[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you like this flick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: Apocalypto-732074347-large.jpg (51 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypto-732074347-large.jpg
51 KB, 509x755
How did you like this flick?
>>
My only wish is for Mel to make more like it.
>>
>>68711743
I liked Braveheart better, but it was one of the first Blu Ray hits.... kinda landmark... meh.
>>
I thought it was cool. When dealing with old, foreign stuff many directors would try too hard to make things seem exotic or idealized but Mel Gibson went all harsh, grounded and gritty with it. It was cool.

No masterpiece but a very cool movie. What I think is particularly interesting is watching the movie without subtitles like Gibson originally intended. You can still follow the movie perfectly fine, and it actually gives it back some of that exotic element. Everything feels really fucking foreign when they're all speaking whatever the hell language they have, but it's such a simple and universal story that you can still follow the whole thing.

I look forward to future Mel Gibson joints. Here's hoping that his war movie turns out well.
>>
Is this a copy of 10'000 BC or is 10'000 BC a copy of this?
>>
eh it was okay
desu the violence, which can at times be appropriate in a film, was too much in this one imo
like Mel was doing it just for the titillation

that asspull ending where the protagonist gets saved from the chase at the literal last second thanks to the fucking Spanish colonialists, that honestly had me in stitches I couldn't stop lauhging
>>
>>68712076
This tries to be historically accurate, 10000BC was completely fictional and garbage at that.
>>
I like the production design and the acting but I think the script and general plot are pretty shit and rely far too much on coincidence. They make the prophecy real, which I think is dumb and I just cannot get behind at all. I like the general themes and the main idea, I just wish it had been more focused.

It was a 5/10 for me, but I think that's being generous and it gets an extra point for some of the well done violence
>>
I liked it a lot the first time I saw it, it doesn't work well on rewatches though.
>>
>>68711743
I really enjoyed the effort in historical accuracy and atmosphere building.

Call Mel crazy if you want, but the guy can produce quality movies.
>>
I really really liked it and use the "No. I saw a hole in the Man, deep like a hunger he will never fill. It is what makes him sad and what makes him want. He will go on taking and taking, until one day the World will say, 'I am no more and I have nothing left to give.'" metaphor quite often.
>>
>>68711743
>let's make a movie to make Aztecs look bad so we don't have to feel bad for killing them
Who made this? Oh yeah, a known racist.
>>
>>68712511
What powerful lobby would financiate an anti aztec film?
Those guys got killed like 400 years ago, nobody gives a shit about them.
>>
>>68711743
was hyped as fuck. saw this in theaters.
>>
Watching it now for the first time. Shit better be good and violent.
>>
File: 1452715282522.png (91 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1452715282522.png
91 KB, 500x422
>>68711743
YOU SHOULD JUST FUCKING SMILE AND BLOW ME, COS I DESERVE IT
What did mel mean by this?
>>
What did everyone think of the ending? Ominous or not? #WhiteMenCameAcrossTheSea
>>
>>68713166
Exactly what he said. Stupid bitch needed instruction. Good women aren't born, they're made.
>>
>>68712511
Mayan
>>
>>68713166
Since I financed your shitty music career the least you could do is give me some sexual favours and be happy about the cheap offer
>>
It was decent, but I would have liked more about Aztec civilisation than 'They rolled heads down staircases.'
>>
>>68713499
I think very ominous. Their society had long been in decline, despite at one point being very good and prosperous. If anything, it's basically a dsytopian movie equivalent to like cyberpunk. They're on their last legs. The elite control and manipulate through violence. Only the ones still living in nature know any true happiness, but soon the city's army comes for them too.

The hero fights through it all to return to nature, only to have the apocalypse waiting on the fucking beach for him. And he knows it.

I don't like the movie that much, but its themes are very good and it is the least racist movie Mel ever directed probably
>>
>>68712511
>missing the point
>like he always does, apparently
>>
>>68713499
Pretty shit, deus ex machina as fuck
>b-but it signifies XYZ
it's still a deus ex machina solution to the actual plot onscreen
>>
>>68712192
Apocalypto is apparently quite inaccurate.
>>
>>68712076
Neither considering this takes place around 1600 AD
>>
My liberal gf literally got in a mini fight with me over this and still is giving me a cold shoulder.
We watched it last weekend and I warned her that it was a bit int3nse but she had to watch it for some grad school class or something.

After the movie she went on and on about how "of course a racist like Mel Gibson" would portray the Aztecs (yes she said aztecs) in a negative light, like they were the ones who were evil when the whites wiped them out".

When I tried to explain that Latin empir3s were actually quite savage, she flipped out on me.l and told me to vote for Trump so I could see themovie all kicked out of the country.

Thinking of dumping her, but I'm 25. It's not like I can just go pick up a 20-year old gf anymore even though I'm in good shape. And any girl my age that's single is single for a reason. I think I may have to stick it out.
>>
>>68713793
But they did
>>
>>68715245
you can't have it all anon
if you don't have a better reason to dump her than Mel Gibson, don't
>>
>>68715245

>25 year old men don't date 20 year old women

This is literally one of the dumbest things I've ever seen said on the internet. You'd have to be well into your 30s for anyone to even think it was strange to be dating a 20 year old. How can a person be this ignorant of ubiquitous social norms?

>any girl my age that's single is single for a reason

Like that they haven't found the right person yet? Are focusing on their career or traveling? Jesus man, you deserve to die. Clearly your girlfriend is in the right. Go drown in hamburgers you fat piece of trash.
>>
It ends when the best is about to start.
>>
>>68715409
Nice projecting

College girls generally don't want to date a mid 20s guy.

Sure I could lie about my age. Shaved I still look 20 muself. But once they find out, it's all nope.
>>
>>68715383
Idk Mel's a pretty good reason

If I were >>68715245 I would see if she hates Mad Max 1 and 2 OR alternatively if she praises Fury Road. If yes to either then that bitch is gone
>>
>>68715514
>College girls generally don't want to date a mid 20s guy.

Well that's just hilariously wrong. You'll find that no one wants to date you at all and it has nothing to do with age.
>>
>>68715549
she really liked fury road. She said it was tied with room for her favorite movie of the year. She had mixed feelings on THE Force Awakens but mostly because she's sad they killed Han. We actually don't get political too often but the night after Bernie got crushed in one of the state's she lives in she got mad that I didn't vote for him (I'm a registered independent and can't vote in my state's primary even though I've told her I'll vote for Bernie over probably anyone in the general election simply because I want him to try to destroy the corrupt election system) and got a bit political and it came to abortion and she basically told me if she got pregnant she would have the fetus aborted and there's nothing I could so about it.
>>
>>68711863

Underrated post
>>
>>68715686
Go ahead anon.
Try it.
Go down to a college bar and hit on a group of girls.
See what happens
>>
>>68715854
Normal, healthy people look exactly the same at 20 as at 25, so picking up girls at a bar wouldn't be affected in the least. One doesn't need to try that to know how wrong you are because what you're saying doesn't make even a shred of sense. Women simply do not reject men for being older than they are unless the age difference is becoming ridiculous. Their minds don't work that way.
>>
>>68715747
I mean I'm inclined to think you got lucky with a girl who aborts no questions asked, but that's just me. Show her Mad Max 1 or 2 and see what she thinks.

I mean I'm mostly kidding, keep your gf if you love her. But if you really think these things are big deals end it senpai. Dunno what to tell you, I never had a gf
>>
>>68715549

Fury Road is the only good Mad Max movie.

>demonizing someone for having a 3 digit IQ and eyes
>>
>>68715937
>Normal, healthy people look exactly the same at 20 as at 25.

Holy fucking shit this old fag delusion.
Hows the back pains pa?

Men peak physically at 18 years old. After that it's all down hill.
>>
>>68716069
Fuck you king pleb
>>
>>68715937
this.
Even if your age does show and you're 29, it's not a dealbreaker.

you do NOT look the same at 20 than at 25 tho.

I know because im 26 and i feel old as fuck, and i just started getting "old". Not balding helps not looking older tho.
>>
>>68716215
>you do NOT look the same at 20 than at 25 tho.
When I'm shaved I look exactly the fucking same and I'm 25. And I feel just as energetic too. Erections still just as explosive and common. Maybe it's because I take care of myself? It's not a big deal.
>>
>>68716151
>Men peak physically at 18 years old
That's complete bullshit. Name one sport where the best athletes are 18, or even 21-year-olds. I won't hold my breath.
>>
File: 1454901212779.png (508 KB, 691x801) Image search: [Google]
1454901212779.png
508 KB, 691x801
>>68715846
Thanks anon, makes it all worth while. I was thinking of ditching /tv/ for a while but now I'll stay and continue to put thought into making sincere posts. I'll stay for you.
>>
>>68711743
Same thread every day.
You are actually less human and less sane than Mel 'pack of niggers' Gibson.
What is funny about making this thread over and over, Mongo?
>>
>>68717222
I saw a bunch of women that were hot in their teen years, but they don't look hot in their late 20s.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.