehow
Why are you so certain she'll die?
Keep in mind the show doesn't have to influence the books, as well as vice-versa.
>>
>>68730058
Then why cut shit and add OC, if they have such time restrictions? You're full of shit.
>>
>>68736680
People who state theory as fact are WEAK.
>>
>>68736475

They are straight up antagonists. You should get yourself checked for actual mental retardation. There's no indication at any point whatsoever that they're supposed to be liked or sympathized with by the viewer, and I have no idea where you retarded, drooling morons get that idea. You are impossibly stupid.
>>
>>68736883
For one thing, the show has always been about finding ways to condense the long, complicated series of bad decisions that characters make for the right reasons that end in disaster. The show has awkwardly skipped what the book has been building to for thousands of pages.

The second we learn at the end of AFFC that Doran's master plan was to marry Arianne to Viserys, the underlying theme of the Dornish plot is laid bare. It is then cranked to 11 when Quentyn heroically gets torched trying to tame a dragon. Now once again Doran is sending his kid off to go treat with strangers with no common cause (who are obviously doomed).

Now combine that with Oberyn's belligerent bastard army that has no love for Doran and doesn't want Dorne swearing fealty to the fucking Lannisters. Doran's well-intended fuck ups clearly mirror Jon's leadership as Lord Commander of the NW. It may have been the right thing to do, but it wasn't the right thing to do in the culture of the NW/the Dornish, and they end up being tragically punished for it.
>>
>>68737242
He was just biding his time to fuck up the lannisters which is now for nothing.
>>
>>68736132

What ?

No

100% antagonists. Nothing else makes sense.

They are traitors and murderer for obviously false reasons.
>>
>>68737168
Maybe you were too dumb to see it :^)
>>
>>68734797
that vampire book of his was pretty sweet desu senpai
>>
>>68737516

Should be easy for you to point out. Tell me where amidst the cowardly murders and threats and irrational whining the Sand Snakes were meant to be seen as anything other than terrible people.
>>
File: DABID.png (107 KB, 847x637) Image search: [Google]
DABID.png
107 KB, 847x637
It's telling as to just how shit they are as writers. They've completely mischaracterized characters based on their own biases, ruined entire plotlines just to introduce silly characters and ridiculous plot twists.

The dialogue is awful and the scenes make almost zero sense, even by their own continuity.

The first season worked because they had a story to follow and they did so faithfully. Then they got high on their own shit and started trying to "improve it" and the butterfly effect of their bullshit has led the series where it currently is.
>>
>>68730619
GRRM just doesn't know where to go with. He has so many characters all spread out and no idea how to logically bring them all back together with out rushing some bull shit.
>>
>>68736942
People who think THE MUMMER'S DRAGON Aegon is a Targaryen are WEAK. Fuck off out of here with your amateur hour horseshit.

>>68737345
Yeah he was biding his time for 17+ goddamn years while the Lannisters killed the rightful Baratheon King and usurped the thrown with a bastard borne of incest. He was biding his time in an unending series of of "master plans" that repeatedly hurt the Martells with absolutely no payoff for them.

He was BIDING HIS TIME when the Lannisters had just imprisoned the daughter of their only ally, were besieged by the high sparrow's army, were being invaded by the Golden Company, the Iron Islands, and the Northern Stannis army. There was never a better time for Dorne, WHO COULDN'T BE CONQUERED BY A UNITED ARMY OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS AND A DOZEN DRAGONS, to declare itself independent from the Lannister throne.

Doran: The right choice for """"master plans"""', the wrong choice for Dorne.
>>
>>68737626

If any scene doesn't make sense to you it's because you're stupid, and that's an objective fact.
>>
>>68737686
The problem with GRRM is he loves world building far more than he loves the actual narrative.
>>
File: 1338336337290.jpg (65 KB, 272x333) Image search: [Google]
1338336337290.jpg
65 KB, 272x333
>>68737726
>>
>>68724886
What about Oreo?

In the books he single handle killed a Kingsguard.
The Sneks are all scared of him, and he's considered one of the toughest fighters in Westoros up on Victarion, the clegane boys, level of fighter.

>hey girls Watch me kill this 20 ft high nigger with a 2 inch blade. It's ok Tumbkr won't complain because us Sneks are minorities too.
>>
>>68737726
Hey Weiss how's it going?
>>
Anyone else feel like they haven't really done anything to make the snad sneks stand out from each other?

They're all kinda samey and I can't even tell them apart.
>>
>>68737756
>>68737788

I find it weird that you'd admit scenes don't make sense to you when there are people who perfectly understand every scene. You realize that when you say something "doesn't make sense" you are literally proving that you're retarded? I mean actually proving it, as in it isn't up for debate.
>>
>>68737817
One has double daggers and bad pussy
One has a whip
One has a spear
>>
File: 1456522437471.jpg (25 KB, 251x255) Image search: [Google]
1456522437471.jpg
25 KB, 251x255
>>68737844
I'm not even the guy you quoted. I just think you're retarded, DABID.
>>
>>68737844
Not making sense to an individual isn't the same as not making sense in the scheme of the story.

If anybody is retarded it's you.
>>
>>68723272
>>
>>68737914

It does make sense in the scheme of the story, you're just a mentally ill failed abortion who has incredibly delusional preconceptions about how things are "supposed" to be. /tv/ is easily the least intelligent board online after /pol/. Literally 99%+ of the time someone thinks something doesn't make sense, it's because they're actually retarded. Like you.
>>
>>68737925

>dialogue 5 seconds later explaining why they go through the river

How is this shit not a permaban?
>>
>>68737925
Going in the water throws off the hounds, you utter pleb
>>
>>68737925
Holy shit the amount of tryhard reaching for things to shitpost about is goddamn ridiculous. They explicitly spell out that they're crossing the river to lose the scent of the hounds. Fucking hell /got/ has jumped the shark so much harder than the fucking show.
>>
>>68738004
Are you purposely being dense?

How does Yara teleporting across the continent to attack a fortress only to be run off by dogs make any sense?

How does Thorne just flat out saying he murdered the lord commander make any sense when there are literally thousands of wildlings on the admittedly undefended side of the wall make sense?

How does Melisandre removing her necklace to become an old lady make sense when there have been scenes where she's removed the necklace before without that happening?
>>
Anyone who understands the psychology of this place, if you can even acknowledge the posters here as human, saw this coming a mile away when the show strayed from the books. These obese neckbeard loser virgins have been waiting all year to start their favorite hobby of nitpicking every scene and claiming it's bad writing. When they're proven objectively wrong, they just move to a new thread to repost the same garbage with le reaction face and respond to criticism by saying "Hello [individual involved with production that I've chosen as my current celebrity worship]."

The thing is that the way 4chan works now it's more of an echo chamber than anywhere else on the internet mainly because of how low the average IQ of the user base is. Garbage people just repeat lies to each other over and over and circle jerk them until they become fact, /pol/ style.
>>
>>68724510
WTF, I haven't watched the series since season 4 but wtf is going on?

Like, is Doran a villain in this or something? Why are the sand snakes killing him? What's their motivation? I'm so confused.
>>
>>68738289
Take it easy, man. It's just a show.
>>
>>68738289
Well the Dorn plot like is absolutely horrid. In every aspect.

But everything else was fine. A bit boring but fine. Don't see the problem.
>>
>>68734583
Normal person TOP KEK

Autism sperg out, go take your meds
>>
>>68738338
His name's Dorne, aka Dorne of Doran.

They are angry he is patient and didnt' avenge oberyn (their bastard'sfather/wife's son)
>>
>>68738174
>How does Thorne just flat out saying he murdered the lord commander make any sense when there are literally thousands of wildlings on the admittedly undefended side of the wall make sense?
He didn't say it to the fucking wildlings. He called a meeting of the NW to iron out the wrinkles before everyone flips their shit about the dead Lord Commander. You're being stupid.
>How does Melisandre removing her necklace to become an old lady make sense when there have been scenes where she's removed the necklace before without that happening?
It's a continuity error. If you need it to "make sense," I'm sure you could head canon something and be fine. But you probably don't give a shit. You only remember the bathtub scene because someone else memed it. You're here to shitpost about a dragony soap opera.
>>
>>68738174

>3 non sequiturs in a row

How is bacon tasty if broccoli is green? Thanks for proving my point so efficiently, you subhuman. You even threw in some teleport buzzword just in case anyone doubted how flagrantly stupid you were. Back to /pol/.
>>
>>68737925
You're an idiot.
>>
>>68738392

The show isn't the point, your shitstained logic is the point. It's genuinely horrifying that people like you are allowed to vote, drive, reproduce, etc.
>>
You want the bad pussy xDDDD
>>
>>68738051
>>68738052
>>68738123
>>68738509
They crosed to the other side, they did not swimed down the stream, that's why they got fucking caught you fucking retards.
>>
File: evengotadog.gif (319 KB, 218x164) Image search: [Google]
evengotadog.gif
319 KB, 218x164
>>68738004
>It does make sense in the scheme of the story, you're just a mentally ill failed abortion who has incredibly delusional preconceptions about how things are "supposed" to be.
>>
>>68738718
THAT IS A VALID THING TO SHITPOST ABOUT. THE CHARACTERS DIDN'T GO DOWN STREAM, BUT THE RATIONALE FOR WHY THEY CROSSED AT A PLACE THAT INVOLVED GOING THROUGH WATER IS ESTABLISHED IN THE FUCKING DIALOGUE.
>>
>>68734730
>Because how can anyone possibly like them after that?

Have you noticed their genders?

The generation that laps up D&D's writing was raised with WAW (women are wonderful) conditioning. You literally can not craft a female character that millennials won't tout as "empowering" and "likable."
>>
File: 1443567880389.png (63 KB, 710x485) Image search: [Google]
1443567880389.png
63 KB, 710x485
>>68734293

>(((luck)))
>>
>>68738289
You need to go back
>>
>>68724370
>>68724276
I hope it stays 100% true to the books so that the Winds of Winter preview chapter featuring her getting raped to death by surly men will come to fruition. It ought to improve her standing as an Outspoken Feminist.
>>
>>68724886
At least you can see blood oranges near his throne in this season (finally), though they're not overripe and falling to the ground (bogus).
>>
>>68724788
Book 4 is awesome if you only pay attention to the things that aren't happening, like what one character relays to another having heard it from another person. Lord Bronn.
>>
>You didn't avenge your family so we're going to kill more of our family :^]
>>
File: consume.jpg (134 KB, 599x888) Image search: [Google]
consume.jpg
134 KB, 599x888
>Yfw D&D are going to turn the nights watch/wall thing into a Trump commentary, with the "refugees" the wildlings being the good guys saving the day from the evil Trump and his wall because it's an election season and they need to be socially progressive and the entire cast of the show did a video for rapefugees welcome

Watch it happen.

Next episode Thorne will literally say "Let's make the Night's Watch Great Again!"

You have been warned.
>>
>>68731809
Ignoring the entire use of the glamer in order to save The Mance from the pyre in place of Rattleshirt because "magic rubies are gay and not credible in our show" is retarded but now they're going to make it 100x more retarded and make her an old crone who uses it to hide her nast.
>>
>>68741236
>Tfw they kill the entire royal bloodline.

Its dead now isn't it?

Oberyn and his Brother - as well as his heir.

>REVENGE!
God this writing is fucking garbage.
>>
>>68738289
This faggot makes a hobby of defending literal steaming hot dripping down your thighs shit on the Internet

You're the biggest fucking loser alive I hope you Unironically drown in a sewer
>>
>>68724510

I wonder how many feminist cunts watching this got really wet at the sight of a man being murdered by a woman
>>
What do you all think of D&Ds autistic 7 books, 7 kingdoms, 7 seasons bull?
>>
>>68735628
Why does Brienne look like a model from a 80s glam rock music video?
>>
>>68738289
here's your (You)
>>
>>68724131
>arya's storyline is so far behind.

holy shit kill yourself asap.
>>
>>68734381
let me guess, you dress up as some random character from page 698 of Feast because le cool!! go gurrrrrrmmm
>>
>>68737925
you actually took the time to screenshot this rather than just you know listening to the dialogue that explains why they are doing what they're doing. hope you stole this graphic from someone dumber than you.
>>
>>68737691
bravo!!! you are the azor azhai of this thread for killing the dornish master plan love!!
>>
>>68741430
I wonder how many MRA SJWs got triggered by it
>>
File: galaxy quest hey alright.gif (930 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
galaxy quest hey alright.gif
930 KB, 200x133
>>68737691
this. The entire time I read the Dorne chapters I really wanted Doran to die. He just prevented anything interesting from happening other than getting his son killed and his Lannister ward kidnapped by his heir Arianne, because she was trying to start a war with the Lannisters.

I don't get why they went with the Sand Snakes instead of just adapting Arianne though.
>>
>>68723272
and who
are you
and who are you
and you and you and you
AND WHO
ARE YOU
AND WHO ARE YOU
>>
>>68723905
The sad thing is there were some really good OC scenes with Robert in S1, everything since then has been edgelord stupidity though.
>>
>>68741229
Man, I remember flipping my shit when they mentioned in an offhand comment that Davos had been killed.
It made the first few Davos chapters in ADWD much more interesting to me.
>>
>>68744450
Davos is the last genuinely good person left, he better survive Skagos.
>>
>>68724510
??!?? What?
>>
what i really don't get is why all of Doran's guards and shit didn't give a fuck about him or areo getting murdered

also areo died instantly to a single, tiny dagger being stabbed in his side while he was wearing what looked to be leather gear but doran lived just long enough after getting stabbed in the fucking heart for the sand bitch to get off some blatant woo grl power bullshit.

honestly fuck this show
>>
>>68724935
lol u showfag
>>
>>68744745
>what i really don't get is why all of Doran's guards and shit didn't give a fuck about him or areo getting murdered

Because it was essentially a military coup. It had been 17 years of Doran forcing a bunch of belligerent Dornishmen to bide their time while they continuously got fucked by the Lannisters and the throne they stole. They're a culture of Tony Montanas and he was sat quiet douchebag that spent every fucking day at the water gardens watching naked kids play.

>also areo died instantly to a single, tiny dagger being stabbed in his side while he was wearing what looked to be leather gear but doran lived
Yeah that shit was dumb. Woulda likely been poisoned. Whatever it's a soap opera. Just got to get through CHARACTER GETS KILLED on the script.
>just long enough after getting stabbed in the fucking heart for the sand bitch to get off some blatant woo grl power bullshit.
Pretty much the same shit as where the books are going. Dorne was founded by a woman, they inherit on equal grounds. Dorne is feminism: the kingdom.
>honestly fuck this show
Or just don't get triggered by fantasy dragonshit.
>>
>>68744745
>Woo grl power shit
Are you that dense that you actually think you're meant to think the sand snakes are good people? They're actually straight up villians and the show isn't trying to hide it
>>
>>68744745
>what i really don't get is why all of Doran's guards and shit didn't give a fuck about him or areo getting murdered
It's poorly established. But the sand snakes aren't the only ones upset about the deaths of Elia Martell and her children. the country mourned their deaths, and many wish to seek revenge. Doran's plan of revenge was a long game though. Slow and methodical. Completely opposite of Oberyn's hot blooded nature. To everyone else, it appeared as though Doran would do nothing. That he would simply make peace with the Lannisters. Ellaria and the sand snakes couldn't wait. They didn't trust his weak way of handling things. So they killed him. The guards agreed. And Ellaria chastised him for being out of touch.

Areo was stabbed directly in the back. The blade likely went through his spine. You can see when Tyene removes the dagger to toss at the messenger.
Severing your spine would essentially instantly paralyze you. Areo might have still been alive while he lay. But unable to move.
>>
>>68723272
>BOAT
Is the prince not on the boat?

No one likes the sneks, at the end of the day w.e but how were the sisters on the boat? And if they werent, why was the prince NOT on the boat? Why didnt they take the Prince to cersci and let her torture him thus progressing her hateful storyline?

Shit is questionable. I would hope they get killed off before the season ends, Dorne is the worst part of the show at the moment.
>>
>>68725133
>Shogun

Holy shit that was a GOAT book, Toranaga is the most based
>>
I'm glad I can enjoy this show. It just gets more and more entertaining for me every episode.

Have fun crying after every episode and then continuing to watch it every week lolz
>>
>>68735534
Pandering. They expect the audience to be on-board with the idea of two women toying with a young man and then brutally executing him like he deserved it. We see the scene mostly from the Sneks point of view. It's creepy how many SJW's on twittumblr are applauding that shit openly, saying that foolish young men deserve what they get. Nobody was cheering the Ramsey rape scene, so they can't say that was pandering to males.

Sneks are sandshit.
>>
>>68724935
>h-hey guise i read da books too
No you didn't because that never happened
>>
File: image.jpg (455 KB, 4040x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455 KB, 4040x626
>>68725063
Are you me? I explain this to so many people ALL the time. Seriously, NORMIES ruin everything they touch
>>
>>68746975
I liked the other version of this better. Where the girl manages to transform some of the dude on the inside, to either "alpha" or "beta" roles. And the alphas lose focus trying to impress the girl.
>>
They think they are clever with their political metaphors.

>durr stannis is a right wing religious conservative. this is why we hate him.

there is no complex characterization. The show is made for reddit tier audiences that like to cheer against cartoon bad guys
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.