[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate this movie? It's not any different from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: new-greenlantern.jpg (239 KB, 1014x1500) Image search: [Google]
new-greenlantern.jpg
239 KB, 1014x1500
Why do you hate this movie? It's not any different from other capeshits.
>>
>It's not any different from other capeshits.

That's exactly the point.
>>
>>68712863
felt like a marvel film
>>
>>68712863

Most comic book movies don't have their entire 2nd acts taken up by a subplot entirely divorced from everything else going on.

The Pater Sarsgaard remake of The Fly that was just randomly inserted into random sections of this movie was just a baffling choice.
>>
>>68712863
It's not bad but it's not great, either.

People didn't like the special effects and how everything was CGI. Thing is, the special effects in the movie are accurate to the source material and reflect that he's making everything out of green light with his ring. For example, people complain that the gun in this scene didn't look "realistic," but it looks like it's supposed to given it is made of green light.
>>
>>68712863

I know you're trying to make some sweeping dismissal of all superhero movies, but all you're actually doing is bragging about a lack of discernment. Objectively speaking, the movie is a poor representation of the character. Instead of an interesting movie featuring fascinating alien cultures and planets, most of the film takes place on earth.
>>
File: 3772854-sinestro+gun.png (739 KB, 599x557) Image search: [Google]
3772854-sinestro+gun.png
739 KB, 599x557
>>68712977
And here's a gun (a hand gun, but same principle) from the comics.

The only area where they should have toned back the CGI is the costume, which should have just been a real suit (like it appears in the comic). People complain about "practical effects" but honestly, they forget how lousy practical effects can look (even in the original Star Wars trilogy, Yoda looks like a fucking puppet if you cast aside all nostalgia -- it's a real shit effect).
>>
File: kyle-rayner-07.png (561 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
kyle-rayner-07.png
561 KB, 500x494
>>68712977
People don't complain about the gun in that scene, they complain about his expressionless face and the way the his arms robotically sway with the recoil of the gun is a completely unrealistic way. And no, that doesn't look like the source material.

<---- THIS resembles light. The CGI in the movie looked more like an alien's green bioluminescent carapace or something.
>>
File: 1426078147717.gif (3 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1426078147717.gif
3 MB, 500x209
>>68713093

>People complain about "practical effects" but honestly, they forget how lousy practical effects can look (even in the original Star Wars trilogy, Yoda looks like a fucking puppet if you cast aside all nostalgia -- it's a real shit effect).

Stop.
>>
File: tumblr_n8f2wvwFZ41s6w6foo1_500.gif (972 KB, 467x253) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8f2wvwFZ41s6w6foo1_500.gif
972 KB, 467x253
>>68713127
That scene, from his movement to his expression, is straight out of Commando. Is Commando now a shitty movie? Does it have shitty action, too?

>>68713158
>Stop.
No. Yoda looks like fucking shit. Take your nostalgia glasses off. Moment he comes on screen, Star Wars becomes the fucking Muppet show.

And he's not even the only bad creature effect. Pretty much every alien has a static expression because they're all wearing dull, lifeless masks. The Cantina scene is the worst. Everyone there has no expression (except maybe Satan, but only because that was a makeup effect and not a mask).
>>
File: 133231708325.gif (4 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
133231708325.gif
4 KB, 344x326
>>68713550
please tell me you're trolling
>>
>>68712863
It made the same mistake Batman versus Superman did.

It rushed a big villain too early, too soon. They alreayd ahd a perfect villain: Hector Hammond. They could have hinted at Parallalx, but focused on the fight between Green Lantern and Hammond. Instead, they killed off Parallax, the manifestation of Fear, too early, making the creation of Sinestro meaningless (the Sinestro Corp take their power from Parallax)

Adding to all that: Oa was not trippy/grand enough. To compare: Thor's Asgard felt really alive, and how Kirby would've imagined it. Its why Thor had the advantage on that movie.

>>68712927
It wasn't Marvel enough
>>
File: screenshot20110903at165.png (1 MB, 800x343) Image search: [Google]
screenshot20110903at165.png
1 MB, 800x343
>>68713601
Nope.

Every spaceship battle looks like shitty toys on strings. Backgrounds look like shitty paintings. Oh, wait, that's because they are shitty toys and shitty paintings.
>>
I liked it.
like other anon said, needed a better villain and costume.
costume should've been real. and villain shouldn't have been that OP.
>>
>>68712927
Worst, it was DC's attempt at being Marvel.
They even went with the less-known-superhero like Marvel did with Iron Man to start their cinematic universe.
Of course it flopped and they had come with Superman.
>>
>>68713759
MANCHILDREN BTFO
>>
I liked it too. The only thing that I would complain about it's his facial expressions over things.
>>
File: 1461477572544.jpg (43 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
1461477572544.jpg
43 KB, 600x606
>>68712863
>green pussy hair
>>
All superhero movies suck major balls except burton's batman.

Now why would anyone go watch such a bland and uninteresting character like green lamper? even daredevil is more interesting but I gotta say I don't understand why yanks always wank over these shitty childish turds. Superhero comics AND films both suck and are boring as hell.
>>
>>68712977
In this instance, it must have been that Green Lantern was too niche for the mainstream audiences, or the movie didn't explain the concept of hard light constructs in terms simple enough for them to grasp.
>>
It had probably the worst end fight I have ever seen.
>>
>>68717714
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGCIhU_oC5w

Just look at it
>>
>>68717806
what
>>
The pacing and editing are fucked to all hell.

Ryan Reynolds wasn't very good in it. Blake Lively literally gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen on film.

It doesn't spend nearly enough time in space dealing with aliens and shit considering that the entire movie is about a space cop who has the power to fly through space.

The dialogue is terrible and cluttered with cringe-worthy jokes.(Don't they always get the girl?)

It's definitely on the lower end of capeshit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.