[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where wer you, when a new genre was born?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Where wer you, when a new genre was born?
>>
File: FPS-Attempt-e1353962094231.jpg (58 KB, 550x417) Image search: [Google]
FPS-Attempt-e1353962094231.jpg
58 KB, 550x417
I was sitting in a theater about 11 years ago, watching the FPS scene from Doom.
>>
>>68710904
>implying the CGI doom scene wasn't shit
>>
>>68710813
>OMG MOVIES IN FIRST PERSON GUYZ TOTALLY NEW!
>Maniac did it in 2012
>Other movies did it before that
>>
>>68711025
Found footage is also FPS, but is a different genre.
This is about FPS action movies.
>>
>>68711064
I wasn't counting found footage since it's meant to be someone filming through a camera rather than you seeing through that person's eyes (if that makes sense).
>>
>>68710813
I didn't exist yet
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzdl-js_mQ4
>>
>>68710942
I didn't imply anything about its quality. But it did happen over a decade before THIS piece of shit.
>>
>>68710813
It's cool Bad Motherfuker or whatever the company is that made a little youtube video got the money and funding for a theatrical movie, and even got Sharlto Copley in it. I will give it props for that
>>
>>68710813
>Was afternoon
>standing in the counch
>friend hits door
>"new genre is born"
>"no"
>>
But in all seriousness, they hit the sweet spot in FPS genre. It might be better with 60FPS + 4K source video with cropping to smooth out the motion in the running scenes, but overall great experience.
>>
The same place I was when it died.
>>
>>68711422
Bad Motherfucker is the name of the song the music video was made for you fucking pleb
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.