[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else kinda want to kill someone after watching this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: 220px-Americanpsychoposter.jpg (16 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
220px-Americanpsychoposter.jpg
16 KB, 220x326
Did anyone else kinda want to kill someone after watching this movie?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLbDzkIy3A
>>
I just wanted to murder some singles.
>>
>>68708680
Anyone else read the book? It is the best comedy I've ever read. Very fun and dark and the child killing chapter was amazing for literature. And the panic attack chapter was amazing.

If you're reading this for pure shitposting, please, give the book a chance.
>>
>>68708680
I did.
>>
>>68708680
I wanted to be rich first... obvs. and fuck hookers.

And own a motel as batman with rats.
>>
>>68708773
Is it true he puts a rat in one of the victims vag?
>>
File: 1418927774885.jpg (26 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1418927774885.jpg
26 KB, 300x245
no dubs in this thread yet?
>>
File: Have you seen these digits.png (1 MB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Have you seen these digits.png
1 MB, 720x544
>>68708829
>>
>>68708825
Yes.

The rat climbs up his toilet, he jams it in a pussy, and I believe (though it's been sometime) he lets the rat eat its way out mostly.

Read the book. It's amazing.
>>
>>68708829
here's a trip for your time
>>
yeah, i go a mini killing spree every time i watch this flick

usually gets boring after a day or two
>>
>>68708884
>Not even knowing how to roll for quads
baka
>>
>>68708680
yeah, mainly because it was so over rated.
>>
Things they couldn't put in the movie:

1: Rat in the pussy
2: Killing the homosexual and his chihuaha

What else was there?
>>
>>68708909
you want quads? here.
>>
>>68708829
check these dubs
>>
>>68708963

When he's mutilating and fucking a head.
>>
quints
>>
>>68708773

I read the book. Amazing stuff.
>>
>>68708692
dang now this video makes me not want to kill someone because I'd probably get caught right away.
>>
>>68708866
>double dubs
Nice.
>>
>>68708680
>>68708786

Hell yea, in the 80s when I was a child, looked up to those yuppie types in Manhattan, wanted to be just like them when I grew up.

>>68708773
Read the book on a solo commando European summer vacation mostly at the beach and when sipping coffee at cafes, would crack up like a maniac every few paragraphs, lose my shit laughing banging on the table or sitting in a beach chair looking Chinese laughing. Europoors would peer over once in a while and wonder wtf I was reading.

>>68708963
>>68709102
BOOSTER. CABLES.
>>
>>68710153
Thanks, I thought they might go uncheck'd

More proof /tv/ is dead.
>>
>>68708963
I was disappointed that they didn't include the scene where he drops money in a college girl's coffee thinking she's homeless and the scenes with his mom and brother, I felt like they really added a lot to his character.
>>
Bumping because I want you nerds to read the book.
>>
>>68708963
Replying to myself here, but I've often thought about if they had actually portrayed that gay guy and his dog getting murdered. People would have flipped shit.
>>
>>68708963
Not enjoying murdering a child, because as Bateman put it, he wasn't destroying enough. This of course being after faking being a doctor to save the boy's life and slapping the mother across the face.

Seriously my favorite chapter I've ever read. Every one is its own short story.

>that fucking diner and chewing crack with black guys
>>
>>68710875
They just replaced him with a homeless guy right?
>>
>>68711027
Did they? I can't remember if he killed a homeless guy under those circumstances or not.

I did like Christian Bale's cold and hostile interrogation of him though. That was great.
>>
>>68710517
That first one could've easily, even subtly, done. He just casually drops a dollar in her cup, and then you see her in the background pulling it out of her coffee as he goes on with the scene.
>>
I know /tv/ loves to have its "Movies women will never understand" threads, and that the female-directed movie kinda destroys this, but can we all agree women will never understand the books and its implication of media-forced brand appreciation and unprovoked need for violence?
>>
>>68708680

Why is American Psycho occasionally categorized as horror? People do that shit with The Crow, too and I don't understand why.
>>
>>68711141
>I don't understand

Come on, you can at least infer why somebody would at least think it.
>>
>>68711173

No I can't. A killer is inherently scary, but nowhere in AP is Patrick (or anyone/anything) scary.
>>
>>68711228
Are you incapable of imagining that someone else may find Patrick scary?
>>
>>68711139
I'm a chick and I loved the book. Eh. Pretty much my life sans fucking actual decapitated heads. And video tapes, no one fucking uses those anymore obviously.
>>
>>68708680
this is why they should ban violent videogames and films
>>
The fact rich people dont go around killing homeless people upsets me.
>>
>>68711228
Patrick isn't scary. It's the utter pointlessness and nihilism of consumer culture that's scary in an existentialist way. PB probably didn't actually kill anyone, but who gives a shit? He would in a heartbeat, his life and every other human being's life is empty, joyless, and meaningless. Humans just prey upon and heartlessly buy and sell and screw over each other for a undiscernable millisecond, then quickly cease to exist. And nothing you or anyone else in the Universe can say, do, think, or feel will ever matter or mean anything in the slightest. Ever.
>>
>>68711375
The fact that humans haven't just nuked the entire planet and killed everything yet upsets me. Soon, though.
>>
>>68711456
>his life and every other human being's life is empty, joyless, and meaningless.

Every rich human being, you mean. He didn't consider the proletariat human.
>>
>>68708866
nice
>>
>>68711499
True. But he kills or fucks over rich people too, because who gives a shit? Human or inhuman everyone is worthless bullshit. Patrick himself is as he says just an empty rotting shell like everything else.
>>
>>68711375
Like the anti-Batman?
>>
>>68711265

A little bit. The idea of him is, but not the portrayal. He's pretty comedic. I'd consider Predator horror before American Psycho.
>>
File: American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg (216 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg
216 KB, 590x322
>>
>>68711589
Maybe you're just seeing yourself and projecting that image to others.
Maybe you're the only one who's worthless bullshit.
>>
I liked the bit in the book where one of the guys is told he should give his tie to a homeless man. Everyone is thrilled when he seems hurt about it and asks what's wrong with his tie.
>>
>>68711605
I agree that he's not scary, but it's easy to see why people would consider the title horror. Same with The Crow, despite it being as much a horror movie as High Plains Drifter.
>>
>>68711648
I admit I identify with the book because being born wealthy has made me a cynical fuck. Perhaps you're right.
>>
Should i order the book /tv/?
>>
>>68711690

Despite Eric Draven scaring the shit out of me as a kid (I only saw the VHS cover) The Crow isn't horror at all. Promotional images try to make it look like Eric is a killer and that it's a slasher, but it isn't. That is the one genre mis-categorization I don't get at all.

It is about a man coming back to life to kill the people that murdered him. The premise sounds somewhat scary but when you see it in action, it's more like a superhero movie. I'm stunned someone could watch it and think it's horror.
>>
>>68711139
>its implication of media-forced brand appreciation
that actually sounds like something women would be able to appreciate more than men
>>
>>68711815
>>68711690
The Crow is literally capeshit
>>
>>68708963
His date with that girl who he spergs out in front of and who he gives a nonsensical poem about a nigger to
>>
>>68708963
Oh, and also the U2 concert where Bono turns into a demon
>>
>>68708963

They attempted to do the club scene in the beginning, but it fell flat based on the deleted scenes.
>>
reddit: the movie
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.