[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts /tv/? I just saw it and feel like a dumbass, what was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: blackswan.jpg (86 KB, 535x792) Image search: [Google]
blackswan.jpg
86 KB, 535x792
Thoughts /tv/?

I just saw it and feel like a dumbass, what was the idea/message/point?
>>
>>68714952
There wasn't one. It was Snyder levels of bullshit.
>>
>>68714952
Eh. Kind of middling horror-type story of obsession and the like.
>>
It's got almost prime Portman and Kunis fucking. What's not to love?
>>
This and The Wrestler are two sides of the same coin

Someone dying for their art

That's it
>>
Amazing film, one of the best films of the 10s.
>>
>>68715024
Of the options here, I want to think it's the dying for the art, but really it's just middling horror-type story of obsession. but really it's just an amazing booty flic.
>>
>>68714952
it was portman oscar bait are you fucking retarded? the message was vote for our movie please.
>>
>>68715096
>admits being a dumbass
>are you fucking retarded

dumb redundentposter
>>
>>68714952
>what was the idea/message/point?
Satoshi Kon is cool.
>>
>>68715044

I think Aronofsky finished The Wrestler and tought OH WAIT A SECOND I DIDN'T PUT ANY MINDFUCKERY IN IT I HAVE TO FIX IT

And then remade the fucking movie point by point but with a constipated looking girl instead of a fucked up wrestler, and with some faux-symbology here and there, and an ending that doesn't make quite a lot of sense.
>>
it's about becoming an adult and leaving the nest.
>>
>>68715044
she didn't really die. it was a metaphor for her period, brah.
>>
ITT: people who don't understand the language of cinema

>reeeee everything has to be interpreted literally

Anyways it's an average giallo rip off but with probably the only good performance from Portman since she was a little kid
>>
>>68715072
I guess you could also argue that there's a sexual awakening element as well, but it gets snuffed pretty quickly. I wanted to like this so much more than I did.
>>
the point of the movie was ripping off the superior film Perfect Blue
>>
>>68714952
just bee yourself
>>
>>68715644
I think it was good, it just was it's own thing. It was self contained, not really a watch it again movie.
>>
>>68714952
The Wrestler was like sacrificing your body for art and Black Swan was like the mind counterpart of art in a way.
>>
it was all a dream.
>>
It was about the metamorphose from a girl to a woman also white -> black swan.

It also lends ideas from Dostojewskis "The Idiot".
>>
she's crazy. Black Swan like the female version of Taxi Driver with regards to the insane main character
>>
>>68715479
I love how bleak the wrestler is. Its mindfuckery is trying to figure out why the movie feels so post apocalyptic despite it not being a genre film.
>>
>>68716394
I agree. It really lacked a good gang rape scene to tie it all together.
>>
File: perfect-blue.379.jpg (261 KB, 1200x1788) Image search: [Google]
perfect-blue.379.jpg
261 KB, 1200x1788
;)
>>
>>68720775
Sure, but Black Swan is better
>>
>>68721064
This
>>
>the black swan in the show kills herself
>she kills herself in real life
What's hard to understand?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.