[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of the two, who was the better Anakin Skywalker: Hayden Christensen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: time.jpg (146 KB, 553x1156) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
146 KB, 553x1156
Of the two, who was the better Anakin Skywalker: Hayden Christensen or Jake Lloyd?
>>
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THEY'RE BOTH TERRIBLE
>>
They were both equally annoying brats.
>>
>>68715067

WELL THEN YOU ARE COMPLETELY RIGHT.
>>
>>68715010
you can skip episode one, frankly.
>>
Hayden is actually a good actor (see Life as a House)

The prequel scripts and directing were garbage. Even Ewan and Evian acted poorly in them.
>>
File: Gordons_London_Dry_Gin.jpg (226 KB, 654x917) Image search: [Google]
Gordons_London_Dry_Gin.jpg
226 KB, 654x917
>>68715088
And miss out on Qui-Gon Jinn?
>>
Jake Lloyd was more committed. He's gone total Sith. I hope they get him back for a spin off. That's a good trick.
>>
File: 1458343337296.gif (3 MB, 403x230) Image search: [Google]
1458343337296.gif
3 MB, 403x230
>here it is, the prequel we've all been waiting for
ARE YOU AN ANGEL
YIPPIEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Hayden can act. He's not a great actor, but he can act.

The same can't be said for Jake Lloyd.
>>
>>68715010
David Prowse
>>
>>68715175
To be fair, that sounds exactly like something /tv/ would say to Natalie.
>>
>>68715121

Fucking this. See Shattered Glass, he was amazing in that too.

Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson and Samuel L. jackson were way worse than this guy, and they didn't get even a fraction of the shit he got, because of "MUH DARTH VADER". Butthurt fans ruined this guy's career, instead of blaming the god-awful script and dialogue.

Only Ewan McGregor had a good time filming that shit, and it's mainly because the guy is a huge dork and loved fighting with the lightsabers, and there's a scene in the movie in which he can't contain laughter at how bad the dialogue is.
>>
>>68715088
Oh, can I? Thanks for the permission, dipshit.
>>
File: 1459098483983.jpg (111 KB, 717x587) Image search: [Google]
1459098483983.jpg
111 KB, 717x587
>>68715450
>
>>
>>68715492
I lol'd
>>
>>68715010
Billy Idol
>>
Jake Lloyd managed to capture a new side of Anakin Skywalker, one I don't think people were prepared to see. In fact, people still seem to want to refuse that Darth Vader was ever a young child and posit that the prequels would have been better if Anakin had started out older, around Luke's age in A New Hope. I'm not really sure whether or not this is true, but the reality of the situation is that Jake Lloyd gave us an interesting take on the Anakin character.

Meanwhile, Hayden Christensen performed a more traditional Star Wars role with his portrayal of Anakin Skywalker. While people complain that this Anakin is "too whiny," they ignore that Luke whines a ton in both A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back (Luke matures into a more thoughtful man in Jedi whereas Anakin becomes a more hateful man in Sith).

Ultimately, which one you feel is better depends on what you wanted. If you wanted something new, Lloyd's Anakin is best for you. If you want something familiar, Christensen's Anakin is best for you.
>>
>>68715010
>I don't think Hayden was that bad

I think his acting was fine, writing was shit though. And the romance with Padme was super awkward much of the time.

>Muh sand

I don't see how that is his fault though.
>>
>>68715255
>and there's a scene in the movie in which he can't contain laughter at how bad the dialogue is.

lel, was it in the movie or an outtake thingy?
>>
Hayden is clearly the better actor but his acting ability is still average at best (also not helped by Lucas' poor directing).
>>
>>68717800

it's in the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw
>>
>>68718543
Oh man I must have blocked that from memory hahaha oh wow. There is also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA
>>
>>68715492
> image objectively more reddit than reddit itself

keep that in your folder so you can feel shame every time you see it
>>
>>68716044
>Ultimately, which one you feel is better depends on what you wanted
I wanted the rise of a fearsome, intelligent general. WAS THAT ASKING SO MUCH
>>
>>68715010

>watching the auditions for Phantom Menance
>Jake Lloyd is awful....just awful
>other blonde haired kid is amazing and would make perfect young anakin
>choose Jake Lloyd

and that sums up the prequels
>>
File: image.jpg (288 KB, 936x1380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288 KB, 936x1380
Neither is the best Anakin

This dood is
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.