[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOAT Alfred?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 655x380
Jeremy Irons is an improvement Michael Caine's feeble Alfred. How does he stack up against other Alfreds in tv & film?
>>
File: s01e03_185.jpg (47 KB, 630x353) Image search: [Google]
s01e03_185.jpg
47 KB, 630x353
Oi, ya got an Alfred thread goin on here, do ya m8?
>>
Both were pretty good to be honest. Caine had more fatherly moments, whereas it felt like Irons was always snarky, I guess?

He was also reasonable that one time saying Supes was not their enemy, but that was it.
>>
The SOIZE of a TANGOURINE
>>
>>68704223
Jeremy's Alfred seems like the only one that looks like a war veteran
>>
>ya ahwnlee sappoza blow da bladdy dawwzs off
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>68704223
Not big on the fact that Irons looks so good for his age. Weird thing to complain about I know, but he looks like he could be playing Bruce's older brother.
>>
File: 1460932038857.jpg (31 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460932038857.jpg
31 KB, 640x640
>>68704223
Thought that was Robert Downey Jr the first time I saw the trailer.
>>
I don't know if animooted counts, but I think Ephraim Zimbalist really set the high bar for Alfred in Batman: TAS.

It was that dry, slightly snide delivery of so many lines that really sold it. He just always kept his composure and didn't take any shit from Bruce.
>>
File: Alfred.jpg (323 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Alfred.jpg
323 KB, 1440x1080
>Dats how id stahts... du feevuh... du rayge... powuhlessness... Dat tuhns good min... croo
>>
I really like the Mr. Fix-it feel of Jeremy's Alfred. Re-wiring gear,flying drones, fixing the batmobile, but still making dinner and shit. Felt like Alfred from the toons
>>
File: Alfred.jpg (13 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Alfred.jpg
13 KB, 320x240
We burned down the forest.
>>
Alec Guinness
Genuine class
>>
>>68704400
yeah he looks a bit too handsome and dashing to be playing a butler
>>
>>68704223
What if Lolita is part of the DCEU and Alfred is a murderer/pedo?
>>
>>68704223
He was alfred? Jesus i had no idea. Thought it was old green arrow or some shit.
>>
>>68704223
Oh quipfred hai
>>
>>68704308
I'd dare to say.... Quippy
>>
I love Jeremy Irons
>>
Hated the film but based Irons goes unsullied. Anytime he and Batfleck were chatting it had the promise of a great Batman film. Looking forward to Affleck course-correcting Snyders madness.
>>
>>68705112
What's your fave Irons films?

I'm a fan too but he's made some poor choices. He's having a dope year though. He's got High-Rise and Assassins Creed, making that franchise money. Dead Ringers has to be peak Irons yeah?
>>
>>68704223
i dont respect people who say this alfred is sassy and original. did none of you fags watch the batman cartoons? alfred was like the white Jeffrey from Fresh prince of bel air
>>
>>68706574
All the BvS Alfred did was bitch and moan the whole time
>>
>>68706813
he rewired a bathelmet too i think
>>
>>68704223
>GOAT Alfred?
Alfred from "The Batman" is goat Alfred. BvS Alfred wasn't bad, I liked him, but I think Mycocaine was better and he wasn't even the best.
>>
Irons Alfred was fantastic but I was unnerved by how young and spry he was considering the timeline. I'd buy him as Alfred for a younger Batman but knowing that Batfleck was in his early forties made it tough to swallow, especially since The Dark Knight Returns emphasized just how old and fragile Alfred was by that point. This Alfred had to have been pretty young when the Waynes died, absolutely no older than 30 and even that's pushing it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.