[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That scene where they're promised treats if they raze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16
File: army-dog.jpg (33 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
army-dog.jpg
33 KB, 612x792
>That scene where they're promised treats if they raze a village to the ground
>they all do it without a second thought
>they knew there were probably no VC in the area
>that little girl who watcged her mother get raped and shot in the head, only to be raped and thrown under a pile of her dead family members
>that scene where Mark Wahlberg pours gasoline over the same pile of corpses and lights it on fire
>those fucking screams

Jesus Christ!
Surely they didn't actually kill her in real life... right?
>>
>nobody else has seen this traumatizing anti-war film
>>
R-Rated kino.
>>
>>68714082
>>68713381
You idiots, clearly this is the most pro-war film there is. Examining the psyche and politics behind the Vietnam era and the justification for our involvement.

>that seen where Conners buddy finds a small doggytoy on the ground
>it's a booby trap and it blows his head clean off
>Conners was justified in pulling out the fingernails of that gook son of a bitch to get intel
>proceeds to find and kill every chinaman in their dirty little fox hole as vengence
>>
>that scene where the tanks chase after every villager in the town and slowly overrun them
>all of this while the narrator of the movie screams racist slurs towards east asians
I don't know how they thought this would make us root for them.
>>
>>68713381
>that climatic battle where Patches holds them off, dying in the pawcess

gripping
>>
>Rex never made it home to see his littler of pups

fucking zipperheads
>>
File: umm_uhhhh_aaaahhh.gif (2 MB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
umm_uhhhh_aaaahhh.gif
2 MB, 300x228
>Montage of street shop owners boiling and skinning stray dogs alive
>it ain't me, it ain't me
>>
>>68714246
Maybe they thought the feelimgs of anger would resonate with us after seeing the savage nature of those vietnam fucking shits, like when they blew Private Buddy's face clean off. He was only a pup damn it!
>>
What Army Dog does in the sequel to cats is the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed
>>
Pure war-kino, right here.

How this extremely problematic film got green-lit in these enlightened days is beyond me. If this were the early 2000s, it might be a different story. But this is just on another level
>>
How good is the directors commentary though?
>>
>"Boy it sure is a dog eat dog world out there"
>"Hahahaha you said it bud-"
>soldier's head is blown apart by a sniper round mid sentence, spewing blood and brain matter all over Army Dog and also the audience in select 3D viewings
Was this fucking necessary? I brought my five year old nephew to see this shit for fuck's sake
>>
>>68714707
It's essentially a long and intricate speech on how every single one of those vietname fucking shits deserved to bebe burned alive.

It's actually crazy that this was allowed.
>>
>that scene where Connor returns home on leave and goes to visit the widow of his dead friend.

That was harrowing stuff. I thought it was a bit unnecessary how he described 'slitting that gook's throat' to get revenge in very vivid detail.
>>
>>68714800
I don't know why they even let Connor join in.

He was great at capturing his character in the movie, but you can tell a lot of the message of the film went over his head. He just barks to try and keep up with the director
>>
>>68714851
his buddy slept tight
>>
>>68714800
>>68715165

Why the fuck did they let the dog give commentary for thirty minutes?
>>
>>68713381
>the flash back pvt. connors father getting murdered in the gang initiation was a bit much.

i caught the parallel between the way he died and what connor did to that girl in nam but still
>>
I don't cry a lot at films but that scene when he is a civilian dog and David Schwimmer calls him a good boy and asks him "Where's your bone?" because he wants to play fetch with Army Dog... That 1000 yard stare army dog gives as he recalls finding the mass grave of charred skeletons in Bosnia.
>>
>>68715675
Bosnia? Are you talking about the sequel?
>>
>>68715814
I think he's talking about the prequel set in nazi germany, where Buddy's greatgreatgreatgrandfather befriends a jew. I know that he was a grandpa because the dog actor was wearing those old looking glasses. I do dislike their extremely explicit and ultrarealist portrayal of the Romanian pogroms.
>>
>>68715814

You clearly haven't see the three hour extended cut which further explores Army Dog's military career in the years after Nam.

>that scene where AD watches his buddy get dragged through Mogadishu by the skinnies still resonates with me.
>>
>>68713381
That final scene when the dog calls in the air strike on his own position as a decoy to allow the Pashtun rescued tea boy/interpreter to escape the Taliban.

Fucking haunting.
>>
>>68713381
Mark Wahlberg would never hesitate to burn those corpses
>>
>>68715944
Ah, I haven't seen it. Is there a YIFY yet?
>>
>>68713381
Im making screencaps of these posts and going to post them to reddit for shameless upvotes
>>
>>68716008
I really would like for you to not do that. I enjoy the threads discussing this film.
>>
>>68716008
im from reddit and im writing every post in this thread so i can post it on reddit
>>
>>68714229
It's a shame for you to put that effort into that post and not receive a reply. Here's a pity reply, bro.
>>
FUCK KILL
>>
File: Army Dog.jpg (1 MB, 1778x1000) Image search: [Google]
Army Dog.jpg
1 MB, 1778x1000
One of my favorite films of all time.
I didn't add any brutal screenshots because this is a christian imageboard.
>>
>>68714229
I wouldn't really call that "pro-war", I just think it goes to show that we all become animals in a combat zone.
>>
I appreciated the 5 minute unbroken shot showing Army Dog's CO dying in agony after the IED went off
>>
>>68713381
>not realizing this is pure antihuman propaganda

I mean, the only humans are either hippies, gooks and coronel Matthews who turns to be a russian spy and gets his fingers bitten off. COME ON
>>
hey army dog, how was nam

ruff
>>
Was everyone in the movie except Mark Whalberg, Casper Van Dien, and Casper Van Dien's wife's daughter really animals or was it a metaphor?
>>
nice meme
>>
>>68713381
>Be gunned down near Saigon
>Near entire platoon get's slaughtered by gooks from tunnels
>Johnny is bleeding out from losing legs
>"Connor get's help we need support, we cant hold on for much longer"
>"Woof woof"
>"Connor pay attention, we need to get out of here ASAP"
>he starts chasing his tail
What did he mean by that?
>>
>>68720027
good post
>>
>>68720074
PTSD changes people, ever see the pic of the soldier with shellshock with the giant grin on his face? Your brain doesn't know what to do in those situations
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 925x727) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 925x727
>>68720245
This is what I'm talking about
>>
>>68720302
Just happy to be alive, while unable to process what hes witnessed
>>
>>68715386
I don't think that was Connors father. That was his wife's son.
>>
>>68720302
That's fucking haunting. He's been broken.
>>
>>68713381
The weird thing is the movie actually looks pretty dark... Also has almost zero to do with army.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=obuTdzsDa6M
>>
>>68721367

someone wrote this

because it really happened to them, all of it
>>
>>68721367
Jesus.
>>
File: flat,220x200,075,t.u1.jpg (12 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
flat,220x200,075,t.u1.jpg
12 KB, 220x200
>that scene where Seagal makes a cameo for the torture scene
>that scene when he snatches the guys birthday
>>
>>68723609
That was the shitty direct to dvd sequel
>>
>>68721367
What the fuck
>>
>>68721367
Is that fucking WoW's login screen music near the end? Holy fucking kek.
>>
File: feelseh.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
feelseh.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>watching a canine war film
>"who let the dogs out" starts playing
>>
>>68713381
I watched this stupid movie last night and none of the shit you retards talk about happened. Its a little kid family fun move. This meme isn't funny.
>>
If you look closely you can see he's wearing dogtags

The poetry is unreal
>>
>>68719346
How about the screenshot with armydog biting someone in the neck?
>>
File: 1397613409418.jpg (105 KB, 1451x1076) Image search: [Google]
1397613409418.jpg
105 KB, 1451x1076
>>68719467
Haha
>>
>>68726410
found the pleb
>>
>Army dog getting flashbacks while trying to fuck his bitch
>keeps going limp because of the memories
>crying because of the frustration
>bitch turns around to ask what's wrong
>that sudden fucking punch
>then another
>and another
>storms out and masturbates alone

This movie had me go full anti-war hippie for like a month
>>
Why was he barking and jerking in his sleep? I didn't get that part.
>>
>>68727054

And then when he bashed his kid around when he dropped a plate... this films really didn't hold back
>>
>>68713381
Have you guys seen Army Dog Redux? I'm happy they cut Plantation scene, it didn't fit tonally at all
>>
>>68727118
Read the books, they fill in a lot of background story
>>
>>68714082
>watching dogsploitation movies

There isn't a single good movie where a dog is the main character.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 634x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 634x545
>They say I'm all bark and no bite. Shit, I might as well be a tree. But they don't know what I did back in that jungle. They don't know what it's like to see your best friend explode next to you on hill 347. And to think I did it all for a scooby snack... heh. Kind of funny in a fucked up way.

>I still see them when I sleep at night. The fucking tunnel cats moving around under you, just waiting for you and your platoon to be vulnerable. I miss torching those Siamese bastards; miss hearing their loud meows as the flame envelops their tunnel. They deserved it for what they did to Spot. And it's not like what you see in hollywood, in those movies like Cats vs Dogs. No, that's G rated compared to what I've seen. But where was I? The year was 1968...
>>
>>68726146
kek
>>
File: 1458938994104.jpg (9 KB, 140x182) Image search: [Google]
1458938994104.jpg
9 KB, 140x182
>when Sgt. Kibbles 'n' Bits starts crying and whining with his entrails tangled around his legs
>connor lifts the M-16 to end his friends misery
>that tail wag

This shit was too deep sempais
>>
File: kung fur.webm (460 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
kung fur.webm
460 KB, 320x320
>>68721367
>My mind is numb from years of deployment. A single year seems to last seven. They say the world is full of beautiful colors. It all looks black and white to me. A question swirls around my brain - somebody stateside asked me, years ago. "Who's a good boy?" I've learned that there are none. We don't all go to heaven.
>>
>>68713381
FUCK YOU!!
It took me a long time to finally find this movie, and i watched the whole thing. there is literally none of that in it. There isn't even violence in the movie. Fuck you and your stupid memes
>>
>>68729575
jezus christ, you /newfag/ or what?
1. The poster looks nothing like a serious movie
2. 80% of everything on 4chan is pure bait/troll threads

Lurk more laddy
>>
>>68729435
Holy fuck...
>>
>>68729435
Underrated post
>>
File: dam son.jpg (85 KB, 511x606) Image search: [Google]
dam son.jpg
85 KB, 511x606
>>68729435
>>
File: ruff news.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ruff news.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
>that entire ending

was Private Connor just following orders?

did he truly believed he was a good boy like his handler said?
>>
This is the worst /tv/ meme today.
>>
rated R for Ruff!
>>
>>68730904
Not a meme. Back to redddit.
>>
>>68727681
>tfw no one replies to your memepost
>>
>>68729435

Why did I read that in Ben Affleck's Batman voice?
>>
File: 1460680760260.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460680760260.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>68714459
>>
>>68713381
Grace is his daughter, right?
>>
>>68733652
wait what
>>
>>68730709
>did he truly believed he was a good boy like his handler said?
They slipped in some lighter colored eye contacts on the dog after the child rape scene showing that he threw that belief away once he came inside.
>>
>>68714744
>and also the audience in select 3D viewings
You got me good
>>
>that scene at the end of the movie where Conner returns to the village where they rsped those children and pisses on the graves to mark his territory.

Holy shit. That has to be the most profound statement on war ever.
>>
>they're told to dig a hole to bury their bones, but they're actually digging their own graves
>>
>only human character gets kicked in the balls
>army dog covers eyes with his paws
I KNOW this had some deeper meaning, but I just can't figure it out
>>
>>68734399
Holy shit how did I miss that
>>
File: 1458101677734.jpg (75 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
1458101677734.jpg
75 KB, 440x660
>"they said only the dead seen the end of war. its true for pops"
>>
>Connors returns back to the states
>his master is pretending like nothing has happened to his family
>they all go on a hike
>there's a reported wolf in the area
>he may or may not exist
>the owner instinctively goes for his gun when he hears any noise
>that scene where he guns down his own daughter by accident
>tfw there was no wolf it was just a metaphor for fear of death

Absolute kinography
>>
>That moment where they rip off the PoW legs and throw them for him to fetch
It's just dark satire, right?
Don't tell me they do this is real life
>>
>>68735245
Vietnam was a fucking abyss man, shit happened
>>
File: tears.jpg (19 KB, 650x269) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
19 KB, 650x269
>that sequence where john flanigan gets shot in the spine and paralyzed from the waist down and connor tries to call in an artillery strike and medevac but the radio operator is too doped up and nodding out to respond properly
>base dog barking frantically and hopelessly in the background

>connor fucking carries him back to camp but he dies literally 20 seconds before the doctors get out there

>base dogs suicide in the third act

i dont know how one person can handle losing so much in so many cruel and sickening/twisted ways and find the will to keep going. he truly is an animal.
>>
Great movie, but I didn't like the second act where it turned into a horror more with the agent orange effects
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.