[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rich, talented, good looking, succesful with women >depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: oslo_31_aout_photo_2.jpg (30 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
oslo_31_aout_photo_2.jpg
30 KB, 600x338
>rich, talented, good looking, succesful with women
>depressed

I'm tired of fuccbois making depression something hype.
>>
>>68713870
>recovering heroin addict
>>
>>68713870
>implying depression is just being sad
>>
File: depression_s1_mayo.jpg (36 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
depression_s1_mayo.jpg
36 KB, 493x335
>>68713870
Depression is objectively measurable

You can develop it from just about anything.
>>
>>68713870
>Hyping one of the most debilitating mental conditions
>>
File: evaxamaliadistress.jpg (32 KB, 912x496) Image search: [Google]
evaxamaliadistress.jpg
32 KB, 912x496
>heroin
>hype
Plus, that's one of the points, isn't it? He's given/earns so much in life, including that writing job, if he really wanted it. However, as he looks at it all, his friend's miserable marriage, boring bar hopping, etc., he realizes that he doesn't belong anymore, that the drug and its influences have taken a hold of his consciousness, and have fully broken him.

Also, has anyone seen Louder Than Bombs? I've been meaning to, just haven't gotten to a movie theater recently.
>>
But depression was not hyped in this movie. Who would want to be in Ander's place?
>>
>>68714703
>that the drug and its influences have taken a hold of his consciousness, and have fully broken him.
Nope. This is not a drug addiction movie. It's a depression movie. He was broken before he started taking drugs
>>
File: oslo.jpg (162 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
oslo.jpg
162 KB, 500x550
>hype
did you even watch it?
>>
>>68714789
Well, the heroin is the metaphor for depression, which I didn't make it clear enough in my post, now that I look at it again.
>>
>>68713870
>He doesn't know about Drieu La Rochelle
>He never "Le feu follet"

Fucking plebs.
>>
What would you suggest to Anders if you were his friend /tv/ ?
Do you think he was already a lost cause or could his soul be saved?
>>
>>68714931
He was never a lost cause because Anders isn't real at all. He's the archetype of the romantic depressed guy which doesn't exist outisde of novels and movies. It's petit bourgeois fakeness.
>>
>>68715017
Felt very real to me. His whole psyche may remind you of an archetype, but this type of character exists.
>>
depression is such a cop out illness
"oh man I'm so sad"
like... grow up
>>
Depression is a myth.

There is no such thing.

Humans are not meant to be happy most of the time. It would not work as a reward or incentive if our brains worked that way.

I was once stranded in the woods all alone for three months in the winter, in Canada. I had to do things to survive, like collect firewood and ice fish at night (sleep during the day, avoid frostbite).

I was very sad at first, and grew hopeless. I faced down death daily and struggled to survive.

Hopelessness gave way to determination. Practice gave way to progress. Soon, I had widened the margin between life and death from a fine line to an almost comfortable path. Necessity gave way to

By the time the snows stopped I didn't want to leave. I had conquered, overcame. Every day was a challenge.

People get "depression" because it's too easy for them to live day to day. They don't have to fight to survive. Rather than each day containing a true accomplishment, mixed with fear and joy, risk and reward, they face the doldrums of mediocrity. They are not forced to live an adventure, and society shields them from doing so every day.

People who are happy most of all the time are either good liars, or are easily satisfied by meaningless achievements. The reason that so many great creators and innovators are depressed is because they need greater achievement to feel accomplishment than normals do.

If you are depressed it is because you are an adventurer without an adventure.

In an adventure we are allowed to make mistakes and recover from them. We have no time to be a perfectionist, we must accept fate and work with what we've got. Improvise or die.

You are not depressed. You are merely too comfortable.
>>
>>68714917
The Flaming Toilet?
>>
>>68715705
Damn.......
>>
>>68715705
Gr8 b8 m8 but your argument is walking with a g8
>>
If being good looking were such the panacea to all your problems, you'd save up for plastic surgery.
>>
All you NEET faggots have depression easy because at the end of the day, you still get to hang on to the hope that when you get the things you think you want, you'll finally be happy.

I have to live with knowing that's not true.
>>
>>68715705
>Depression is a myth.

Your given 2 Cents has really been wasted here. If every theory was to explain a fact, everyone who had a theory to explain the anything would be right regardless of being a contradicting theory.

Theories are theories, facts are facts. Rational thinking or otherwise, scientific or otherwise you are being ignorant of the entire issue being debated here and ignoring `the theory of the chemical imbalance itself` – No hypothesis but, theory!. – which has absolutely no fact attached – synthetic disruption yes! (it can cause anything from hypomania to psychosis) that is the problem

There is no such thing as a natural chemical imbalance causing a diseased mind into depression, anxiety etc – these are emotions not diseases

Please in all your wisdom explain in full exactly how these drugs work as you seem to think the opposing factors are laymen understanding – we are all ears.
>>
>>68715852
>neets think they'll get what they want

No, that's for working class people.

Neets already have what they want.
>>
File: 1458140815932.jpg (491 KB, 2758x1822) Image search: [Google]
1458140815932.jpg
491 KB, 2758x1822
>being 30+ with no job, no own apartment, no nothing
my worst fear
>>
>>68715912
GTFO Tom Cruise
>>
>>68715912

I severely doubt he meant that literally, but because you were quick to assume he was another 14 year old telling people with real problems that they're crybabies, you missed the rest of his post.
>>
File: 1321441994289.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1321441994289.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
That job interview scene made me feel.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.