[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At least Harry Potter had the fucking DIGNITY to creatively adapt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: images-9.jpg (6 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
6 KB, 310x163
At least Harry Potter had the fucking DIGNITY to creatively adapt their shit properly
>>
Tell that to Harry hugging Voldemort and flying through towers together.
>>
it did have better cinematography and art direction
>>
>>68695915
That was one of the best parts of that movie tho
>>
>>68695883
>properly
>hermione played by white actress

nope
>>
>>68696212
neck yourself
>>
>>68696212
top kek
>>
>>68695943
Everything after three was grimdark shit.
>>
>>68695883

HAHAHAHA no. Just stop. Everything after 5 was awful. And even then 5 had so many goddamn problems, I mean flying people, everyone can use nonverbal spells, Umbridge really carried the movie.

But using the 6th movie as your prime example? What a joke. They tried cramming the most information-dense book into a regular time slot and everything felt rushed beyond belief.

And let's not even talk about the fact that they barely even did any writing for the 6th movie, they just copy/pasted DIRECTLY from the book, forgetting apparently just how fucking awkward it sounds when selectively thrown into onscreen performances.

Fuck you for triggering me this much.
>>
>>68696365
Umbridge, stephen king said was the most evil character in literature.

either way, rowling worked with the movie people to make it.

GoT the writer hates the TV show, until he saw Zod's Fat Check.
>>
File: 1449863431848.jpg (7 KB, 184x214) Image search: [Google]
1449863431848.jpg
7 KB, 184x214
>>68695883
>properly

Nope, they fucked it completely.
>>
>>68696421

Rowling went full Lewis by the end and turned the whole thing into one big religious metaphor. She lost control of the series.

I understand perhaps using SOME lines from the book, but so much of 6 was directly copied and it just doesn't fucking translate to screen, either because they realized that not many of the kids actually grew into decent actors or because you can't just pick and choose book lines to throw into the movie and think it'll work.
>>
>>68696530
>>68696319
>>68696365
Shit taste confirmed 4 was shit. But 5 was a godsend compared to 4. 6 was solid and 7 was goat

> muh dark magic and witchraft is too dark
> everyone's dying why is it so serious for harry and the main characters
>>
>>68696365
>book
This is /tv/ faggot. Films and books are different for a reason and they were better than the books yes even hbp!
>>
>>68696557
The trio were above average though. Ron and hermione were fine, they were all fine in the latter ones except for when radciffe was wasted and even then it kind if fit the movie
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.