[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain the logistics here? Or help me understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 29
File: sneks.jpg (4 MB, 3156x2100) Image search: [Google]
sneks.jpg
4 MB, 3156x2100
Can anyone explain the logistics here? Or help me understand the timeline?

Is Trystane on a ship with the two Sand Sluts? Which ship is this? It couldn't be the first ship he disembarks on, as the Snakes are all standing on the dock when the ship departs.

Did the ship turn around and drop Trystane off at the dock? And then he got on another ship? Where would he even be going? Even if that made sense, which it doesn't, then did he just forget to tell his father that Myrcella was dead?

Also, why is he bothering with funeral preparations when Myrcella's body is on the way to Kings Landing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Ifc12cs38

D&D, you are two greedy bitches, did you know that?
>>
Was also curious about this...
>>
What's more baffling is the reappearance of the sand snakes, after the public outcry about them...
>>
>>68718761
The sneks borrowed Littlefinger's teleportation device. Trystane remained on the boat instead of being taken to the Red Keep where he would remain a hostage to be used to ensure swift justice was served to Ellaria and the sneks because the writers needed him to.
>>
>>68719038
The problem with the Sand Snakes in season five was that they weren't strong and independent enough. This fixes it entirely, and they are now the strongest and independentest womyn on television. I sense much emmys in the near future.
>>
>>68718761
>wait half a day
>sail after them to KL
>sneak on board and kill him
This shouldn't be hard to grasp
>>
Were there two ships? If there were two ships with Myrcella on the first and Trystane on the second (why not sailing with his betrothed?) how did he learn about her death? And what did everybody do when she died? Wouldn't they all meet and consult or at least ask questions? Wouldn't they change course and return? It looks like they all proceeded as if nothing happened. Wouldn't there be visible turmoil and changing plans?
>>
>>68718761
Why did one of the sneks turn into a Muslim version of Rey?
>>
>>68718761
Oh shit the sneks are back?

I was thinking of waiting until the whole season comes out but now I dont even wanna watch it anymore.
>>
>>68719788
It's just poor storytelling, there is no defending it.
>>
>>68719788
the viewer doesn't need to be handheld but it was badly shown if this was the case.
>>
>>68718761
nobody on /tv/ was asking about the logistics and what happened in S3E1 with Night's Watch having fought an offscreen battle
>>
>>68718761
>two Sand Sluts
the correct term is: sneks
>>
I thought they were going to do some delicious femdom stuff but then they just kill him.
>>
>>68722006
Logistical concerns tend to be forgotten if the scene is otherwise good.

This segment was meh on the acting, poorly built up to, sudden, and leaves you wondering the motivations of the involved parties. So it gets nitpicked more.
>>
if they snuck on board why does he say "I'm not hungry"

did he think they snuck on board to bring him food?
>>
>in a fucking a room
>ima gonna kill you using muh whip

B R A V O
>>
>>68718761
They swam aboard, how can no one get this? Honestly /tv/ is the nitpickingest board
>>
Does no one lock their fucking doors in TV/movies
>>
>>68722190
Their clothes were dry.
>>
>rapier in right hand
>left foot forward
>>
>>68718761
I love how everyone on /tv/ is constantly complaining about how media is constantly being dumbed down for "normies", but still bitch and moan when every single detail isn't spoonfed to them.

>B-But how did they get on the boat??

They obviously waited a fair amount of time and then sailed after them in a smaller boat.

>B-but Brienne has a GPS how did she find sansa???

You mean the person she's been looking for for multiple seasons? You think she's done after killing Stannis? She saw the group of Bolton men leaving Winterfell in a large group with dogs, decided to follow to see what's good.

>B-but why did smelly melly turn old? She's had the necklace off before!!! Dabid and Dan are so stupid!!!

It's the first fucking episode of the season. They're creating intrigue. It will pay off later in the season. D&D are providing talking points for watercooler discussions.

>B-But meme dwarf and spyyyder were walking around mereen with no protection!

Why would anyone want to fuck with two people who they've never met? This episode picks up almost immediately after season 5 episode 10, so why should we expect that word has gotten out that Tyrion is 'in charge' of Mereen? The only people in the room where Daario and Jorah, who left, and Grey Worm and Missandei, who probably haven't even informed the rest of the Unsullied yet.

I can keep going if any of you retards want.
>>
File: sneks.jpg (39 KB, 930x481) Image search: [Google]
sneks.jpg
39 KB, 930x481
you think they were in dorne but

>*it's a hologram*
>>
File: GO2PMwg.jpg (100 KB, 480x1500) Image search: [Google]
GO2PMwg.jpg
100 KB, 480x1500
>>68718761
>>
>>68722170
The whole scene was pretty damn retarded but this was the most retarded thing
>>
>>68722347
he looks like pinoccio to be honest...
>>
>sand snakes
It's sneks, okay faggots?

Anyway, I GUESS the answer is that Trystane was on the ship with Myrcella, and is now in KL, and the sneks caught up to him on another ship, and are now also in KL. It's horseshit, but it's the least retarded thing I can think of it.
>>
>>68722307

Lost me at the last two. Second to last one seems like a clear gaffe and the last one is fucking obvious, dwarves are sought after prizes for their cocks. he should never be walking around without protection. Why would ANYONE actively ruling a city walk around it without protection. What if you get mugged? What if some random shit happens?
>>
>>68722190
From shore? Did you see how fucking far away the ship was? Are you stupid?
>>
I forgot, did Trystane actually board that ship with Myrcela?
>>
>>68722307
>They obviously waited a fair amount of time and then sailed after them in a smaller boat.
So they're now in King's Landing, surrounded by the people whose princess they just killed? Awesome.
>>
>>68722190
then the food would've gotten wet
>>
>>68720083
The Jaime I know would have sailed to Lannisport and put Trystan in an iron maiden until Dorne could be dealt with also without a legitimate heir won't Dorne succumb to anarchy?
>>
>>68722582
We don't know. We think so. The sneks then took another ship to KL and found Trystane on the ship and killed him. So now they're in KL, surrounded by enemies. Awesome. No one knows why they didn't just hide an assassin on the ship or pretend to go with Trystane as bodyguards or literally anything that wasn't fucking stupid.

But it's Hack&Hack, what can we expect.
>>
>>68722133
Kek laughed way to hard at this
>>
>>68722170
>implying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiYAT7iwgA
>>
>>68722170
Let's try using a whip in close quarters against a man with a fencing sword.

That'll work well. They should have sent bad pussy instead, at least she uses daggers.
>>
>>68722829
But could she teleport back to kill giga with a dagger through boiled leather and muscle
>>
>>68722536
The necklace thing is something that only time will tell to see which one of us is right, but I will admit it could go either way. As for Tyrion, what does he actually have to worry about though? All the normal citizens are terrified of going outside because of all the shit going down, and the sons of the harpy are laying low/regrouping after the events in the pits. I feel like it's not that big of a deal that he's just kind of chilling. Especially especially after we see the boats burning, whoever the mastermind is was obviously focusing his efforts elswhere.

>>68722649
No, they were on a boat that was anchored in the harbor with virtually no one on it. Before anyone knows what happened, they'll get on the same boat they used to catch up to them and then sail back to dorne.
>>
>>68722927
Should have been spear girl who killed giga nigga. And bad pussy killing Trystane.
>>
File: le-merchant-happy.gif (1 MB, 300x289) Image search: [Google]
le-merchant-happy.gif
1 MB, 300x289
So apparently this is what the show apologist is saying. Bronn, Jaime, Myrcella corpse and Trystane (on his way to take Oberyn's seat on the small council) make their way back to King's Landing. Myrcella dies when they are not too far off the coast. For some reason Jaime doesn't turn the ship around and confront Doran, but sails home like a defeated cuck.

Jaime takes a rowing boat to the dock, leaving Trystane and Bronn on the main ship in the King's Landing harbor. Somehow the sneks have been tailing Jaime's ship (despite last being seen on the Dornish dock) and enter it with invisibility cloaks 20 good men style shortly after Jaime leaves it to bring Myrcella's body to Cersei. The sneks bust into Trystane's quarters, dodging Bronn and whoever else was on the ship, and confront him. Trystane doesn't look surprised at all to see his cousins have crashed his ship a hundred gorillion miles away. He dies. Because extinguishing the Martell name will really show those dastardly Lannisters!

Actual excerpt from A Dance With Dragons. The Sand Snakes react to Doran's revelation about Cersei's plot to kill Trystane. She was planning to use Balon Swann in this.

Seven save us,” whispered Tyene. “Trystane? Why?”

“The woman must be mad,” Obara said. “He’s just a boy.”

“This is monstrous,” said Lady Nym. “I would not have believed it, not of a Kingsguard knight.''
>>
File: Capo_Ferro's_Third_Guard.jpg (40 KB, 461x307) Image search: [Google]
Capo_Ferro's_Third_Guard.jpg
40 KB, 461x307
>That stance
NAILED IT.

Also how stupid was this scene? She was going to fight a dude in a confined space with a whip vs a rapier? She'd get BTFO instantly.
>>
>>68722927
>show him tits
>he has to disarm to feel them with hands
>stab him

easy
>>
>>68722951
>No, they were on a boat that was anchored in the harbor with virtually no one on it. Before anyone knows what happened, they'll get on the same boat they used to catch up to them and then sail back to dorne.
Risking capture both ways, and risking to get taken hostage by Lannister ships. It's pretty dumb buddy.
>>
>>68723024
>She was going to fight a dude in a confined space with a whip vs a rapier? She'd get BTFO instantly.
Exactly what I thought
>>
>>68723042
>characters that have an entire plan based solely on gut emotional reactions to perceived injustice against one beloved member of their family make risky on not totally logical thought out choices

You're right sorry D&D are hacks. It's not like it's possible/probable for their power play to come back and bite them in the ass, that has never happened before in this universe.
>>
>>68718761
>they didn't tie him up and torture his balls until he died

lame
>>
>>68723024
That stance is completely different are you blind.
>>
File: 1458510997182.jpg (15 KB, 236x206) Image search: [Google]
1458510997182.jpg
15 KB, 236x206
>>68723228
>>
>>68723165
The only thing she could rely on here whould be to keep him at a distance, but she wouldn't have any space to swing. So he could just do a running attack and stab her right in the chest and she'd have no way to parry him.

>>68723228
I was being sarcastic anon. He's doing basically everything wrong.
>>
File: 1356043848898.jpg (104 KB, 573x540) Image search: [Google]
1356043848898.jpg
104 KB, 573x540
>chooses to fight girl with whip
>"you know he could easily beat her in a fight and he could probably beat the other chick too, i doubt that'll happen though so they'll probably just stab him in the back like a coward when he starts winning or something"
>immediately stab him in the back
Couldn't roll my eyes hard enough at this dumb scene.
>>
>>68722083
>this

I was expecting bad pussy part 2.
>>
File: bored face.jpg (87 KB, 1300x887) Image search: [Google]
bored face.jpg
87 KB, 1300x887
>>68722347
Why did they just poison both?

Urgh. You know, for a split second i thought both were gonna fucking die so we can be rid of their shitty acting.
>>
>>68723182
So you agree it's fucking retarded to do then.

>lol the villain's only flaw was that he was a fucking retard xD
Gee, excellent writing there. What masterful use of... stupidity. Truly, this deserves the likely 90+ ratings it'll receive.
>>
To everyone saying it's obvious that the sneks snuck aboard: if that's the case then why wasn't trysstane weirded out by their presence. He thought they were bringing him food. It was heavily implied that they had rode with him and had brought him food several times.
>>
>>68723512
He didn't know it was them. He heard the door open and thought it was some random servant bringing him food.
>>
>>68718761

this entire show looks and feels like a high school play with a huge budget. fucking dreadful
>>
>>68723512
>He thought they were bringing him food.
He said that because he thought they were just servants opening the door.

I hate GoT, and have a billion problems with it, but this isn't one of them.
>>
>>68723544
>>68723576
But he didn't seem surprised when he saw em. I'm just trying to get a handle here, not trying to be a dick
>>
>>68723619
He didn't seem surprised because he's an awful actor.
>>
>>68723619
He did seem surprised. I watched it seconds before typing it, but as >>68723660 said he's not a very good actor.
>>
>>68723501
Goddamn dude are you serious?

bad decisions made by the character =/= bad writing

The fact that GoT is full of flawed characters is part of what makes it so good. The sneks plan isn't logical. Ellaria wants revenge, she wants to go to war, that is all they are focusing on. If every single character acted with perfect foresight and had insanely high intelligence then you would all bitch that it was boring.

People are not perfect. Part of what makes the show entertaining is that we as the audience can tell when the characters are making mistakes because we have an outside perspective. That's why the Red Wedding was tragic. We loved Robb and wanted him to succeed, but obviously he ultimately had to pay for the mistakes he mad as a young and inexperienced commander.

You're singling out the sand snakes because 1: they're women and 2: the dorne subplot is perhaps the biggest transgression from the source material, which you probably haven't even read, but it makes it an easy target for baseless criticism
>>
>>68723619
They were dressed like soldiers who should be loyal to him and serve him. So he probably didn't think they were a threat.

>>68723660
This is also a possibility.
>>
>>68722803
>you will never be this happy again
>>
This thread sucks I'm going to Reddit now.
>>
>>68718761
It's all just tits and dragons man
>>
Why didn't the guards try to take out Doran if they were all in on the plan? Did they know Doran was about to be killed? How did they get everyone on the same page? Surely dissent and treason on such a large scale would have at least some guards objecting. They didn't even feign surprise when Doran got stabbed
>>
>>68723696
> You're singling out the sand snakes because 1: they're women
> Because they're women

Remember when everyone was calling Theon a retard for doing what he did ? Of all the bad decisions anyone ever made, Theon probably made the worst.
>>
>>68722307
Where about was the boat they sailed to?
I thought it was just off of King's Landing.
>>
>>68723544
>>68723576
then how did no one make a commotion when they snuck aboard? they didn't notice a whole boat sailing right up to them?
>>
>>68722133
LMFAO
>>
>>68723696
thankfully they are only flawed when it has the most shock value. Truly coninient good writing that is.
>>
>>68723860
But Theon is literally a woman now.
>>
>>68723696
>bad decisions made by the character =/= bad writing
Not always, but at some point it pretty much fucking is.

There's a difference between a character doing arbitrarily stupid shit, and having a character act in a way that we know is not optimal.

GoT is shit mate, and certainly not just because they handled killing Trystane weirdly. Where did the dogs hunting Sansa go? Why did Khal Jhogo - or whoever he was - trust Daeny at face value? Why didn't Salsa and Theon freeze to death? Why did Tyrion and Varys risk going out into the public, knowing - even saying - that murderers are everywhere? Herpderp they were newly arrived. So what? News travel quickly. It was a totally unnecessarily risky play. Why are we lead to believe only now that Melly's amulet kept the glamour on her, when she's been totally naked before? Why did Alliser even kill Jon AFTER he let the wildlings through, when he could EASILY foresee the fact that the wildlings would probably be really fucking mad about it? What's his plan now? To kill tens of thousands of wildlings? Castle Black barely withstood a small raid of people who climbed over the Wall.

It's dogshit, and if you watch it for anything other than the memes you're insane.
>>
>>68722170
This is the worst, he could have gone straight for Obara easily getting past the edge of her spear and killed her quickly. After that, Nym isn't going to be able to do shit
>>
>>68723898
That's the part I can't understand, it's just retarded.

Trystane not knowing that it was the snek when they opened the door, and him not acting surprised can easily be explained, but the fact that they're there at all is fucking idiotic.
>>
>two women known as "snakes" come in and say they about to kill you
>turn your back to one of them

>>68722170

is this really the best they can do?
>>
>>68719149
This. He's around King's Landing on a boat. No explanation for the sneks.
>>
>>68723940
W-why would you know those bitches names, dude?
>>
>>68723939
>Not always, but at some point it pretty much fucking is.

Yeah, we're approaching Walking Dead level writing here, when the plot only advances because people make catastrophically bad decisions that gets them killed over and over and over. Only reason anyone ever dies in that show is because they're basically braindead. Now GoT is almost at the same level of stupidity.
>>
>>68723696
No, dude, it is being focused on because it makes no fucking sense. Watch the end of season 5, the ship is already far as hell out. There is no way that they just catch up to it, and if they did that is something that actually needs to be shown because it is incredible--why would they not be antsy about smaller ships approaching after the princess gets murdered, for example. But instead of that D&D went for as much shock value as possible by having consecutive assassination scenes and dumbass quips forgetting about the actual logistics of the scenario. They also could have just not had all the Snakes smugging it up at the pier at the end of the last season, that would have been fine too, but as it is it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>68723939
The justification Thorne did for killing Snow made no fucking sense too. "We killed him, but it was because we disagreed with him, so it's okay".

I'm not saying most of the watch wouldn't side with him, but you'd expect at least some of them, just not Snow's friends to be like "Nah, fuck that Thorne".
>>
>>68723989
Nah man, as you see brilliantly explained in >>68723696, GoT is GOAT because we totes like know Trystane shouldn't, like, do that, you know xD? It's like totally so well written that he acts like a literal fucking retard xDDD

Omg 9/10 writing well done D&D bravo have my babbies :^DDD
>>
>>68718761
>he hasn't realized that the sand snakes and Brienne are poorly written feminist pandering that completely ruins the show who's entire theme is "everybody dies"

Everybody dies, unless you're a strong independent feminist woman who has plot armor and magically kills all the CIS males.
>>
>>68719788
>sneak on board a heavily guarded ship with eyes everywhere in broad daylight

K..
>>
>>68723793
You're already here mate
>>
>>68724049
This too, like, he makes a plea that he has been loyal to the watch up until that point. If I killed a congressman and my argument was "Oh I was loyal to the government up until they did X" I would considered an idiot.
>>
>>68723860
Yes, i remember Theon being criticized. But the sand snakes aren't being called out for the decisions they're making, D&D are for their writing, and that's the difference.

>>68723887
Most of king's landing is pretty busy mourning their princess. Trystane was being kept on the boat while people are deciding what to do with him. Too much risk of him being murdered if he was brought to the mainland, they did not foresee the snakes getting him because they don't yet know that they have a plan/what it is.

>>68723916
Flawed characters create conflict which creates drama which is expressed in this show as both political intrigue and violent/gory deaths, both of which are satisfied by the sand snake's power play.
>>
>>68719788
>sneak on board
>guy isn't surprised to see them
>>
>>68722133
Oh shit he did say that lmfao
>>
>>68724103
All men must die, but we are not men ;- )
>>
What I didn't get is where was Davos when Jon Snow got killed? He just happened upon the corpse minutes later? Why did the commander give them "until sundown" to surrender? Shit is so stupid.
>>
File: ed5.png (46 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
ed5.png
46 KB, 201x160
>>68723015
nicely summarised
>Because extinguishing the Martell name will really show those dastardly Lannisters
kek
>>
>>68723455
you know i actually thought he might be cool and kill em both... but no
fuckin JUST
>>
>>68724150
Flawed characters are okay, and yes it does make for compelling stories.

But retarded characters, especially when they should know better when it's explained to them, several times that what they're doing is stupid, but them doing so anyway, and then getting shafted by their decision isn't engaging.
>>
>>68722307
The fact that the SoH even let Tyrion and Co out of the fighting pits once Kelly C abandoned ship is retarded enough. They clearly know Tyrion is a top adivisor and stupidly let him live, twice.
>>
>>68724170
dorne will never again be ruled by weak men ;) :pp
>>
>>68723696
>We loved Robb and wanted him to succeed

I didn't, I've always found the Lanisters way more likeable than the Starks, as morally reprehensible as they are. Tyrion and Tywin got shit done.
>>
File: 1461474859725.png (305 KB, 433x416) Image search: [Google]
1461474859725.png
305 KB, 433x416
>>68718761
>>
File: what if.jpg (127 KB, 650x432) Image search: [Google]
what if.jpg
127 KB, 650x432
Pretty clear to me whats going on.
Gendry while rowing his boat ran into CIA, who gave him a flight plan to spread chaosh so ladders could be built.

So obviously he's been rowing people from here to there to do shit that fucks up the realms. Pretty obvious when you think about it.
>>
>>68722734
I have a terrible feeling. What if D&D will have the sneks do the killings that Varys did in the books?
>>
>>68723619
>>68723682
>>68723660
just rewtched, as soon as he saw them he looked visibly confused and alarmed
>>
File: 123.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
123.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>sand snakes going after Trystane wasn't shown for even a second
>no one noticed two little dornish girls swimming over to this ship
>they weren't wet when they got on the ship
>came over in a row boat? too obvious, and not one saw this either?
>Trystane has no guards outside is door despite being at the heart of Lannister power
>he goes to fight the one who poses almost no threat to him who has a whip
>turns his back unnecessarily to the one with a fucking spear
>>
>>68724390
Then we'll meme about it, and life will be good. Don't abandon hope. Otherwise they win.
>>
>>68723940
why do you know their names?
>>
>>68724374
Nah, he rowed into Meereen just as they set the Docks on fire.
He's dead.
>>
>>68723015
>Because extinguishing the Martell name will really show those dastardly Lannisters!

DABID, THIS IS BRILLIANT
>>
File: arianne-martell-10163-jpeg.jpg (66 KB, 676x960) Image search: [Google]
arianne-martell-10163-jpeg.jpg
66 KB, 676x960
It kills me that they would put in these retarded ugly annoying uninteresting small "stronk" girls and cut Arianne Martell, an ambitious, strong, ethnic sexbomb of a character who actually has an interesting storyline with twists and deaths and sex. She even fits the "not men" thing by plotting to use Myrcellas claim on the throne. She seems absolutely PERFECT for what the creators like to do with the series. Except for not being retarded that is.
>>
>>68718761
>I'm a strong woman with no militar strategy exerience, so I'm going to kill all the men who actually know how to command an army so I can go to war with an entire kingdom full of experienced soldiers and generals so I can avenge an adulterous man
>>
>>68723940
I'm unfamiliar with those names. Are you referring to whip snek and spear snek, by any chance?
>>
>>68724150
>Yes, i remember Theon being criticized. But the sand snakes aren't being called out for the decisions they're making, D&D are for their writing, and that's the difference.

The difference is that back in the earlier seasons people weren't as openly annoyed by D&Ds constantly stupid writing, these days they are so everything bad in the show will be blamed on them. And theon's choices were bad, not bad writing. Sneks are a bit too one dimensional for it to be a credible revenge story. You could understand theons motivation even if you didn't agree with it. Sneks are just being obstinate and their actions are out of porportion.
>>
>>68724582
and since he has kingsblood it counts a a sacrifice to tyrion (who rules in mereen), which will allow him to ride a dragon and go and rescue khaleesi!!!

We should be writing this show
>>
If it was foregone conclusion that Trystane and Doran should be dead meat, why did the sneks wait so long? All the guards were okay with it.
>>
>>68724390
dont even make me think that fuck
>>
I think trystanes ship was docked at the port.

How else would word have gotten to the king that mrycella is dead?

Also explains why he was not surprised to see his cousins on the ship
>>
>>68724605
D&D are legit either super misogynist, making actually-weak-"stronk"-womyn, or they literally think the sneks are strong and cool characters.

Either way, I find that Cersei is a good litmus test. If a girl thinks she's smart and cool, she's a stupid cunt and only good for dickin'.
>>
>>68724468
he is a flawed character.
It's good writing.
>>
File: Shae_in_Two_Swords.png (2 MB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Shae_in_Two_Swords.png
2 MB, 1000x1500
>>68724468
What ship?
>>
>>68723455
>>68724269

That's also what I though. I though they were going to build up a badass Trystane who hides himself under his fuccboi appearences.
It would've been pretty cool and we could've got ridden of the Sneks. But no.
>>
I need someone to tell me what the fuck happened to the two men in the Bolton search party who were handling the hounds. They were both standing in front of Sansa then upon Brienne's appearance they just vanish. I do not remember seeing them being killed. Assumed they ran away?
>>
>>68718761
I'm just assuming stuff but Trystane was probs on a separate ship to king's landing, which the snakes stowed away on, knowing the plan in advanced.

Also theres nothing REALLY to indicate when those snakes killed Tristane. He was on a ship, which would have no way of communicating with the main land. It could have happened weeks before king martel was back stabbed, or before the lannister girl was poisoned.

People are looking at it too literally, the point is that it happened.
>>
>>68724715
I found this funny, how many guards did they have to kill, the big nig and maybe one other.
>>
File: Fucking confirmed.jpg (155 KB, 1127x634) Image search: [Google]
Fucking confirmed.jpg
155 KB, 1127x634
Fucking confirmed!!
>>
>>68724327
edgy
>>
Were the girls that killed Trystane even present in the Dock scene? It's not as unbelievable if they aren't there.
>>
This totally baffled me because I thought the plan at the end of season 5 was to kill Myrcella whilst Trystane was in Lannister custody. Lannisters kill Trystane, which means Doran has no choice but to declare war.

Instead, two of the sandsneks watched the ship leave, ran over to a faster ship, overtook Jaime's ship mid voyage, beat them back to KL, lay in wait for the ship to arrive, watched Jaime leave with Myrcella, got in a rowboat, snuck on board, avoided the guards (or Bronn? Was he still there?) and then murdered Trystane.

And if you think that sounds convoluted, silly or poorly thought out, then you're apparently pickier than the emmys.
>>
>>68724750
yeh man, don'tchu know that a character's flaws makes them interesting, so a clinically retarded moron making arbitrarily bullshit choices is SO FUCKING INTERESTING TO WATCH xDDD!!!!
>>
>>68722334
>>68724828
a
>>
File: 1453941036265.jpg (6 KB, 136x136) Image search: [Google]
1453941036265.jpg
6 KB, 136x136
It annoys me how they keep acting as if oberyn was murdered. He died in honourable single combat which he chose to engage in, against the biggest scariest fucker in the realm.
>>
>>68718761
So all of the hoopla about the Martells and Hotah being cast was totally pointless.

Did Areo even kill anyone in the show lol?

>more sneks

Jesus, I was hoping Trystane was going to kill them both just to give the boys a win but I guess they're saving them for Bronn
>>
>>68724871
>AND DORAN DEEED NOOTHEEENG
>>
>>68724806
I thought i was going crazy regarding the dogs, they were there one minute then literally vanished
>>
>>68724823
Holy shit nice find.
Brienne probably saw him and will mention it in the next episode for those who didn't see him.
>>
Why the fuck would they kill their prince and own kin? Is the fact that they are kinslayers going to be brought up
>>
>>68724819
The blocking of the same shot (Dornish ship anchored off the coast of KL) before both the scene of Jaime leaving with Myrcella's body and the scene of Trystane getting shanked clearly shows that they were on the same ship.
>>
>>68721832
I had hope for S6 so I watched. I thought S5 was just a down season like most series have in their careers. But no. D&D hacks took the worst of S5 and brought it to S6 as one of the main plotlines.
>>
File: 1461606185112.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461606185112.jpg
222 KB, 1280x720
>>68724468
Just look!!!
>>
>>68724108
Doran was also guarded. I you know what thoses guards did? Nothing, The entire boat was the sneks belly. Tristane couldn't even escape if he wanted.
>>
>>68724819
immediately before the scene with trystane, did it not show the ship jaime came from outside kings landing?
>>
>>68724955
>ENHANCE!
>>
>>68724982
They did. It's the same ship.
>>
>>68724862
Are those the two girls on the ship? They're out of focus with different hair. It's hard to even tell outside of Bad Pussy?
>>
I am really scared what they are going to do with the Dorne plot line if they haven't sacked it now.
>>
>>68724955
Is this the birth of an epic new may may?

Also, nice dibs! XD
>>
>>68724002
>>68724562
>>68724648
Fuggin showfags, am i rite?
>>
>>68718761
It's a fantasy show with dragons. Stop worrying about it so much. Is your life so boring that you have to care about a fictional show this fucking much? Relax and enjoy the show. Or if you don't like it, fucking turn it off and live your life. Stop worrying about shit that doesn't fucking matter.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 219x230
>>68724472
>>
>>68725059
Sneks will rule the iron throne with Daenerys as Queen and Brienne as Hand. OMG Female rulers all is well, peace, harmony! Greatest happy ending! White Walkers blown away by their beauty and tax policys, Oh GRRM so interesting, what Tolkien never knew!
>>
>>68724871
this
It would be one thing if he was assassinated during his stay at kings landing
But he gladly gave the Mountain a chance to kill him without punishment by entering a trial by combat.

Which of course he only lost because he was too busy dancing around like a twat and instead of finishing Gregor off.
>>
>>68724827
He's got a point though. Robb was a great leader and strategist but his idealism and ideas about leadership would make it hard for him to rule. Great guy to follow into combat but kept making questionable political mistakes that ended up getting a lot of people getting fucked over. Terrible relationships with his allies.

He's based on the historical king Carl XII of Sweden, young warrior king who went into the front lines with his men, kept winning battles but shit diplomatic and political choices that fucked him over badly and he lost everything.
>>
>>68725158
>It's a fantasy show with dragons.

It still needs in-universe consistency. If chuck norris showed up and roundhouse kicked tommen baratheon into the moon would you say, relax it's a fantasy show with dragons?
>>
>>68718761
>jewesses
>>
>>68725051
Yes.
Sarella Sand, using her newly acquired Maester skills, casted a glamour on two random girls so they appear as spear snek and whip snek.
>>
>>68725205
It wouldn't be a lie
>>
>>68724947
I'd have to watch the end of season 5 again, thats the key to it all.

I just don't recall them being on the same ship.

The reason it would be blocked like that would be for the sake of linear narrative, to show all of these events happening roughly at the same time, for the sake of making a coherent episode.

But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't imply it actually all happened at the same time. A little dumb on their part, but when I watched it I didnt assume it was literally all happening in one day
>>
>>68725158
This, shit's so tight. Turn off your brain and enjoy it man xD
>>
>>68725158
Just switch your brain off and enjoy the ride. Tune in next time to see what other shocking deaths and internet breaking moments the show has in store
:^)
>>
>>68725293
but it would also be profoundly stupid.

Which I guess is enough for brainless cretins that think the shows still at around the same quality
>>
>>68725158
It's a cool show with lots of interesting, deep characters. You will be amazed.
>>
>>68724049
>>68724147

Not even that, it was more like

>I was loyal to the watch, until somebody gave an order I didn't agree with
>>
>>68725293
Would you be able to enjoy a show that broke its own rules willy nilly? Would Breaking Bad have been as good if Superman just suddenly game in and saved someone, or if Walter White just said: "I guess we have to use magic just this once" or whatever? Take any show you like. "Just relax man, it's just a show xD" doesn't magically make any flaw okay.
>>
>>68725260
I don't see Whip Snek on those docks
>>
File: super dogs.jpg (93 KB, 1686x944) Image search: [Google]
super dogs.jpg
93 KB, 1686x944
>>68724955
>>68725017

I just did, got a good find.
>>
File: 14616068656832.jpg (228 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14616068656832.jpg
228 KB, 1280x720
>>68724955
>>
>>68725486
WTF is he going to do with those dogs?!
>>
>>68724898
He fucking cut Oakheart, member of the Kings guard, into 2 pieces with an overhand cut in the books
>>
The only way I can think to explain it is that they took another boat, probably got in a rowboat and went over to his, and the guards on his boat (because they were dornish) were somehow in on the plan to assassinate him, though they waited for the snakes and had no real reason to be involved because they're a political envoy and the snakes were in jail for the majority of time until the boat left.
>>
File: 146160686568323.jpg (260 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
146160686568323.jpg
260 KB, 1280x720
>>68725621
>>
>the importance of establishing shots: the thread
>>
>>68724871
They are mostly pissed off about Elia Martell being raped and killed and then also Oberyn. But I agree that they are all mad bitches.
>>
>>68725860
yeah prob a different boat

Also Tristane was GOING TO BE married into the Lannisters but it hadn't happened yet

so it wouldn't be unreal to think that he was constantly being guarded by the Dornish, who (being common men of dorn) would be on the side of bad-pussy snakes, who would have let them on the boat
>>
>>68726023
I said this in another thread, but I'll reiterate. It's a bit ironic that Trystane is partially killed for his softness towards the Lannisters, particularly his love for Myrcella, when the Dornish are all about loving whoever you want and sticking it in anything.
>>
>>68726173
Yeah it's weird. They seem to have weird social codes in Dorne. Didn't one of the sneks kill her mother with a spear to go on adventures with Oberyn?
>>
>>68726173
it had next to nothing to do with Tristane's points of view. it was simply because he was the son and blood air of the king the bad pussy snakes were trying to oust.

That's the move, to eliminate all blood heirs of the "weak" ruling king and bring in a new era of leadership for dorn
>>
Why couldn't they just adapt the books? Arianne and Aegon would have been infinitely better than this shit.
>>
File: got.gif (628 KB, 500x241) Image search: [Google]
got.gif
628 KB, 500x241
>>68726316
>>
The way they killed that boy was disappointing and gutless. Back stab is a shit move.
>>
>>68724327
So edgy
>>
>>68724374

thank you for the kek
>>
>>68718761
I think it would actually be difficult for the girl with the spear to be in a worse stance.
>>
>>68726316
it would have taken too long to add in tyrion's meeting with griff and their journey on the river, without which such an important character would seem like a huge ass pull, and even then it seemed a bit out of nowhere in the books

I can absolutely understand why they cut it
>>
>>68726316
>>68726675
They didn't even need Aegon. Put in Arianne with her Queenmaker plot that goes to hell. I would have liked to see Quentyn in Mereen too.
>>
File: got-sand-snakes-125727.jpg (182 KB, 655x363) Image search: [Google]
got-sand-snakes-125727.jpg
182 KB, 655x363
>>
File: wat.jpg (31 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
31 KB, 500x498
>Doran is walking
Oh ok that's weird but whatever
>he gets fucking stabbed because reasons
I seriously lost all my hope at that moment

ToJ better be the best scene of all time for me to have hope again
>>
>>68724327
Have you ever been tested for autism?
>>
File: sausage s.gif (1 MB, 365x250) Image search: [Google]
sausage s.gif
1 MB, 365x250
>>68719038
>>
File: 1455746821633.png (13 KB, 802x654) Image search: [Google]
1455746821633.png
13 KB, 802x654
>>68726877
snek
>>
>>68726301
My point is Trystane was seen as weak partly because he is able to so easily fall in love with a Baratheon/Lannister when, in the Snakes' eyes, he should be reviled by her presence. I know they're primarily doing it because they just see Doran and his line in general as weak but I have to believe, unless the Snakes and Ellaria really are just dumb broads who want to kill based on one fact, that they factored in his love for Myrcella when determining whether he was worthy of living. Maybe I'm reading into it too much though and I shouldn't assume much foresight from the Snakes.
>>
>>68724754
kek, someone link the pic
>>
File: mind blown.gif (2 MB, 300x304) Image search: [Google]
mind blown.gif
2 MB, 300x304
>>68722133
>tfw Sand Sneks is really Sand Snacks
>>
>>68726877
Why are non-white women with stern attitude faces so damn ugly? Find an uglier cunt. You can't.
>>
>>68726675
I doubt it would have been worse than this, they could change some things if necessary
>>
>>68726599
Maybe they realized how hopelessly bad their stunt coordinators and actors were so they decided not to waste their time to even try to make it look good?

But honestly, rapier vs whip or spear in that tiny room would just have been instawin for the rapier guy. So i guess they wanted to keep the sneks alive without having to bother to make a good fight scene.
>>
>>68722276
Thank you
>>
>>68718761
>I'm gonna honor/avenge Oberyn's death.. by murdering his brother!
>>
>>68726877
>nipples on a breastplate
>>
>>68722307
Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>68722006
Because that wasn't a logical issue. We know what happened. The Others arrive in a snowstorm, we hear sounds of fighting, then we see the Night's Watch harried. It's clear what happened, and how, and it doesn't contradict what we previously knew, three things that can't be said about the Sand Snakes showing up on the boat.
>>
>>68724823
>his face in the right panel
is the realization of every bookfag of what D&D have done
>>
>>68726599
He was also kin, Oberyn's nephew. There quest to avenge Oberyn's death has so far killed two Martells and one soon to have been Martell.
>>
>>68727097
They really really really liked him.
>>
>>68727097
Yeah bitches actions make no sense.
>>
>>68722133
They should've just given him poisoned food tbqh
>>
>>68725877
How are D&D going to explain all this convoluted shit? Fucking nautical assholes everywhere, yet they keep the Ironborn on Pyke. Fucking hacks.
>>
If you were D&D right now, and the next episode is the final episode of this god forsaken show, how would you end it?
>>
>>68727434
Winter comes and the temperature drops to absolute 0 and every single living thing is frozen
>>
File: PHMC393_5rap_lr.jpg (84 KB, 677x430) Image search: [Google]
PHMC393_5rap_lr.jpg
84 KB, 677x430
>>68727017
With sideswords the footwork is a bit different so you move more like with a longsword though. Sometimes you have your left foot forwards. But this is 99.9% certain just a failed attempt at a rapier stance and not an attempt to be more medieval than renaissance.

Sidesword is interesting in general though. Medieval footwork so it's quite different from rapier and saber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJ9ACn_a20
>>
>>68718761
Why didn't the Lannister turn his ship and came back after Myrcella's death? They weren't far away when it happened.
>>
>>68718761
>wait, how do I stand when using a rapier again? Err, doesn't matter anyway this stupid cow is using a whip indoors anyway
>>
Does any of this shit make any sense anymore? Theon cut though a guys shield.
>>
File: 1458871345775.png (1 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
1458871345775.png
1 MB, 1242x2208
>>68719234
>The problem with the Sand Snakes in season five was that they weren't strong and independent enough.

You're right.
>>
>>68724154
Yes he was.
>>
>>68727608
Because shitty writing
>>
>>68719234

Underrated post
>>
>>68723696
>You're singling out the sand snakes because 1: they're women

/tv/mblr is back.

GoT is the biggest steaming pile of shit that regularly draws you retards back here for some unknown reason.
>>
>>68725486
The dogs of epic plot hole
>>
Is there any chance Areo survived that blow and then goes on a Sand Snake rampage?
If not
>What was the point of Areo
>>
>>68728682
Areo was a bastardization anyways
>>
>>68725882
Fucking this. What the hell was the director doing in this episode? We had no fucking clue what was happening where.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.