[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw i just realized i got a job interview tomorrow after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
>tfw i just realized i got a job interview tomorrow after being a neet for 3 years
>>
>>68700556
got a job interview tomorriw morning at McCucks and im scared shitless, should i be?
>>
>>68700696
lol no
>>
File: 1414637111937.png (43 KB, 298x341) Image search: [Google]
1414637111937.png
43 KB, 298x341
>>68700696
>4 years ago I was in my freshmen year of college
>go to an open interview at mcdees, decide to wear a button shirt to attempt some sort of casual professionalism
>everyone else is wearing shirts and jeans
>end of interview manager asks if i have any questions, i say no and she makes a face like i just said I like to jerk it to fat trannies
>buy some fries on my way out and hate myself the rest of the day
>>
You should get some sleep. Welcome to adulthood. Remember, strong eye contact, and handshakes. You want to work at Mc Donalds because of the career potential in becoming manager. You spent the last three years as a full time student studying to be a doctor but you ran out of money. GL m8
>>
>>68700556
youre gonna fuck it up
>>
>>68700556
Where at? I can't get an interview at all because I have no experience
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 638x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 638x356
>tfw trying to get an internship at a chicago radio station this summer
>tfw all I can find are unpaid internships for the position of handing out flyers and other shit
Why do boomers hate giving others real experience?
>>
>>68701151
probably because you wanna do dumb shit like work in radio
>>
File: 1461550564290.png (451 KB, 442x427) Image search: [Google]
1461550564290.png
451 KB, 442x427
>25
>worked on and off last 8 years
>haven't worked in 7 months
>had a few interviews that died on the vine
>folks are about ready to disown me
>too apathetic to give a shit about anything
>even suicide
>>
>WE /r9k/ NOW
>>
>>68701231
>not wanting to be a radio announcer
Fag
>>
>>68701235
noice sounds like me
>>
>>68700823
I hate that question, in asian culture, having questions means you weren't listening.
>>
I got a job last year around this time at a video store after a year of being a NEET.

It is actually pretty enjoyable, or it was until I developed a crush on my manager and she just started talking to some guy.

Man, I feel so dumb for caring so much about this seeing as I never so much as hung out with her alone after work.
>>
>>68701235
>tfw haven't had a job since Bush's last year
How do I explain this to them?
>>
>>68701290
>smoked way too much pot
>last 8 years is a void and you've done nothing of any worth
>crushing depression and shame

Am I getting warmer?
>>
>>68701405
Just bullshit (hopefully you're a good bullshitter) pretty much everyone does it. As long as you are convincing (buying your own shit) they won't know the difference. Fuck, these people want you to lie to them. I bullshitted my way into a job but then they sprung a surprise drug screen on me and that was that.
>>
>>68701370
>video store
>in 2015
>>
>>68701477
im not sure if it's real depression though. it feels horrible, but it's probably just shame
but on the plus side, anything you try, even if you fail, is better than where you are at now
>>
>have job at same place for 8 years, get up to a manger making 13 dollars a hour
>can't leave the place and find another job that pays as well
>move to atlanta with my gf
>work at a dog daycare picking up shit for 9 dollars an hour

its ok
>>
>>68701579
It's not a blockbuster. We sell music, videogames, movies and memorabilia.
>>
>>68701597
>move to atlanta with gf
Enjoy the basketball american community
>>
>>68701595
I'm pretty sure it's real depression. As long as I can remember since I was a little wee guy there has always been something dragging me down. A constant ominous looming black cloud following me around. The shame comes from feeling sorry for my parents for giving birth to some loser.

It's not that I'm afraid to try or do anything out of some fear of failure or rejection. It's complicated. I've gotten really good at hiding it and masking all that and actually function pretty well socially. But it's just always there, lurking.
>>
File: 000000.gif (458 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
000000.gif
458 KB, 500x375
>>68700556
Good luck Anon!
I got a job a month ago after seven years of unemployment(did a masters degree in the middle of it and a ton of volunteer work to fill the days).
Just relax, remember to talk yourself up as much as you can(experience, history, skills and knowledge of the area/field you'll be working in) and try not to lie/exaggerate about yourself too much.

Also, don't know who you're interviewing with, check out their website and get some basic knowledge on the company, focus on their mission statement and their corporate statement of goals(or whatever else they have) and try to keep them in mind when talking about shit.
Also re-read the job description and look for the key words they're after(like Customer Service or Technical Proficiency or Baneposting) and remember to talk up your experience/skills in those areas when they ask you about them.

I bombed an interview once because they wanted more information about my customer service experience but I focused more on my logistics management experience, like an idiot.
Also if you don't get the job phone them up afterwards and ask for feedback on where you went wrong, what you'd need to do/improve to get a similar level job in future and what caused them to select you for the interview process in your resume/CV so you can improve yourself for the next job interview.

Good luck anon! Go out there and be the Big Guy we all know you can be!
>>
>>68701002
This so fucking much
>>
>>68702658
Agreed.
>>
>>68700556

Don't do it. Gainful employment and self-reliance are a meme.
>>
>>68700556
Should be sleeping now man. Be focused and well rested, confident in what you answer with and dress right. I sound like some hokey marketer shit now but trust me, it works. If you have to bullshit out an answer it's okay, provided it's not too outlandish. Good luck anon.
>>
Just bullshit and be social. I literally just got by in school and make
More money than my classmates because I "put myself out there" more than they do. If someone's offer you a job, say yes and then learn it while your on the job. I can't tell you how much more I learned doing a job and asking the old guys for help than I ever did in school. Also, it doesn't hurt to be a little manipulative. I have a work friend who's very dumb in one sense but super smart in another. I'll zone out for a whole presentation, then chat it up with the bosses, and nod my head like I fully understood. Then, I'll go up to the dumb guy and be like "man, that presentation huh? Did you get any of that shit?!" he'll explain the whole thing to me in 5 minutes,and I end up doing what he should have done with his knowledge, because he's too pussy to deal with the bosses or a new situation . Sorry I'm tipsy and this is more corporate world advice, but I'm basically saying: DONT BE A PUSSY and you'll be fine
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.